collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: 2017 ~ A Year in Review ~ (Just your MH Memories)  (Read 1031 times)

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
2017 ~ A Year in Review ~ (Just your MH Memories)
« on: December 31, 2017, 12:41:31 PM »
See your 2013 memories here
See your 2014 memories here
See your 2015 memories here
See your 2016 memories here

We've done this for four years now  :) 
I now the reboot has changed the atmosphere for some of our collector's feelings and even to the MH Arena itself. Some of us don't come here as often as we used to, and there's little releases keeping the line alive, but still wanted to take the time to share our moments of joy with MH during 2017.

What was the first MH doll you purchased this year?

How many MH dolls did you add to your collection in 2017?

What is your favorite MH doll or playset purchase of 2017?

What's your favorite MH photo that you took in 2017?

What is your favorite memory of collecting MH for 2017?

Is there anything else special you want to share about collecting MH in 2017?

Do you have any MH resolutions for 2018?

What are you most looking forward to from MH in 2018?
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 ~ A Year in Review ~ (Just your MH Memories)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:53:56 PM »
Wheee, I was so looking forward to this thread!

Zomby Gaga.

Cleo + Ghoulia Origins pack, hands down.

One of these two, not sure which one...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The lovely writtenhuman helping me get Origins pack! Thank you!

I love this community!

Moving most of dolls from my wishlist to my shelves, I guess...

Mostly the fun I'm going to have with the dolls I already have and on this forum!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 12:55:28 PM by neon_jellyfish »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »
Started collecting MH just this year!

My first MH doll was Honey Swamp, her first doll from the Frights, Camera, Action! line.

I have five MH dolls so far that I all got this year. Honey Swamp, Gooliope Jellington (Freak Du Chic), Catty Noir (Self-standing Signature), Draculaura (Party Hair, G2), and Ari Hauntington (Electrified, G2).

Gooliope Jellington! I adore her color scheme, and I love all the detail in her eyes since she's a larger doll. Not to mention those awesome shoes.

Gooliope holding her own cardboard picture from her box. :P

Buying Honey Swamp at Goodwill!

Haven't decided if there's a set I want to aim to complete yet, but I want to work on buying dolls that are currently on my wishlist.

Buying dolls of course! :biggrin:

Offline nassib

• Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »
It seems like a slow year for me on MH terms, given that we are not seeing as many lines being release as in past years. Or what I'm seeing is not that appealing for me. But still manage to have a nice year on the MH front

I can't remember if it was a Dayna that boyfriend brought from his trip to the US or a second Avea I got on discount.

26 new dollies (adding up to 234, which I leave as reference for next year) which is probably the lowest amount of dolls I've bought in a year since this line started and is higher that what I thought I had added as usual :haha:

Without a doubt Ghoulia from Ghoulia & Cleo's collector edition 2 pack

I don't think is my best picture, and as I mention in the EAH thread, I took very little pictures this year, but It's by far my favorite doll of the year, and that's the picture that came out the best  ^^;

Confirmation news about a new Ghoulia (the one above). She's such an exquisite doll and I could fan-girl for hours about her.

I've said this almost every year. MH dolls make me happy. They make me smile when I look at them and remember the story of how each came home. I love contemplating their details and finding new clever concealed winks on them each time I admire them up close. When I'm stress, of course my family is my stone, but my dollies also help a lot. I find them soothing.

I know I'm doing perfect on my collection rules as there is little I see that amaze me on the new lines, but I would like to find older dolls that I would very much like to track down and adopt. Like Signature Lagoona, maybe Fierce Rockers Jinafire & Venus, clothes I never got, clothes that got lost, I<3F, finish sewing that custom Hoodude that I've had all in pieces for at least 2 years, and try my hand at 2 customs that I have in mind or find artists that can help me bring them to life. Still, and just to write it down, keep my one doll per character all the Ghoulias, all the Moanicas, and only dollies I really like

Ballet Moanica and.. I don't know. Hope MH brings good surprises this new 2018

Wheee, I was so looking forward to this thread!
Me too!  :party:
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »
Iím a new-not-so-new MH collector. I collected them in 2014-2015 by got rid of them because I thought it was just a phase.. but now I know itís not  ^^; Wow I typed a lot Iím sorry :(

Signature operetta. She was my first doll back from the dead.

Letís see..
53 OOB consisting of:
and
6 MIB including: LE amanita, Londoom ghouls, PD operetta, GF howleen ( completing howleen collection ). Note that I mostly buy OOB dolls because MIB are expensive but these few were either $20 or less.

Not a purchase but a swap.. Signature venus.. she was the first MH character and signature Iíve EVER had in my entire life. She may not be gloom and bloom venus ( my first doll ever ) but she is very gorgeous.. now she is on a super high shelf with all my other rare dollies :) other than that I would say DotD lala ( Soo pretty :0 )

My favorite memory was opening the SDCC wisp and Signature Gigi both that came in together.. they made me so happy.. especially since their hair was AMAZING :0

Is there anything else special you want to share about collecting MH in 2017? Only get the doll if you personally like it or if itís a gift for someone who would like it. Like for me. I never will get any of the reboot or any Cleo and toralei from any line besides their signatures. I do not like Twyla at all either.. I do not think bangs suit her at all. If I find the opportunity to get her without bangs I will do so. But she is not a doll Iím a fan of. However, I am a fan of nefera and amanitaís dolls but I hate their character :/

I want to maybe get less dolls.. I collected a lot within 6 months D: especially with the werewolves.. they are so cute ^~^

Collecting at least one of the characters. Iím also looking forward to getting better at customs, reroots, and I want to start making free patterns for everyone to use on their MH dolls :) ( currently making a dress, shirt/bra, and jeans! )
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:23:59 PM by modernmonsterhigh »
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 09:32:06 AM »
Whew it's been a while since I posted.

I think it was the first budget dolls of Frankie and Cleo. Bought em at the same time because I was so thrilled they looked okay and had really nice accessories.

Around 30 I think? Maybe a little bit more. I did a lot of my shopping in the first half of the year.

The Maul Monsteristas set for eBay/sale finds. Garden Ghouls Toralei or Party Ghouls Abbey for one bought on the primary market.

I'm really proud of all my vday pics. I still haven't found a decent way to get those back up without photobucket unfortunately :annoyed:

I got TWO of my grail dolls!!! Signature Cupid with all her accessories and stand as well as IHF Frankie! The pleasant surprise of the reboot was another and I was really happy for all the Ghoulia fans who got the SDCC pack.

Even though I kind of fell off the boat when the semester started I still loved being able to look over my collection. I've become quite proud of it.

Be on here more honestly ^^; I need to work on my grail dolls as well and I'd like to get more shelving up in my room.

More of it tbh. Seems like everything's slowed to crawl as of late. I really want Ballet Cleo and I'm still holding out hope for that Moanica/Ari that I cannot live without. I'm also looking forward to getting back on the customization train I was ungraciously thrown off of when school started.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:41:41 AM by ReversedUser »

Offline dragonlady

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 01:45:04 PM »
What was the first MH doll you purchased this year? I think it was reboot Deuce.

How many MH dolls did you add to your collection in 2017? I *think* 7? The two big ones were SDCC Ghoulia and Weberella, plus Deuce, reboot dance Draculaura, and Cleo with pet, Sig Jane Boolittle and a second Neighthan
Edit: I forgot I bought Sig Lagoona for my sister so 8:)

What is your favorite MH doll or playset purchase of 2017? Definitely SDCC Ghoulia! I had her originally but had to sell her; I loved her so am happy to have her back! Second is Weberella; sold her to buy Ghoulia but found I missed her so got her again:)

What's your favorite MH photo that you took in 2017? I don't think I took any ^^;

What is your favorite memory of collecting MH for 2017? Getting SDCC Ghoulia again! I was so excited to get her and she was loose so even better! (I didn't debox my original so couldn't play with her)

Is there anything else special you want to share about collecting MH in 2017? I actually got around to making outfits/ repainting some of the ghouls I've been meaning to do! Yay!

Do you have any MH resolutions for 2018? Keep chipping away at the making clothes/ repainting list!

What are you most looking forward to from MH in 2018? Not much (don't really care for the reboot)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:24:13 PM by dragonlady »
Where oh where has my Ghoulia gone? Oh where oh where could she be? (Seriously Mattel, where is she??!!)

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »

I actually purchased three at the same time: Designer Boo-tique Frankie Stein and Shriekwrecked Catrine and Gil. I got them on sale from Toys R Us.

I added nineteen dolls to my collection. I got the three dolls above, Gala Ghoulfriends Mouscedes and Ghouls' Getaway Jinafire from TJMaxx, Casketball Champ Venus and Monster Family Clawdeen, Barker, and Weredith Wolf from Toys R Us, and Monster Family Pawla Wolf; Fangelica; Dracula and Draculaura; Lagoona and Kelpie Blue; Cleo, Lux and Sandy de Nile; Party Ghouls Abbey; and First Day of School Lagoona, all as Christmas presents.   

My favorite playset has to be the Monster Kitchen. I'm in love with all the little details! As for dolls, my favorite is Pawla Wolf. Despite her limited articulation, she really is a cutie!

Christmas! I nearly completed all of the Monster Family line! I now only need Ebbie Blue and Pharrah de Nile.

I made my first doll room/display for Clawdeen, Howleen, and Clawdia! It was a challenging process, but I managed to get it to work. Also, I was able to make it foldable for storage. I'm very proud of that.

Create more doll rooms and beds! Also, better organize my doll accessories. They're sort of organized now, but I think I can find a better way to store them.

Probably the new Monster Family dolls, especially the bunk bed playset.

Offline LeFeRe

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 02:40:45 AM »

What was the first MH doll you purchased this year?  I started colleacting this dolls this yer so our first one was Draculaura from Photobooth Ghouls

Frankie Stein from Scaris

Is there anything else special you want to share about collecting MH in 2017? It is awasome dolls but I think everyone khows this)))

Do you have any MH resolutions for 2018? I want all three Party Ghouls, Skelita and Gooliope Jellington.

What are you most looking forward to from MH in 2018? New interesting dolls because what I see now for 2018 releases is not what I want to buy(((

Offline nassib

• Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »

Beautiful dresses! It's an adorable picture :)

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 08:49:51 PM »
Awesome stuff everyone!

mine
According to my hauls thread, a baity Deuce

I honestly have no idea. With photobucket eating my photos, it would be very hard to keep track

The male Campire. He has been a grail for quite some time.

Finding stuff that wasn't released on my country in the flea market for cheap :p

Not much. A LOT of lines weren't released in Mexico, basically we got only the budget ones.

Buy less!

G2 males! I hope they bring Clawd, or they release more guys