collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Esbayne's Photos (Update- Just more doll photos!)  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Esbayne's Photos (Update- Just more doll photos!)
« on: December 15, 2017, 08:17:16 PM »
I used to not post photos here overly often so I could get away with singular threads here and there, but since I've been posting a bit more frequently recently I don't want to flood this forum with all my posts so I will condense them down into one thread and just keep using this one! :biggrin:
(Ahead of time- My camera is an older iPod touch so even the best of my photos come out pretty grainy and I apologize.)
Feel free to ask any questions about my photos or dolls if you'd like! I love to share about them to people who ask.

Here are my other two recent photo threads, for the sake of continuity, 'cause why not lol!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also some photos I recently posted of my redressed Project Mc2 Ember.

Here is my current collection, I wanted to share because I have several more dolls than when I showed it last, and I think it'd kind of be a fun way to start my whole thread- introducing all the members of the Doll Horde! Lmao!!

~~

12/17/17

I took these photos last night and today. The ones from last night are Eylune in various colored lights, I thought it looked very pretty, even if the photos aren't the best. And then today I was just having fun taking pictures of two of my cat dolls on my cat. xD

~~~

Thanks for looking!! :love: ^.^ I don't have any dolly friends online or off so it's nice to be able to share my photos/dolls with people anyway! <3
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:47:35 PM by Esbayne »
Also Esbayne on the MLP Arena, PonyIsland, and pretty much everywhere else.
Looking for Ghouls Rule Cleo's necklace + scarf!

:kitty:

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Esbayne's Photos - My Current Collection!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:15:19 AM »
That's a cozy doll corner! I also like your posters and that skeleton cat!

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 03:28:02 AM »
I thought I was the only one who redressed their dolls and stuff lol. I made s really cute outfit with 13 wishes howleen by redressing her with clawdeen’s sister pack dress and glued a green bow to the center making it look really nice ^^ and I get to use her jacket, dress, and belt for another doll because it looks good just like that. Love your river styxx btw LOL.
ISO Cupid and Holt’s rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline eahseamstress

• Vampire Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 06:17:30 AM »
Great to see your collection! I don't even know what mine would look like, because I keep most of my dolls in their boxes and only 30 or so dolls displayed. I'm worried about "dust management"...  :biggrin:

Offline NsMHdolls

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 09:34:34 AM »
I used to not post photos here overly often so I could get away with singular threads here and there, but since I've been posting a bit more frequently recently I don't want to flood this forum with all my posts so I will condense them down into one thread and just keep using this one! :biggrin:
(Ahead of time- My camera is an older iPod touch so even the best of my photos come out pretty grainy and I apologize.)
Feel free to ask any questions about my photos or dolls if you'd like! I love to share about them to people who ask.

Here are my other two recent photo threads, for the sake of continuity, 'cause why not lol!

Also some photos I recently posted of my redressed Project Mc2 Ember.

Here is my current collection, I wanted to share because I have several more dolls than when I showed it last, and I think it'd kind of be a fun way to start my whole thread- introducing all the members of the Doll Horde! Lmao!!

Thanks for looking!! :love: ^.^ I don't have any dolly friends online or off so it's nice to be able to share my photos/dolls with people anyway! <3

What is that cute cat doll behind the Sasha doll?
I am now taking commisions for Custom dolls, ponies, handmade ponywear and doll clothes, and handmade pet hooded coats!

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 11:40:33 AM »
That's a cozy doll corner! I also like your posters and that skeleton cat!

Thank you so much!

I thought I was the only one who redressed their dolls and stuff lol. I made s really cute outfit with 13 wishes howleen by redressing her with clawdeen’s sister pack dress and glued a green bow to the center making it look really nice ^^ and I get to use her jacket, dress, and belt for another doll because it looks good just like that. Love your river styxx btw LOL.

Lol I definitely redress dolls! I like to keep the sig outfits on most of my dolls, but I redress if I have other plans for them or if I hate their original outfit (there's a few but not many).
