collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Recommended wall shelves for displaying dolls?  (Read 1268 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
Recommended wall shelves for displaying dolls?
« on: December 16, 2017, 09:16:25 PM »
Not entirely sure if this is the correct board for this topic. I've decided I want to get a wall shelf for my MH and EAH dolls as I plan on getting a lot more of them (at least as many as will fit on whatever shelf I end up buying), and was wondering which ones you guys recommend. I've been searching for one every time I thrift, but mostly just find single tier shelves.

I want a shelf with at least three tiers (the more the better though), similar to this one I have some of my MLPs on:

Although I'd prefer one that's wider, the more dolls that will fit the better! I don't want one that's too tall, as I've ordered Gooliope off of Amazon and she'll be on the very top tier of the shelf due to her size, so I need a good gap between the shelf and my ceiling, as the shelf will be going here:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended wall shelves for displaying dolls?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 09:23:26 PM »
Those 5 shelf bookshelves they sell at Walmart work pretty good if you don't mind your shelves standing on the floor. One shelf has to be shorter by necessity but the rest are good heights for MH/EAH dolls.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:32:02 PM by Wardah »
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 11:29:05 PM »
I love your mlp shelf. It looks like you can use it as a room for dolls and display
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline leenetje

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 12:51:13 AM »
I know you said no single tier shelves, but i personally use the ikea mosslanda. That's actually a single shelf for putting paintings on, but dollstands fit perfectly.
 I also have a couple of them in different lengths and placed above each other. That way you choose yourself how spaced apart you need them.

For MH personally there is enough room for about 18 dolls standing on a long one and 8 dolls standing on a short one. In front of the standing dolls you can use the edge to sit dolls down on, so even more can fit on there.

• Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 08:47:57 AM »
I know you said no single tier shelves, but i personally use the ikea mosslanda. That's actually a single shelf for putting paintings on, but dollstands fit perfectly.
 I also have a couple of them in different lengths and placed above each other. That way you choose yourself how spaced apart you need them.

For MH personally there is enough room for about 18 dolls standing on a long one and 8 dolls standing on a short one. In front of the standing dolls you can use the edge to sit dolls down on, so even more can fit on there.

18 sounds like a good amount of space, I'll have to check those out!

EDIT: Looking at them online, not quite feeling that taller ledge in the front, gonna see if I can find something similar with similar dimensions, but without a ledge like that.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:50:36 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Offline MonsterHighChecklist

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • I like cheese...
    • View Profile
    • Monster High Checklist
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 05:59:54 PM »

Offline NikkiBell

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 06:28:26 PM »
Wal-Mart and Target both sell some very nice five  tier shelves. If you catch a sale, they can be as cheap as $20 or less. I got two (for books) for, like $30 during the summer.

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
The ones i have in my loft are these
https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-36-in-W-x-72-in-H-x-18-in-D-5-Shelf-Plastic-Ventilated-Storage-Unit-127932/100010588
they are very sturdy and if five tiers is too high you can cut them down to four.
each shelf holds about fourty dolls if you are using the typical monster high/ eah stands or these https://www.amazon.com/TING-Holder-Clothing-Support-Frames/dp/B00RX8MZJG/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FTKRFAJGPAQ8A6QRX2TE  (tho i suggest you get the purple or clear ones the plastic on the pink ones is a lil fragile ))

hope you find the ones you need!
rp
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:17:23 AM by roseprincess1 »

• Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 07:57:28 PM »
I think I need to reiterate this - wall shelves. I need a shelf to hang up on my wall. I don't have the space for any shelves to sit on the floor. ^^;

Offline roseprincess1

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »
I think I need to reiterate this - wall shelves. I need a shelf to hang up on my wall. I don't have the space for any shelves to sit on the floor. ^^;
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh.. sorry ! my bad.. we call any shelves that go against the wall "wall shelves" where im at!
any way.
In that case there's this lil guy.. i have about five of these and  put my art ref books on them. https://www.homedepot.com/p/16-in-L-x-0-6-in-H-White-Classic-Shelf-Kit-HDRCSW516/206359457
not sure how many dolls they will hold but they hold about 35 art referance books each and are good and sturdy plus in expensive.
hope that helps!!

• Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh.. sorry ! my bad.. we call any shelves that go against the wall "wall shelves" where im at!
any way.
In that case there's this lil guy.. i have about five of these and  put my art ref books on them. https://www.homedepot.com/p/16-in-L-x-0-6-in-H-White-Classic-Shelf-Kit-HDRCSW516/206359457
not sure how many dolls they will hold but they hold about 35 art referance books each and are good and sturdy plus in expensive.
hope that helps!!

These look nice, especially that price! I'll have to pay a visit to Home Depot soon, then!

Offline roseprincess1

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »
any way.
hope that helps!!

These look nice, especially that price! I'll have to pay a visit to Home Depot soon, then!
best of luck! they have others too.. i just like the look of these!

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 04:42:26 AM »
I have 2 of the Walmart ones. They set up nicely.
But if I had the money and an Ikea store near by I would go for the shelves system that fits the size and has glass/transparent plastic door. I can't believe how much dust the dolls accumulate
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 04:44:23 AM by nassib »
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr