collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

February 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

Author Topic: A Doll A Day Challenge 2018  (Read 3684 times)

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Re: A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2018, 08:13:19 PM »
@Neon_jellyfish
I recently got HTC Clawdeen for her clothes, though I haven't debox her per space but she's gorgeous and you're Clawdeen looks amazing combining her purple her with that dress.
And your 2.0 is so pretty! What a beautiful picture. She's one of my favorite Clawdeens also

@Nina
Taiga's wig looks so perfect for her! It does looks like snow! <3

@modernmonsterhigh
Cupid's hair does look like cotton candy. I wish she had received another release before moving to EAH.
I love Venus pose in your picture :)
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline NinaMarie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2018, 11:26:41 PM »

My mummy CAM's named was earned with her wig, Nefertina Turnertep

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »
modern - I wouldlove to see some photo tricks like that. I have absolutely no idea how to fake pollen for a photo...
nassib - thank you very much!
Nina - "Nefertina Turnertep" is such a funny idea!

Day 37

GSR Clawdeen. Never really understood why they gave the completely unnatural-colored doll naturally brown hair. Maybe I'll reroot her someday.

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »
neon- it was totally supposed to be a corny joke name but it stuck :P

To round off my CAM group is my queen of CAMs the gorgon V. Her full name is Vipera Graecia but gorgon families tend to boringly use the same name variations so to stand out she goes by one initial.  As one of my first CAMs I fell in love with her scales, her snake eyes, and serpentine face. I repainted her lips and made her signature hair color be red. She is my first muse & model.

Online modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fearleader
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »

Another one of my operettas. I had picture day operetta in box but I took her put to restyle her hair. It was kind of fun brushing the gel out and ruining it :p I think I like how I restyled it.
neon- Yeah clawdeen was really the odd one out of scarier reef. Id Iíd love the color in her hair though
nina- she is adorable!! I have a dragon cam and I too love her scales and tattoos. Maybe I should give her some hair one of these days! Love her dress. It really brings out her eye color ^.^
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2018, 09:39:09 AM »
Nina - another great wig!
modern - Oppie is fabulous with her hair like that!

Day 38

FdC Clawdeen

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2018, 10:13:24 PM »

I very much want to open her and play with her but the box is so pretty!

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »
Day 39

After a long hesitation I finally got Ghouls Rule Clawdeen. I love her head, I don't love her outfit. I don't exactly know how I'm going to redress her, I need to go through all my dolly stuff to pick something for her or maybe make something, so that'll be fun.

Online modernmonsterhigh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2018, 06:01:12 PM »
neon- Love your clawdeens! They are both adorable! I agree, her jumpsuit is super ugly. Partly the reason why I bought her nude. Canít wait to see what outfit you choose for her! For mine I chose sister pack outfit and scarahís IHF dress.

Honey in signature ashylnnís stock ( scarah stole the ring )

Operetta in hello kitty Barbie fashion pack. I sewed a bunch of Sanrio outfits to fit monster high :) I think this looks nice! I even redid her hair to the original victory curls.

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2018, 09:15:27 PM »

Sig. Skelita was my very first MH. And she is wearing my very first crochet outfit. Definitely one of my most special dolls.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
modern - thank you! I like how they experiment(ed) with Clawdeen's hair and I love purple, so I needed at least some of her purple-haired dolls. I love Ashlynn's shoes on Honey! And Oppie looks very classy and very 50's. Btw, you totally Operetta-enabled me! I didn't have any Oppies because of her red hair, but she looks so gorgeous in your photos, I couldn't resist and ordered Killer Style Opppie. I'm also planning to get Picture Day and maybe one more, not sure which yet.

Nina - unyuu! She looks so sweet with that hairstyle and outfit!

Day 40

Clawdeen army pack! I now have all the Clawdeens I wanted! Hope that it'll last at least for a week, I'm bad at resisting dolls...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:06:01 AM by neon_jellyfish »

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »

Scarnival Skelita. What I like about mine is that if you look at her eyes from her right she has the appearance of side glancing eyes. From the left major walleye.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2018, 04:11:01 AM »
@Neon_jellyfish
That lavander hair on GR Clawdeen looks so beautiful on your picture.
Her stock made her less attractive so I dared passed on her at the time. I'm so ready to buy her now. I've seen her potential a redress away in so many pictures. I'll need to save for her
May I recommend Black Carpet Operetta? For me she looks very elegant, although perhaps she looks more classy in her Coffin Bean version

@NinaMarie
The crochet dress that you have in your Skelita has always been one of my favorites, and it suits her dearly! Loved the picture!
Also, your Scarnival Skelita has a cute story behind that side glance.
I would believe it to be a repaint if you hadn't told us. She looks sweet and reflexive, it makes a more dynamic picture.

