collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 79
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

November 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Bags with dolls vs. little cat. What to do? Attention: venting and gross stuff.  (Read 270 times)

Offline Sarkans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
Hello everyone.
I've figured the topic belongs here because it's surely not for everyone passing by to see. :blush:

Probably, you've guessed what the topic is about just by the title, it's no rocket science... My room space has been shrinking and doll stands become scarce so I had put some of my dolls into small plastic bags and onto the floor in a quiet corner.... um, you know what's next, my cat peed there right on the bags :blush: :blush: I'm so sorry if this grossed you out, guys. :sad:
Can't throw the affected dolls in the trash at all, because love them and on top of everything they are rather rare (Sig Catty, GB Frankie, FdC Toralei, Lorna, Sirena, etc...) so now there's a lot of work to remove the stink of cat urine.
Tried:
- washing Frankie's hair with nicely smelling soap, then dousing with a heavy perfume, then soaking in a fabric conditioner. Now, part of her hair smells like perfume - unpleasant anyway - and another part like cat pee, ew.
- washing Toralei's hair with the same soap then soaking her in the conditioner for about twenty hours. She was less affected so she just smells weirdly... at least the smell is slight and undeterminable. Anyway, want it gone completely! :argh:
- washing Catty's hair with another soap - admit I wasn't as thorough as I should be - and soaking her in the conditioner for full 24 hours. The smell stayed nearly the same. Also, Catty's little purple earrings got lost somehow and I'm just totally frustrated and annoyed, Iooking for them in super early morning :cry:

Do you know any tips how to removed the smell?
Sorry if I wrote or otherwise did something wrong, I'm really sleepy. :sad:

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creeperific
  • Gallifrey Falls No More
    • View Profile
There are several enzyme-based cleaners for removing animal urine. Nature's Miracle is a good one, but any of them would be worth trying. If you have a pet supply store nearby, see what they recommend- otherwise, the pet department in most stores should have something.
just visiting this planet!
(Phl. 3:20)
>^..^<

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creeperific
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
always put earrings in tiny plastic bags.. please. I did this with all my dolls and I don't really mind if they're missing temporarily just another less thing to keep track of lol. poor catty.. her hair is one of the main struggles to fix especially if it's glue seepage. Better to have it like perfume I guess.. yeah pets are never good around dogs lol. my dog almost chewed off cupid's left arm D: I suggest keeping them in storage bins or in drawers. My dog hasn't went in those once.
ISO Cupid and Holt’s rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
I second the enzyme based cleaners. My cat peed everywhere when he got older, so we regularly used it on our carpets and it worked pretty well, though I can't say how well it'll work on dolls. I have my fingers crossed for you though!

Also seconding the storage bins. The storage bins with drawers are what I use usually, and you can find them super cheap at secondhand stores.

Third thing, for helping prevent future issues--honestly not sure if this would work with a cat but maybe?--with my dog she always used to chew up my stuffed animals, but after she found that it was ok if she chewed stuffed animals left for her outside my room, but that we repeatedly punished her when she went in my room and did it, she started avoiding my room. Even now that I've switched places with someone else in the house, she still avoids that specific room. So I dunno if you're willing to not have the cat in that room at all, but like squirting the cat with a little water or something every time you see her in there around the dolls or something could deter her from getting in there to even be in an area where she could damage them.

(But really the storage totes are easier probably  ^^;)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Haha, the 'venting and gross stuff' title made me want to check it out! It was much less gross than I was expecting. However - VERY sorry about your dolls! Yes, so disappointing!

We've used the Nature's Miracle enzyme cleaner on carpets/rugs, works great. Not had to use it on dolls at all - so maybe try it on ONE doll to see how things go. The product isn't cheap, but it's designed to eliminate odors from pee/poop and other bodily products. Good luck!

I'm also curious why the cat would pee ON your dolls? Is your cat jealous of the attention you give to the dolls? Does the cat pee anywhere else around the house, or is this an isolated incident? Animals use their pee/poop to communicate. So that's something else to consider.

I'd put dolls in a sealable plastic tote that if the cat peed on or toward it (remember that cats can 'spray' or mark with their pee), there's no cracks for the pee to get through.
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear that! >_<; My cat decided to cough up a hairball on top of one of my (thankfully still boxed) doll sets. Had to toss the packaging. XP

For an enzyme killer, I like white vinegar. It’s a natural acid, and pretty harmless to dolls. It’s also what many pet owners use to clean dog/cat urine from carpet, because it kills the enzymes that animals sniff out to determine what they’ve “marked”.

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
Seconding trying out white vinegar first.

Offline airiel

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
This stuff works wonders on cat pee. Just make sure to spot test since it has peroxide and might bleach some of the more delicate fabrics and items.

https://www.target.com/p/woolite-174-carpet-pet-stain-odor-oxy/-/A-51676841#lnk=sametab

Good luck!

Airiel

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
For an enzyme killer, I like white vinegar. It’s a natural acid, and pretty harmless to dolls. It’s also what many pet owners use to clean dog/cat urine from carpet, because it kills the enzymes that animals sniff out to determine what they’ve “marked”.

Nemesis, is there anything white vinegar CAN'T do?! lol

I use it for just about everything.  :biggrin:
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
My pupper used to have a bad habit of going after my Alpacasso and dolls. And of ALL the dolls she could have chewed up, she massacred my Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia. :'( I did get a replacement eventually, and it's hard to stay mad at my doggo. XD

Offline respositob

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
Seconding white vinegar and storage bins. But I'm mainly here to offer emotional support.

My old dog Boomer, who, cute as he was, turned out to be such an aggressive and defiant dog that we had to give him away (don't worry, he went to a good home with a woman who didn't have children and was very good at training dogs that misbehaved), chewed up my Basic Deuce Gorgon's arms. Like three days after I got him. :mad: I left Deuce on the dining room table overnight and the next morning he was on the floor with bite marks in his arms. :annoyed: I get your frustration.

Best of luck ridding your dolls of the awful pee smell! :)

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Creeperific
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
My pupper used to have a bad habit of going after my Alpacasso and dolls. And of ALL the dolls she could have chewed up, she massacred my Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia. :'( I did get a replacement eventually, and it's hard to stay mad at my doggo. XD
Aww! My bulldog chewed my doll flower crowns >:( I took this as a warning and hid my cupids and dawn draculauras ^^"
ISO Cupid and Holt’s rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
I'm guessing you're cat just did what regular cats do (mark territory),  so there can't be much punishment to do (ok, you can spay or neuter the kitty, but that doesn't guarantee they'll stop, as they might still do it out of habit).
Before using the vinegar or the Nature's Miracle enzyme cleaner, make sure to do a spot test. Just go avoid discoloration. Both work well.
Good luck! And if possible, share us updates on your de-peeing quest.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr