collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Why hello there!  (Read 883 times)

Offline FrostedDolls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
Why hello there!
« on: November 26, 2017, 05:41:32 AM »
Hi everyone! My name is Rosanne and I'm from Canada.  I've loved MH dolls since they came out, but because I'm...ahem...a grown ass woman, I never felt it was appropriate for me to buy any. :blush: How silly! Anyway, life always happens and you move on.

It's only recently that I became interested in these dolls again...I'm an artist actually (tattoo, drawing, portraiture, sculpting, costuming etc), so my interest was peaked when I saw what people were doing with them. Repaint a doll? What a concept!! :P I love seeing what others are doing, and I'm anxious to try my own repaint (in the middle of a kitchen reno, so that's gonna have to wait).

I have sewn a few new outfits, which was super fun and very relaxing.  I forgot how much I love sewing doll clothes - I used to make all my doll clothes as a child.  My favorite doll is Clawdeen, because I love werewolves and I just think she has such a pretty face!  I'm really excited to see what everyone is up to, and to maybe share my own creations at some point!

Offline SweetScreams

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
Re: Why hello there!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:09:32 AM »
Welcome to the MHArena Roseanne! :-)

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 05:10:20 PM »
Welcome Rosanne!

I'd love to see your handmade clothes.  I'm so glad that there are now lots of patterns for them, although I've made some freehand too (not very good though). 

No shame in being a grown-up doll collector! :)
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Werecat13

• Stiff
  • Hello everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:12:18 PM »
Hey Roseanne! Wow, Im glad I am not the only grown ass woman here who loves MH! I would love to see your creations anytime! Clawdeen is also one of my favorites!! Say hello sometime :)

Offline FrostedDolls

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »
Welcome Rosanne!

I'd love to see your handmade clothes.  I'm so glad that there are now lots of patterns for them, although I've made some freehand too (not very good though). 

No shame in being a grown-up doll collector! :)

At this point, I do not use patterns...I freehand and go by eye...but that's sort of always how I have done it.  I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Post Merge: November 27, 2017, 12:46:15 PM

Hey Roseanne! Wow, Im glad I am not the only grown ass woman here who loves MH! I would love to see your creations anytime! Clawdeen is also one of my favorites!! Say hello sometime :)

I am looking forward to sharing some of my creations soon.  It's been hectic with the kitchen reno.  Can't wait to be able to just organize my stuff and start really creating!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, FrostedDolls. ( ^ ω ^ )