collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: She-Ra Netflix/Dreamworks reboot  (Read 339 times)

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Boy Doll Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • thatRavie
She-Ra Netflix/Dreamworks reboot
« on: December 20, 2017, 12:39:38 AM »
Confirmed by Variety. A new She-Ra series from DreamWorks coming to Netflix next year.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/trol...ix-1202637829/

“She-Ra”
From Eisner Award-winning author and executive producer Noelle Stevenson comes a modern take on the ‘80s girl power icon for a new generation of young fans. The trailblazing property originally debuted in 1985 to satisfy demand for a female-led fantasy series. The series is described as an epic and timely tale that celebrates female friendship and empowerment, led by a warrior princess tailor made for today. The series will be available to Netflix members worldwide in 2018. 

and first look at She-Ra

https://twitter.com/hemanorg/status/942904437613395970

the reason I'm posting it is because some of you were fans of the SDCC She-Ra doll and the prototypes Garrett Sanders designed.

Do we think this series will inspire Mattel to actually give us a doll line? If not that line, then perhaps a play line similar to DCSHG? Although, from the looks of her, I see a lot of molded plastic already :\

If it proves popular enough, could the SDCC She-Ra style line end up in production as a collectors series or something?

Online Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
Re: She-Ra Netflix/Dreamworks reboot
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 02:44:01 AM »
I never saw the original show, but wouldnt mind to see the reboot.
I am a biiit concerned about that the sketch of her dont make her look very feminine... I dont mind modesty but she look like a boy with long hair... and her name is SHE-ra, so shouldnt she look feminine?
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Beast Friends
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 05:21:50 PM »
I LOVE that they’re rebooting She-Ra, but I’m horrified by that sketch... Hopefully that’s just her “angry face”, and she normally looks... a bit less like Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender (as one commenter humorously pointed out). Also, why does she have the physique of a man? o_0; Giving female characters curves and/or breasts doesn’t sexualize/objectify them... And drawing women so that they look like men is not a “feminist” or “empowering” thing to do... Quite the opposite.

I’m really hoping that that art isn’t indicative of the whole series... They should take some cues from DCSHG as far as design goes, especially if they end up making a toy/doll line.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:24:29 PM by Nemesis »

Online Sakuya

• Creative Kitty
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 11:41:53 PM »
I LOVE that they’re rebooting She-Ra, but I’m horrified by that sketch... Hopefully that’s just her “angry face”, and she normally looks... a bit less like Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender (as one commenter humorously pointed out). Also, why does she have the physique of a man? o_0; Giving female characters curves and/or breasts doesn’t sexualize/objectify them... And drawing women so that they look like men is not a “feminist” or “empowering” thing to do... Quite the opposite.

I’m really hoping that that art isn’t indicative of the whole series... They should take some cues from DCSHG as far as design goes, especially if they end up making a toy/doll line.

Lol my friend said the same thing, that she looks like Aang from the Last Avatar.

And I agree, giving her the physique of a male feels very wrong. She have the title of PRINCESS of power, not PRINCE of power after all. It dont take a lot to give her a hint of femininty even if they make her flat as a board... Just one sweetheart bodice line and she would look a lot more feminine in that sketch.
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com

Offline Wardah

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »
It could be just the armor she's wearing. There was a whole backlash against "sexy armor" because it's usually not sensible for battle. Maybe she looks more feminine when she's not in battle.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Online Sakuya

• Creative Kitty
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »
It could be just the armor she's wearing. There was a whole backlash against "sexy armor" because it's usually not sensible for battle. Maybe she looks more feminine when she's not in battle.

The thing is... it dont look like she is wearing armor at all... It looks as if she is wearing a tailed shirt.

And its not like you have to make her armor look sexy to look feminine. Have you looked at Captain Celaeno from the MLP movie? Majority of what she is wearing isnt very feminine, and she lacks female assets too as she is a parrot creature, but you easily understand that she is a female because she has lashed eyes and a sweetheart bodice line on her clothing.

Saddly, even if you remove the clothing that She-Ra wear, she look like a boy from avatar with long hair. There is literally nothing but the long hair to say she is a girl.
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 04:39:25 PM »
this ought to be interesting.

Offline Shuga

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Too busy playing with my dolls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »
That REALLY looks like a preliminary sketch... I'd say wait and see the finished product/art before jumping to conclusions. I imagine they haven't even finished adding ALL the details... and perhaps this is going to be a younger She-ra??

Offline Quillette

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »
I don’t care if she looks like Aang. As long as the story and animation are good I’m all on board.