collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 11
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

February 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

Author Topic: A Doll A Day Challenge 2018  (Read 3680 times)

modernmonsterhigh and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
Re: A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »
Scarlett - I'm wonk-blind, too. It always takes me from several weeks to several months to discover really bad wonk, and if it's not too bad, I can't see it at all. Happyyyy!
NinaMarie - omigosh they're so adorable!
modern - Lala's flower crown looks amazing on her and I love Clawdeen in that outfit! I was always torn about her GR release, because I like her hair and make-up, but I'm not too crazy about her jumpsuit. Only recently I decided to get her, might redress her in something similar.

Day 20

BYBY Cleo. I looooove love love her blue hair and her make-up and her circlet. Also her sandals.

Online modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fearleader
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2018, 03:44:32 PM »
Nina- thanks for the kind words! This is one of the few ghouliaís i like. I despise most of her outfits to be honest. I could only deal with LND, DotD, Signature, Fashion pack, and her motorcycle doll. Ghouliaís hair is adorable in that photo!
Neon- thank you!! Yeah, clawdeen came nude for me. This outfit she has on is amazing, if I had an extra pair of draculaura boots she would be wearing those lol. Yeah I agree, the jumpsuit is ugly. If I get it Iíll probably turn it into a pair of leggings or shorts or something lol. Cleo looks gorgeous with blue hair! Iíve loved the two pack with her and deuce so much. I need to get it one day..
Scarlett- this is embarrassing, but I got a Gigi and it took me 3 months to realize she had the worst wonk in the history of wonks begore wiping her face off completely..

Itís the best day ever for me !! Iíve finally complete my dawn of the dance draculaura! Originally, I bought her for real cheap. But the only problem being her hat was missing:( I then bought an operetta that had her ring and she surprisingly came with a weird black hat keeping her hair together in a ponytail. I then painted it white and put it on lala calling it a day. Then, one day I found a lot with another dawn of the dance lala and her hat was in the accessory lot! I asked the person if they could split her and a holt up for me to buy separately and she agreed. Her mom appearantly took her phone and sold the entire lot to someone else for $5! ( note this lot had over 50 dolls ). I was pretty sad but it didnít bother me too much. The seller then messaged me back apologizing and said she had a few CAM dolls along with a Cleo and said she would sell her to me for real cheap. I then saw a picture of the CAM werewolf and dragon and saw the werewolf shoes! I thought they would look amazing on a clawdeen and so I said yes. She then said she would include any accessory from the lot for the misunderstanding. And so, I took the hat ( over newspaper club tights ) and today it finally arrived! The string was broken so I had to restring it. Luckily, I had some very thin elastic and I used it :) then I spray painted a black stand and brush a very very pretty pink ( not showing well in photos ). So thatís the story! ( whew, ) Iím planning on locking her in a display case and never touching her again lol. I pretty much only wanted her and some duplicates because of how pretty she looks with dark makeup and lipstick. After noticing lagoona looks really pretty with it too, I am trying to get all the characters I can with their darkest makeup. After rereading this I can include Iím crazy.
Hereís some more pics!!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:46:57 PM by modernmonsterhigh »
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline NinaMarie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »
neon - You make me want to buy up all the Cleos! BYBY was definitely one that almost pulled me in for all the things you just mentioned you like.
modern - I LOVE the story behind your Draculaura! I'm so glad you got to complete her!

Ok here is my last Ghoulia centered photo for now. I hope I get a hold of her gloves and necklace someday.

Offline Scarlett

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2018, 01:19:46 AM »
That's a nice story about ompleting the Draculaura.  Its great when you can get the doll to look (almost!) exactly how you envision them.

NinaMarie - nice pairing of the two zombies.  I love Ghoulia (she my 2nd favourite after Rochelle, but I sadly dont own any dolls of her :( )

My photo this week is Becky out to lunch with me and a friend this weekend.  The business card of the restaurant is the perfect menu-size.  I "messed-up" and didn't take the right doll tho.  I should have taken Lottie (who is an Alice in Wonderland), as the place was called The Hatter and the Hare, and everything was Alice-themed!!

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2018, 08:30:21 AM »
Nina! Oh my! Their poses are adorable! I love this pair so much as a couple.
Ok here is my last Ghoulia centered photo for now. I hope I get a hold of her gloves and necklace someday.

They are in reality my favorite pair of all MH. And they got so little webisodes together.

------

Here's a small contribution to the thread.

Teeny Frightmares by Nassib09, on Flickr

I don't remember if I ever shared this picture. I don't think I have taken pictures any of the other frightmares
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
modern - congrats on completing your Lala! Great job! I like how you painted the stand and brush, too.
Nina - Cleo is definitely very good at persuading people to get her dolls  :biggrin: I love Ghoulia's pose!
Scarlett - so cute! I'd love to go to Alice in Wonderland themed restaurant or cafť. Too bad we don't have any around here...
nassib - I love the sparkly background!

Day 21

THE Cleo. This ghoul is absolute perfection.

