collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Dreams Come True!! The doll that started it all...  (Read 674 times)

Offline HappyCrover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Glue-Seepage Head
  • Princess Bee!
    • View Profile
    • Happy Crover Tumblr
Dreams Come True!! The doll that started it all...
« on: January 12, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »
I'm just over the moon right now because a very very very special doll has found its way into my hands. This is my story:

Many years ago, our family friends had us over and I was something of the babysitter of their young daughter, so me, probably early 20s if not just a bit younger, had to play with this 4-5 year old. Then, she pulls out her monster high dolls and I didnt even know these things existed! I was absolutely floored by the imagination and detail and absolutely amazing concept for a fashion doll (Me growing up with only barbies, it was quite a shock) The doll I was designated, by her, to play with was a Rochelle Goyle, and she was just my absolute favorite. At the time I had heard of people repainting dolls and I thought, this was the kind of doll that would be so perfect to paint. I didn't pick up the hobby officially until years later, but I did buy my first draculaura during that time (Which I finally painted a couple months ago!) And it was really just a special moment for me that kinda changed my life a little! Now I own many mh dolls and am going full force into the repainting hobby. Today, we payed a visit to that same family and, to my delight, that young girl was letting go of many of her old dolls, including:

The very same Rochelle Goyle that opened my life to the fashion dolls of today, to doll repainting and customization and even into the ball-jointed doll hobby as well! And its a hobby I share with my friends, my sisters, and even my young niece!! This doll is so special and sentimental to me, I feel so honoured to be in possession of it. Of course, she is pretty beat from years of play, her wings and accessories are gone. But I absolutely adore Rochelle and adore this doll!! I'll be sure to fix her up and paint her face as one of my post precious mh dolls in my collection.  :biggrin:
"Can you find it in the field?"
I'm Princess Bee and I'm trying to make cute custom dolls!! Let's be friends~

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams Come True!! The doll that started it all...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:47:21 AM »
That is a wonderful to get the actually doll that kicked it all off.

Any specific plans for your customizing or will you be thinking it over some ?

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:38:26 AM »
That's so cute, to wind up with THE Rochelle that caught your attention!
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline HappyCrover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Glue-Seepage Head
  • Princess Bee!
    • View Profile
    • Happy Crover Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 08:17:20 AM »
Thank you!! I snagged a bunch of other dolls too that she was giving up but this is the star for sure!

I almost would have just kept her as is, just a little washing up, but her face is already a bit damaged so I think Iíll just wash up and curl her hair, and give her a cute sweet face thatís more my art style and pamper her with all sorts of cute outfits! She can be a doll I dress up in different fun clothes rather than one specific outfit and have her as a mascot of sorts :  :biggrin: I know I have other projects going on but I am just too eager to start!!
"Can you find it in the field?"
I'm Princess Bee and I'm trying to make cute custom dolls!! Let's be friends~

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:58:03 AM »
What a beautiful story! Congratulations!
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr