collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: A Doll A Day Challenge 2018  (Read 26141 times)

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
Re: A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2018, 09:26:29 PM »
If you do, I want to see it. XD

To be honest, her Sweet 16 updo always makes me think of Elvira when I see it.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2018, 11:38:24 AM »
If you do, I want to see it. XD

To be honest, her Sweet 16 updo always makes me think of Elvira when I see it.

Sweet 1600 was exactly the doll that came to my mind when I read your post!  :biggrin:

Day 287

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 15, 2018, 02:13:13 PM »
Day 288

Smearing filters on photos is so much fun! Here's the original pic (which I prefer, despite having fun with the previous one):

Post Merge: October 16, 2018, 01:27:29 PM

Day 289

I realized that I haven't posted any photos of my MH Vinyls (except for one with FT Frankie), so here's Frankie, I think it's blurry, but since I have a migraine (again  :argh:), I can't really see...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:28:44 PM by neon_jellyfish »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 17, 2018, 01:55:37 PM »
Day 290

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 18, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »
Awww!  So cute! <3

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 18, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

neon, I ADORE your Day 285 group shot! Shows just how expressive MH Ghouls can be! Such fun.

And sorry to hear those pesky migraines are at work again. Thanks for keeping up with the Challenge despite them, I'm really enjoying your pics!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 18, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
SaelaVe - thanks!

DogMom - thank you!!! I'm glad you enjoy my pics, hearing that helps with fighting that tiny hammer-equipped army of gnomes in my head  :biggrin:

Day 291

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 18, 2018, 03:12:41 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
neon, also meant to include your Dark Queens in my adoration! And your write-up about them was very interesting.

There's a French photographer & environmentalist named Yann Arthus-Bertrand who did a series of books, people and their livestock. He used a backdrop, and to me his work in that series has a similar feel to yours in this thread. Thought you might like to check him out. Be sure to add 'livestock' to your google search...the man's prolific in alot of areas.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 19, 2018, 06:57:20 AM »
Day 285

I didn't know what to do for today's photo, and wasn't in the mood to think about it too much, as I had to take kitty to the vet (she's OK now, she has UTC, but she got antibiotics and meds to suppress symptoms, so she's not in pain). So I did the 'first stupid idea' thing again. I decided to take a group shot of my dolls with twintails. ...I didn't quite realize I had so many... They didn't fit in one shot, so I changed it to characters that have twintails as signature style. Then I narrowed it to loose twintails, no buns or braids (Her Insane Majesty was very upset, because this was her chance to get featured two days in a row; I had to promise her extra photo to make up for this one). Now they fit!

I have no idea what they're talking about...

I just love interacting group shots  <3
This one is beautiful Neon.
I've missed many awesome pictures, it was such a delight to catch up on this thread.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 19, 2018, 12:18:30 PM »
DogMom - thank you! Yann Arthus-Bertrand's work is indeed very interesting! I really like those pictures where humans interact with their animals beyond just 'posing'. I love this kind of old-school textured backgrounds, I've been thinking about somehow getting or making my own (after this challenge - it's keeping me busy as it is).

nassib - thank you very much!

Day 292

Post Merge: October 20, 2018, 12:13:04 PM

Day 293

I didn't know what to do for today's photo, so it's the first-stupid-idea-that-comes-to-my-mind time!

I have a huge and very soft spot for everything paranormal and spooky and dark, and I absolutely love things like 'Top 10 Real Ghosts Caught on Camera' compilations on youtube. The stories usually go along the lines of "XY kept hearing strange noises for a few weeks, then one night, when they were completely, totally alone (several credible witnesses can attest to that) at home (without any lights on, apparently), they grabbed a potato, pointed it in totally nonsensical direction, and later, when they had the photos developed, they made a chilling discovery - there was a ghost of a little girl with dark, drooping hair and an old-fashioned white nightgown on the photo! Several even more credible (but uncredited) experts have looked at photos and swear they haven't been tweaked in any way!"

So anyways, as I was binge-watching 'real ghost' videos on youtube, I felt like I was being watched (I swear it wasn't my cat hypnotizing me to fill her bowl). I glanced out of my balcony door. Nothing was in there, but I felt an odd chill (yes, it was evening in mid-October, but still), so I grabbed my trusty potato and took a snap of my balcony, because doing so totally made sense, riiiiight? And this is what I captured! I had experts from FBI, CIA, MI6, BIN and MIB thoroughly examine the photo and they said that it's 1500% genuine! I caught a real ghost on camera!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:13:04 PM by neon_jellyfish »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 21, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »
Day 294

I'm so under the weather today, like, six feet under... So just a quick blurry snap of a terribly under-rated ghoul, with filter to make whatever imperfection that's in there look fully intentional.

And, as always, the non-prettyfied one:

Post Merge: October 22, 2018, 08:26:31 AM

Day 295

Super-studmuffin, lomo-fied.

Super-studmuffin, not lomo-fied.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:26:31 AM by neon_jellyfish »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 23, 2018, 01:21:33 PM »
Day 296

is utterly stupid! Gonna call filters to the rescue. Again.

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 23, 2018, 02:09:33 PM »
neon, that filter you used with Frankie is awesome! Love the scratchiness! And how funny you captured a REAL LIVE GHOST on your 'potato'!!! But where's her white nightgown??? (scratching head)   :haha:

Glad you checked out Yann Arthus-Bertrand's work and liked it. I think his portraits of the animals and their humans are so special, very intimate. Good luck on your background-making!

I've always loved Jane Boolittle!! I actually like the non-filtered pic best, the filter loses her lovely purple face....

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 24, 2018, 11:43:34 AM »
DogMom - thank you! I need to make my dolls some white nightgowns to take proper real ghost photos  :biggrin: That 'scratched' filter comes with Kalos Filter app (on Android).

Day 297

New arrivals! Pullip Laura and Taeyang Black Butler Sebastian - the Book of Circus version.

High key isn't my thing, I really, REALLY prefer low key lighting, but Sebastian's clothes downright disappear on my black background. Not even Wilhelmina vanishes that badly. I'm tired today, so I decided to leave figuring out light magic tricks for Sebastian for another day, and switched to white background. The dolls are visible on it, but I don't really like this photo, so I - you guessed it - used filter once again! This is turning into filter-themed week awfully fast...

First, the original photo:

And the filtered one:

Post Merge: October 25, 2018, 11:12:20 AM

Day 298

The visible part of Sebastian.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:12:20 AM by neon_jellyfish »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 26, 2018, 10:47:35 AM »
Day 299

Today is Howl At The Moon Day. So I tried to take photo of howling Clawdeen and imitate the moonlight in it. I don't think I got it right, but it was fun nevertheless.

This one uses filter:

This one doesn't have filter, only tweaked curves:

And the original:

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 27, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »
Daaaayyyy... [boisterous drumroll] 300!

Another 100 days completed, and Frankie's hand is still at large! How is this going to end? Will the ghouls ever manage to take commemorative A Doll A Day photo? Stay tuned for the final episode!

Here's a recap of previous photos:

100 Days

200 Days

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
Day 301

My country celebrates 100 years of republic (before that we were part of Austro-Hungarian Empire), so I wanted to take a themed dolly photo, but it was constantly raining (it is still), I didn't want to get my dolls wet and the celebrations looked more like a huge umbrella fest...
But another thing I love to celebrate every year hapenned! Winter ravens arrived! I love that. Ravens are quite common in my country, but aside from those, huge flocks of ravens from the Baltic regions come to spend the winter in warmer climate. My part of city has a lot of greenery, so they like to stay here. Most of the time, they come in relatively small flocks, but once or twice during the 'arrival period', you can see really huge ones, when the whole sky is filled with hundreds and hundreds of ravens, and it makes me ecstatically happy. They're my favorite birds! I tried to take a photo, but they were too high for my phone, so it looks like very grainy picture of dark cloudy sky, so I took celebratory photo with a proper substitute instead ^_^

Post Merge: October 29, 2018, 11:50:17 AM

Day 302

Today is the Cat Day. I wanted to feature Cuddlinator 2000 in the photo, but she's fast asleep in one of her hiding spots, and for once isn't interested in invading the photo tent. So here are my other 'cats'! No idea why is it so blurry, it looks fine on my phone screen...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:50:17 AM by neon_jellyfish »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 30, 2018, 10:00:38 AM »
Day 303

Do you remember little Count Orlok puppet from Day 146 - the Dracula Day? I decided that eventhough he's not, technically, a doll, he still deserves his own photo.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 31, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »
Day 304

Day before yesterday, I took Rosamunda Wilhelmina von Lebkuchenburg out for a Halloween photoshoot. The fog was to die for, and I wasn't sure if it will be there on Halloween, so I took these photos in advance. Today I took photo of Laura for my instagram.

One to show the 'spooky forest':

And one with filter, because filters are now my thing...

And this is the place where I took all these pics:

It was so wonderfully spooky, I didn't want to leave  :biggrin:

Offline NinaMarie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #519 on: November 01, 2018, 12:07:44 PM »
Neon - I love your filters making the photos look like old photographs. The woods photos are beautifully spooky!

I can't believe I never posted the whole month of October! I wish my anti-social phases would stay shorter.

Marisol being proud of her feet