collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

June 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Moonbow Doll Customs- Updated 1/1/18  (Read 516 times)

Offline Erk4art

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scary Cute
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Moonbow Doll Customs- Updated 1/1/18
« on: January 01, 2018, 12:26:58 PM »
Hello everyone! I wanted to say Happy New Year! And share a custom Avea Trotter I did last month. I hope you like it :) She's winter themed with frost and snow. I haven't customized any MH dolls for a bit so I apologize since I used to post quite a bit more often. Also, my artist name is Moonbow Doll which I am mentioning because I used to post under another name. I have quite a few more customs I'm working on so stay tuned :D Also, to see my earlier work please check out my Instagram or Facebook pages, I have a ton of customs on there if anyone was curious. There are so many talented people in this hobby it just amazes me.

https://www.instagram.com/moonbow_doll_bjd/

Offline eahseamstress

• Vampire Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Moonbow Doll Customs- Updated 1/1/18
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 12:50:57 PM »
Ahh, I love it- I've never seen an Avea custom before! I'm curious, what material are the horns?

Offline Erk4art

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »
Ahh, I love it- I've never seen an Avea custom before! I'm curious, what material are the horns?

Thank you! I almost always make the horns myself out of Sculpy or Fimo clay or but I actually got these horns at a craft store with Christmas ornaments and couldn't pass them up, then I repainted them and added texture. They are a coated ceramic material.  I've made several horns out of Sculpy though and it works really well or clay that hardens in the air and if they are really fragile you can make a frame with wire first. Anyway, I'm not sure if you wanted that much of an explanation but there you go haha  ;)

Offline neon_jellyfish

• MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »
Breathtaking beauty!  :love:

Offline Valadomi

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
    • Valadomi on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 03:38:40 PM »
She's lovely! Are the patterns freehand?
Love the horns and the feathering

Offline Erk4art

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 09:46:11 PM »
Breathtaking beauty!  :love:

Thank you Neon!  :biggrin:

She's lovely! Are the patterns freehand?
Love the horns and the feathering

Thank you as well Valadomi! All the drawing is freehand on her  ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:13:15 AM by Erk4art »

Online VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 10:45:34 PM »
She's magnificent! Avea is one of the dolls I hope to own eventually and I could have never imagined she could be customized in that way, now I have all sorts of ideas for characters for my future doll! Do you often make horns/antlers for dolls? I have some experience making human-sized antlers but small ones seem like a real challenge!

Offline flegin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 11:07:33 PM »
She is fantastic! Well done! I have a couple of Aveas that I plan to customize eventually, but they will never be as beautiful as yours! I especially love all the little details. :)

Offline Erk4art

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 09:25:06 AM »
She's magnificent! Avea is one of the dolls I hope to own eventually and I could have never imagined she could be customized in that way, now I have all sorts of ideas for characters for my future doll! Do you often make horns/antlers for dolls? I have some experience making human-sized antlers but small ones seem like a real challenge!

Thank you VoidChilde! I actually have one more Avea to customize too haha. I make a lot of antlers and horns and other random stuff, I bet if you try wouldn't have too much problem making them smaller. My only huge issue is not making things too small for the larger dolls and you may have the opposite issue. If you do make a custom Avea I've found that spray paint works really well on the body and then sprayed with some Mr. Super Clear you can draw on it easy but I have NOT had good experience with it on the hands or head. That soft vinyl keeps the paint sticky from what I've experienced in the past.

She is fantastic! Well done! I have a couple of Aveas that I plan to customize eventually, but they will never be as beautiful as yours! I especially love all the little details. :)

Thank you Flegin  :biggrin: I'm sure they will be awesome and I look forward to seeing them! I always love seeing Avea customs especially and like I said, I have been amazed at how many talented people there are in this hobby.  :cool:

Offline NinaMarie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 05:24:04 PM »
Gorgeous! Definitely one of my favorite Avea customs! I love snowflakes and snowy themes. Everything about her is fantastic! I love the snow blanket and added hoof "feathers." There is so much to look at!
I just picked up an extra Avea from a thrift store that I'm hoarding to have customized some day. Love love centaurs!
I'm headed to Instagram now...

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »
Beautiful work!
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Erk4art

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »
Thank you Nassib and NinaMarie! You guys are all so sweet, thank you all for the nice compliments <3 <3 <3