collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Hello from Scandinavia!  (Read 685 times)

Offline eahseamstress

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Vampire Slayer
    • View Profile
Hello from Scandinavia!
« on: December 11, 2017, 09:03:16 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new! Ok, not so new- I've been lurking around for 2+ years.

One reason I love dolls is that they provide so much to do. I totally love sewing for dolls! I've made some furniture, too, and my long term dream is to make a huge house for my dolls! With dolls, the possibilities are endless and I can't imagine getting tired of them. They're more than just dolls, they're little creatures from a secret world! I'm sure you all agree.  :inlove:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:26:27 PM by eahseamstress »

Offline Sarkans

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Scandinavia!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 05:33:41 PM »
Tervetuloa!  :)  :blush:
Welcome to the Arena! It's a great community to be in.
Can totally feel you on the doll prices, they're over the edge outside of USA. Have you maybe tried purchasing second hand dolls?
Oh, and by the way, who are your favorite characters?

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:25:48 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, eahseamstress. ( ^ ω ^ )

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! Yay! Someone else who sews and makes furniture for their dolls! What kind of furniture do you make? And what do you make it from? We'd love to see pictures! :biggrin:

Offline eahseamstress

• Vampire Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 11:18:40 PM »
Thanks everyone!  :)

Sarkans, yes, I've looked at second hand dolls, but haven't seen any for under 100 yet! Which is probably to be expected for dolls like Fashion Royalty or Pullip (those two look funny in the same sentence...). Oh well!

I don't really have favourite characters, as it keeps changing all the time, and the same goes for the dolls themselves! Sometimes I don't even like a character but the dolls are great, or the other way around. But some of my favourites are Cerise, Ashlynn, Cedar, Holly and their dolls, and then there's Apple, Briar and Blondie whose dolls I like a lot but they're not my favourite characters. I'm mixed on Maddie. She's great in the series but I'm not sure about her dolls. Legacy Day Maddie is one of the most wonderful EAH dolls, though!

Respositob, I normally use what I can find at home or something I've kept because it looks like something the dolls would like! Like this chocolate box with compartments that I recently got- I'll make it into a book case at some point. I've made a couple of sofas using cardboard and whatever filling I've found around- and of course fabric! I don't plan so much before I get to work, I prefer to just go where the project is taking me, and I get a lot of joy from finding something suitable by accident!