@modern
Wow! I love how Operetta looks on that kitty fashion! Beautiful pictures :)
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Online modernmonsterhigh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2018, 11:19:25 AM »
Nassib- thank you! Barbie has to share too :3
Nina- Wow! Lucky find! Love her outfit. She looks gorgeous with that lipstick.
Neon- yay! I think I want killer style oppie too. Iím in love with her makeup. Love your clawdeens. scarier reef clawdeen really stands out!

Ashlynn looks nice in this outfit too!

Yay!!! Iím so happy  :biggrin: my swap gift arrived yesterday ( from Nina ) and she included a wig! Originally, this was a CAM werewolf and dragon. Sadly though, the CAM werewolf was missing major things like a leg and an arm and hair. I was about to try and sell her and dragon on eBay for cheap but I realized I still have a left Skelita hand from a hand and arm lot and a broken operetta leg. I hot glued operettaís leg in place and just attatched skelitas arm since it fit perfectly! originally, the shirt was for draculaura but it was a little too purple and blue so I gave it to the werewolf! The pants had a rip but I easily repaired it and then gave her extra shoes and a wig! ( I honestly donít know what to do with cattyís boots anymore lol ) I used to despise wigs and think that it was just yarn hot glued to a head. Nina showed me that wigs are so much more! You can even swap them :0 Iím currently making a wig for my old clawdeen head. She has a crack in her head and no ears so itís perfect! She also gave me a little hat I gave to my extra howleen.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »
Nina - beautiful shot! I wanted Scarnival Skelita, but she never got here and importing her internationally is too expensive...
nassib - wow, I knew about die-ner set with Lala, but I had no idea they made one with Oppie! She's a real beauty, she looks like some film noir femme fatale! Currently I'm leaning towards Dance Class Operetta, I really like her face-up (and she's possible to find in my country).
modern - thank you! GSR Clawdeen is super-fun. Purple werewolf mermaid - I simply had to have such doll in my collection, lol. Ash looks awesome in that dress. And congrats on new wig and resurrected werewolf CAM!

Day 41

Rosamunda Wilhelmina von Lebkuchenburg, aka Pullip Wilhelmina. More pics are in my photothread.

I also redressed GR Clawdeen. For now she's wearing skeleton CAM's dress, Zomby Gaga's fishnets, and werewolf (?) CAM's shoes. But I want to complete my CAMs at some point, so Clawdeen will have to get another outfit. I'll be going for something black, because I like how it lets her purple hair shine. I think DGRequiem's Cold Shoulder pattern will look awesome on her, but I first need to sew something for my EAH girls from patterns I already have, so this will take a while (I'm also a complete newbie in sewing, so I progress rather slowly).

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2018, 02:43:01 PM »
modern - That's so great your werewolf has new life! And the colors in the wig look so good on her!

Art Class Skelita. Skelita did not get much variation in makeup so I loved this release. I was super happy to find her second hand but she has the worst gluehead I've ever encountered. Her head is super heavy and her hair is greasy, sticky AND crunchy.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:52:10 PM by NinaMarie »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
Nina - that's a cute redress!

Day 42

Creepateria Howleen. I'm not fan of Howleen's character, but this doll is so adorable, and my Twyla needed her bestie.

Post Merge: February 12, 2018, 09:40:22 AM

EDIT

Day 43

Signature Lala
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:40:52 AM by neon_jellyfish »

Online modernmonsterhigh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »

Draculaura :3

My first wig!

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2018, 09:06:55 PM »
Nice job modern!

Sorry I missed day 42 but here is 43

Haven't figured out which release this is but I love how this Mulan can do the splits.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
modern - great wig!
Nina - she looks like Secret Message Mulan from 1997, but rebodied.

Day 44

Sweet 1600 Lala