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2018, 09:39:20 PM »
Neon - I am DYING to get that two-pack. One, it's probably the last Ghoulia ever and two, that Cleo is the queen of all!

So here is something a little different. A Disney Princess Jasmine head on a fakie Cleo body. Just a fun little experiment.

Online modernmonsterhigh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2018, 11:46:57 PM »

Decided to take a pic of one of my many operettas ( another one is on its way ). I love it when I take her hair down and itís just flawless curls :0 also, her signature is great for getting more jeans and a nice skullette ring along with a nice fitting purple top!
Neon- Cleo looks beautiful!! I love her.
Nina- yay!! A new doll! I actually thought it was her actual body before reading. Love the outfit with her. Jasmine would definitely fit cleoís wardrobe.
scarlett- wow! Thatís so cool :0 where I live we have hatter cupcakes and a wonderland themed coffee shop! Love the tiny card  :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:51:56 PM by modernmonsterhigh »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »
Nina - that's a great match! Her skintone is perfect. Origins pack is well worth dying and raising back to unlife for. Both of them are made of  pure awesomeness.
modern - Operetta looks great, such a gentle look...

Day 22

Cleo army.

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2018, 10:00:55 PM »

This marked my decline into Barbie collecting. Her makeup is so wild and her smile so cheerful!

Offline Scarlett

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2018, 10:58:36 PM »
That hair!! That eyeshadow  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2018, 08:22:29 AM »
Eeeeeek! I totally forgot to take photo of my WTMH Cleo! She's pretty and I love her, but my other Cleos seem to be a lot more skilled in steering attention towards themselves. Here she is, poor thing.

Day 23

Nina - That's one of the old Barbie and the Rockers releases? She looks fabulous!

Online modernmonsterhigh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2018, 08:26:27 PM »

Great photos everyone!

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2018, 09:29:41 PM »
Inspired by nassib here are my two frightmares. I REALLY wanted to love the frightmares. Centaurs are a favorite mythical creature of mine. In the end the only ones who really called to me were the two deer-like ones.

Offline nassib

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2018, 05:10:21 AM »
@neon_jellyfish
I think that Cleo is beautiful. I love signature and 2.0 Cleo, but my only grudge with them would be their tinsel. This pretty reboot dolly has that golden hair that mimics tinsel awesomely so she can keep the softness of her hair and still sporting that royal look with golden highlights.
Her face reminds me a bit of Scaris Cleo who I also like :)

@ModernMonsterHigh
Nice pictures!
I like that Clawdeen a lot. I believe that's the only one with black hair streaks. My favorite blouse the one with a wolf picture :D

@NinaMarie
Pretty frightmares!
I've tried to like them more also but the head proportions, faces and poor articulated bodies don't help much. Still I liked several enough to get. The ones from your picture are my favorites, although I don't think I have any picture of them. Maybe a general with other dolls. I need to get back to taking pictures
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2018, 10:14:30 AM »
modern - super cute Howleen! And Clawdeen looks great in Operetta's stock. Sig Oppie's outfit is great, anyone can wear it and look good.
Nina - I'm the same with Frightmares. These two are my faves (I don't have the icy one though, it's easier to stumble upon golden mine than Frightmares here), and I also like the ghost-goat.
nassib - she is beautiful! I felt really bad about forgetting to take pics of her. I even said sorry to her! But I can't help it, to me she doesn't have the same presence as G1 Cleos. But that doesn't mean she isn't awesome, and I definitely agree with you on the golden streaks in place of tinsel. I hate tinsel and I think light streaks are much closer to her original design. She's also one of two reboot dolls that made it into my collection, and that itself deserves praise!

Day 24

Sig Ghoulia. I originally planned to go from biggest armies to small armies to dolls of which I only have one or two releases, but I decided to continue with Ghoulia instead, because Cleo and Ghoulia are my favorite besties. I don't like many Ghoulia dolls (I don't like red), I only have two and I'm planning to get two more, but as a charatcer, I absolutely love her and I miss her. I'm so glad she got her not-really-SDCC release!

Offline NinaMarie

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2018, 09:50:39 PM »
Ghoulia is so awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on the fancy almost-SDCC  two pack.

I picked up this Fashionista #66 as Walmart for $4. It mostly because I love her dress and hoped it might fit my broader chested 80s & 90s girls. Nope they are still too big for even curvy clothes. Not sure what I'm going to do next with her. She's cute and will chill with my older girls for now.

Offline nassib

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2018, 04:08:32 AM »
@neon_jellyfish
Ghoulia picture! Signature Ghoulia is such an adorable doll. Beautiful picture

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2018, 10:39:30 AM »
Thank you, Nina and nassib!

Day 25

Ghouliana Jones, ready for another adventure! I love her. Cleo from Origins pack is such a fancy and bold doll, but Ghoulia keeps pace with her just fine! I only have surplus photos of this Ghoulia, so I'll post them here instead of my photo thread.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline nassib

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2018, 01:14:35 PM »
@neon_jellyfish
I would never understand how Ghoulia can look so good in such a mismatch outfit.
Beautiful picture!

Nassib09, on Flickr