I bet your Howleen looks very nice! <3 And thank you very much!

Great to see your collection! I don't even know what mine would look like, because I keep most of my dolls in their boxes and only 30 or so dolls displayed. I'm worried about "dust management"...  :biggrin:

Thank you! And lol, I feel your pain! I just spent 4 hours cleaning our rooms/the house the other and had to dust the dolls. Canned air makes it easy peasy though! That's how I dust them- blast them all with canned air and dust up the remaining stubborn dust, which is usually not very much.

What is that cute cat doll behind the Sasha doll?

That is a porcelain doll! He is a Scottish king from a line called Pet Personalities- His name is King Meow but I call him King Merlin. :biggrin: He was made in 1994 making him the only doll I own that's older than me (by 4 years). I'll try to take some better photos of him today!
He's actually the newest member of my collection right now, I finally bought him after searching and lusting after him for so long- I discovered him because a friend found him in a thrift shop and sent me photos, she offered to go back and get him for me once she saw how excited I was about him but I never heard back from her after that so I sought him out myself online and got him.
I am obsessed with cats and adore cat-people, so I have a 'mini-horde' of just cat dolls within the Horde. xD

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »
I took these photos last night and today. The ones from last night are Eylune in various colored lights, I thought it looked very pretty, even if the photos aren't the best. And then today I was just having fun taking pictures of two of my cat dolls on my cat. xD

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
Re: Esbayne's Photos - Photos of Cats! (Updated 12/17/17)
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 08:14:38 AM »
Such cuties! All of them  <3

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Esbayne's Photos - Photos of Cats! (Updated 12/17/17)
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 11:35:19 PM »
Very late Christmas post!
I've been meaning to post all these for a while now but just haven't gotten around to it, I really don't seem to post very much (anymore?) I guess.

I bought this doll to make into my WoW Draenei character! She has some really cool glow in the dark eyes coming that are translucent-y blue in the light, I'll take photos of them in once she gets them. After that, I'm going to be looking to get an airbrush to paint her, but even after I get one it'll be a while, I want to do a fair bit of practice first.

And at the moment that's the end of the photos I have of her at the moment. xD Spare for one more in a sec.

Here is Eylune after the holidays, funnily enough I got this bizarre "make your own ugly socks" kit that came with a pair of (actually really cute!) cat socks and a small box of bizarre tacky things to cover them in, like pom-poms, sequins, bows, a metal chain? (okay all this stuff is totally fine on anything else but not for socks!) and oddly enough this big fuzzy santa beard, for... I don't know what purpose because there were no santa faces anywhere on the socks. xD
So I kept the socks as-is and used the bizarre craft stuff for other things. The big ugly santa beard, I found, makes a lovely fuzzy boa on Eylune.

And all our snow is gone now (oddly enough, we were supposed to have another Snowpocalypse this year and it was nothin'!) but the first day it snowed I took her out for these photos. They're not very interesting but I thought they were pretty, I didn't have very much time as these were right before I went to work.

Also, here was a doll I thrifted from a thrift store for $4. (My first Thrift Store doll! eee! I also got the Ever After High dragon mount, missing it's wings but in otherwise perfect condition, for $4 aswell. I don't have photos of it but I'm really excited for it, I always wanted that dragon but didn't want the doll that came with it and actually didn't even like the wings.) I just thought she was gorgeous, interesting, and had a very unique face. She's in perfect condition and even has her stand. I didn't know what she was until I flipped the stand over and said American Girl doll, oddly enough.

Here's a doll I got for Christmas this year. I was super stoked about it, I wanted to buy her but she sold out before I ever had the money for it. I'm not much of a fan of Barbies at all, but I'm a SUCKER for everything she's about. xD She is a Barbie Gold Label "Faraway Forest - Water Sprite." But man, is she super cool. I wish I had photos of her shoes, I may add those later, because those are also gorgeous but not int he photos.

And finally, because this post is so late, I get to add this little guy to it! Yes, guy! He is a male calico kitty, I decided that before I even bought him online. xD I haven't decided on a name yet, however! So far, I'm really leaning towards Beans. I bought him a couple months back and he finally shipped and was delivered to me.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
Re: Esbayne's Photos
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 01:19:02 AM »
Those snow pics are so cute! And congrats on your hauls!

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Esbayne\'s Photos
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »
Thank you Neon_Jellyfish for such kind comments! <3

I got Alivia Stein today in the mail! First thing I did was ditch that awful pet (franken-LPS, more like), yank out her ponytail and redress her. This seems to be a recurring pattern with the younger sibling dolls & I, lol.
I also painted her forehead stitches. Her lipstick came a bit rubbed, but it's so small in person I didn't notice until I took photos.

Bonus photos of her with redressed Kelpie as well. I also have Pawla and Ebbie, but they aren't redressed. (Ebbie is actually naked, so, uh, the total opposite of redressed.)

When it comes to redressing dolls like this, I work with what I have. My extra doll clothes consist of stuff I took off of dolls because I bought them better clothes (so my selection is not too great), or the occasional really cool piece that I just can't find anyone suited for. My boyfriend's reaction to her outfit was "What is she, some sort of punk-rock schoolgirl scientist?" Lmao.
Pretty much though. When I was digging through my clothes I felt like these best fit her gnarly stompin'-boots (they actually make her a fair bit taller than Kelpie), and the jacket I threw on because why not, and Frankenstein n' science n' stuff.

Post Merge: February 01, 2018, 07:27:58 PM

Quick update just because I added a couple things to her outfit. ^^;
I pierced her ears and shoved earrings in them. I've done this before to many dolls but none of them have ever resisted it as much as she did, she nearly broke the earrings, even after heating her head up. :annoyed:

Overall I'm pretty happy with how she looks.
I always get this feeling of accomplishment when I overhaul a doll's look from something very simple and somewhat ugly to something I really like- mixing and matching outfits is pretty fun. Next thing I'll do with her is paint the details on her boots, but they're so small and I'm so not feeling like doing that right now, so that's for another night. xD

Tomorrow I will be dyeing a BJD so I may have more photos to post after that!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:27:58 PM by Esbayne »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 03:06:58 AM »
Great job on those stitches!!! She looks much better after 'upgrade'. Looking forward to your BJD pics!

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 07:31:47 PM »
Thank you so much!!

I finally got the BJD that is supposed to be a Draenei dyed!
She is a WIP and still needs head tendrils, hair, a tail, and a face.

She is my character in WoW, and is quite the adventurer. I spend a TON of time with her just exploring. So I find it kind of neat that her IRL self got to do a bit of adventuring today, herself.

Photos of just the scenery for funsies:

I also made a video on the car ride back of her eyes glowing in the dark, but there are streetlamps here and there so it shows the transition from light to dark and how her eyes look when they glow. I felt like it was a good opportunity to catch a good snippet of what her eyes look like when they glow, and how well they glow in the dark/anywhere even slightly dim.
However I can't post it yet because I'm not sure how to add things into videos/crop videos for a censor, unfortunately you can see her nipples which isn't allowed. I may try to figure out some other way to show it. Tonight I'm going to be playing with my airbrush on paper to get some makeup ideas for her! I have her eyeliner/lips/blushing colors planned out but not any sort of eyeshadow.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 07:07:28 AM »
Those are amazing photos, Esbayne! Really beautiful. Can't wait to see her finished!

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 05:44:42 AM »
Those are amazing photos, Esbayne! Really beautiful. Can't wait to see her finished!

<3 thank you so much!
We had a lot of fun up there in the mountains.
My boyfriend is always so amused when I bring dolls for photos or whatever reason.
Also loved the scenery.
That's pretty much what it looks like wherever you go here (Idaho, North West area- so mountainous!) but I do really love it. I LOVE forest areas- The simplest of animals blow my mind to see everytime. (I just reallllllyyy love animals and am so easily excited) I got so excited over deer we saw and woodpeckers I heard- and up the side of this huge hill we climbed in the photos, there were tiny hoof tracks everywhere, followed by big wolf tracks and HUGE four toed tracks the size of my freaking face. We got home and I was looking up wolf vs big kitty tracks to see which it was closest to- I kind of assumed it was some sort of big alpha wolf because of the paw shape.
NOPE
COUGAR
And I freaked when I read that. I saw wild big cat tracks in person!!! <3

I did paint my girlie's face. I've been getting in contact with a couple doll/clothes artists to see if I can get a tail/outfit for her, and I bought her a wig last night.
Worse comes to worse, I could sculpt her a tail or buy her a simpler outfit.
I found a freaking stunning fantasy type looking dark blue & silver dress, unfortunately it was like... 3x her size. We shall see what happens for her!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:56:30 AM by Esbayne »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »
She looks great! I hope you'll find her a nice new dress soon!

Part of my family lives in a mountain town in Slovakia, so I have a huge soft spot for mountains and forests. Congrats on cougar tracks! Biggest feline we have is lynx. I wish I could pet a cougar (however, I have a feeling that it might get dangerous)! We do have a freaking lot of bears, though.

Offline NinaMarie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy page
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 11:09:02 AM »
I LOVE that you have a physical version of your Draenei! (As a more fantasy loving person myself I stuck to the Horde and my Draenei girl was my only Alliance. Love that race.) She is looking fantastic! Congrats on the successful dye job!

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
She looks great! I hope you'll find her a nice new dress soon!

Part of my family lives in a mountain town in Slovakia, so I have a huge soft spot for mountains and forests. Congrats on cougar tracks! Biggest feline we have is lynx. I wish I could pet a cougar (however, I have a feeling that it might get dangerous)! We do have a freaking lot of bears, though.

Thank you! <3
I absolutely love lynx! I am kind of a crazy cat lady for all cats though, really. xD I have the same dream. :O To someday pet a big cat. It's probably kind of a... dying wish. Ba-dum-tshhh lmao. 'Cause there's a chance it'd get me killed but... worth it. >.>

I LOVE that you have a physical version of your Draenei! (As a more fantasy loving person myself I stuck to the Horde and my Draenei girl was my only Alliance. Love that race.) She is looking fantastic! Congrats on the successful dye job!

Thank you so much! <3
From the second I started WoW the Draenei were my faves, I did test runs on all the other races and really like a lot of them but the Draenei are my faves and my character is probably my favourite character from any game. <3 That says a lot I guess, cause I get pretty attached to my Elder Scrolls characters lol. I think my 2nd fave is Night Elves, they're so pretty. I have kind of a bit of a headcanon that my Draenei character is half-Night Elf on her father's side.
Fantasy is my favourite as well, and the more exotic/fantastic it is the better!

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 02:49:17 AM »
It snowed here again bizarrely enough! It was starting to turn to Spring, thought we were done with this. xD

So my Draenei got her tendrils tonight! Figured I'd show a few other photos of her.
We leave for Kentucky tomorrow (for a week) and she'll be coming with. I was hoping I would have her wig/clothes by now but naah. xD They're coming though! I found both for her, and she also has a wig cap and a set of spare strings that will actually be here tomorrow. They'll probably be here by the time we get back.

These ones are more crappy than usual because it was snowing and the more I zoom, the crappier it gets. Unfortunately the snow looked too bad to not zoom- our kitty went absolutely nuts outside and ruined all the fresh snow. xD

I figured I'd also show her WoW counterpart. She's not EXACT but as close as I can get her, in-game. Her doll-self is closer to how I imagine her.

Finally, here is her with the head tendrils and her tail.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:56:42 AM by Esbayne »

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 03:39:36 AM »
I think the turquoise parts work really well on her. You can add a touch of blue acrylic pain on the ends to make them match her skintone. I especially love the photo where she's chilling out with the kitty <3