collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Tina's Introduction: Hi!  (Read 491 times)

Offline tinseltina

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
Tina's Introduction: Hi!
« on: December 24, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »
Hi I'm Tinseltina you can call me "Tina"

I'm new to the forum, I just joined 2 days ago and finally got the time to post my intro post.

I'm a new collector I started collecting Ever After High and Monster High dolls 6 months ago, I started with Darling Charming because she is my favorite character and one of my role models. I thought her dolls were the most gorgeous dolls I've ever seen! And then my addiction just grew from there, and now I spend all my free time browsing ebay and amazon for good deals on discontinued dolls (I'm working on collecting Kitty Cheshire dolls at the moment). :blink:

I'm here to learn more about the dolls and what fits and how to take care of them properly. I live in a very humid climate so doll care is one of the more important parts of my collector's journey. I hope to move to a desert state in the future but for myself but also to keep my dolls safer.

I'm also collecting to repaint dolls, although I haven't started that yet. I'm a fan of doll repaint youtube channels like Dollightful and Hextian and Moonlight Jewel.

I'm a (sort of) poor college student trying to balance paying off tuition while also feeding my hobbies, and I think I'm doing pretty well for myself.  :biggrin:

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Tina's Introduction: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:38:43 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, Tina. ( ^ ω ^ )

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »
Welcome ^^
Yea, I live in Nevada so itís always warm here. Not always good though since a few of my dolls got glue seepage from being left out to dry in the sun repainted.. I suggest for the rarer dolls searching on offerup or something like that. Iíve seen really good deals like FOI Ashlyn for $20 MIB
and a SU kitty for $5 oob in good condition. you might have to take risks though. Could be smoky. Anyways, Iím sure you will enjoy it here :)
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline respositob

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 04:10:49 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, Tina! :D I'm also a fan of Hextian and Dollightful. Especially Hextian. He does the most amazing work and I would kill to be able to draw like that! :lol:

And to add on to what modernmonsterhigh said, you can also look for used dolls on Mercari. They tend to have good prices from what I've seen.

Offline NixieLynx

• Midnight Magic
  • Somebody tell me, why I work so hard for you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 08:43:22 AM »
Welcome to the arena! I hope you feel comfortable here! I have a hard time finding Kitty Cheshire, she is one of my favorites and I sadly can't get my hands on her! Good luck on your collecting adventures!

-Nixie