* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

March 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Doll bangs and how to remove them?  (Read 241 times)

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
Doll bangs and how to remove them?
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:30:21 AM »
I've wanted to make this thread for a long time. You see, some monster high dolls have bangs which is fine. But sometimes when they get ruined or they split it turns into a nightmare to fix. Take cupid's 1600 release for example, her bangs are horrid to fix once ruined. Twyla's bangs can get pretty bad too which is the only reason I didn't buy her. I don't like the bangs too much on catty because they don't stay in place very well and you need to have some luck with no seepage unlike me.. I saw an image online of a Twyla with a really pretty blowout style and she didn't look rerooted at all. She didn't have her bangs either. I'd like to know if anyone has remove doll bangs before making it still look nice? I'm planning to do this on Cupid or possibly 13 wishes howleen.
ISO Cupid and Holt’s rings.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
Re: Doll bangs and how to remove them?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:03:37 AM »
I haven't, so I can't help with removing, but I got tips for fixing bangs, which is not hard. You just need small rubber bands.

After washed, and while still wet, give them a bit of form with your fingers, then set them with rubber bands. You can put one in the middle and one in the tips

Let the hair dry
Remove the rubber band

I've fix Cupid, Clawdeen and EAH Blondie like this.
It also works with side bangs.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Doll bangs and how to remove them?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »
You can remove and re-root bangs fairly easily.  Simply pull out the bangs using a pair of tweezers or needle-nose pliers, re-root with longer hair, and—if you're using the tool method—glue as usual.  Then you can thatch the hair to match the doll's part line, and it's like she never had bangs to begin with. :)