collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Rebodied MH Siblings?  (Read 989 times)

Offline Mia_darling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
Rebodied MH Siblings?
« on: November 17, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »
I tried searching everywhere and I can't find any information! Has anyone seen the newer little siblings rebodied on anything?? I want to buy them because I like to have one of each character, but those comically large extremities and non-articulated bodies are so terrible😭😭😭

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Rebodied MH Siblings?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »
I haven't completed the project yet, but the heads can be comfortably rebodied on Enchantimals bodies, which have slightly more articulation.  I'm redoing Fangelica and will be doing more radical work than just headswapping, since I will also be attaching the hands and feet of her original body to the Enchantimal body.  But the scales of the bodies are very close, and the head joints are almost identical.
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »
I haven't completed the project yet, but the heads can be comfortably rebodied on Enchantimals bodies, which have slightly more articulation.  I'm redoing Fangelica and will be doing more radical work than just headswapping, since I will also be attaching the hands and feet of her original body to the Enchantimal body.  But the scales of the bodies are very close, and the head joints are almost identical.

Well, Kara, I am looking forward to THAT mod!! Please do WIP pics!!!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 10:48:08 AM »

Well, Kara, I am looking forward to THAT mod!! Please do WIP pics!!!

x2
I had 0 interest in any of the siblings due to the lack of articulation, though I initially liked Kelpie but was disappointed by her non articulate body. The only enchantimals I've seen with more articulations are the ones that come with bikes. Are that the ones you are referring to?
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:13 PM »
Yes, I'm rebodying Fangelica on the Enchantimal turtle girl who came with a bike, so she has knee joints (I will be repainting the body).  However, even the standard Enchantimals have ball jointed shoulders, making them more expressive and articulated than the MH little siblings.

I don't have any progress pictures because all of the limbs are currently hacked apart, and poor Fangelica looks more like a murder scene than a doll project :biggrin:

So far the only issue I've come up against is that the Enchantimals have molded-on shirts, and when I sanded that down, I discovered that they have incredibly thin plastic walls on the body trunk.  So a bit of reinforcement is needed after sanding the body down.  If I were to do this again, I'd think of a different way to get rid of that shirt molding.

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 11:06:49 AM »
I'm thinking the siblings might be well proportioned to some of the Azone/Obitsu bidies, but dying/painting of the bodies would be required of course. I really want a rebodied Kelpie myself though  ^^;

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 01:27:39 PM »
I haven't had any experience with Azone/Obitsu (at least, not since about 2004), and would love to hear from someone who has used them for rebodying!

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 03:20:45 PM »
Aren't Kelpie and Avivia about equestria girls size? That mught be another option for the others too

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 05:55:23 PM »
Yes, I'm rebodying Fangelica on the Enchantimal turtle girl who came with a bike, so she has knee joints (I will be repainting the body).  However, even the standard Enchantimals have ball jointed shoulders, making them more expressive and articulated than the MH little siblings.

I don't have any progress pictures because all of the limbs are currently hacked apart, and poor Fangelica looks more like a murder scene than a doll project :biggrin:

So far the only issue I've come up against is that the Enchantimals have molded-on shirts, and when I sanded that down, I discovered that they have incredibly thin plastic walls on the body trunk.  So a bit of reinforcement is needed after sanding the body down.  If I were to do this again, I'd think of a different way to get rid of that shirt molding.
I wonder if there is something you could apply to the body to thicken and strengthen the walls.  Like maybe Sculpey, or Plastic pellets?  I've heard of people using plastic pellets to make accessories.  Just a thought :)
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 07:47:16 PM »
Iíve reinforced them with zap-a-gap, and itís worked great! :)

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 04:49:50 PM »
Aren't Kelpie and Avivia about equestria girls size? That mught be another option for the others too
Hadn't consider that! And from what I recall equestrian also has a more articulated line though I'm not that familiar with. Do they have hip, knee, elbow and shoulder articulations?
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »
There are several different Equestria Girl lines with varying levels of articulation.  There are some that have all of the articulation you described (their heads only swivel though, no tilt). The proportions arenít quite right for Kelpie, who also has all that additional sculpting, but there is a chance they could be useful for creating a hybrid modification.

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 12:31:35 PM »

What's that?

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 08:26:45 AM »

What's that?

Zap-a-gap is a hobby cyanoacrylate glue (a superglue, basically) that is used in model building a lot, not just as an adhesive, but as a way to fill gaps in a sculpt (hence the name).  Zap-a-gap can be coated on something, or poured into a hole left by an air bubble, and then sprayed with a chemical accelerator to instantly set it.  It's helpful when you're assembling a model and pieces don't quite fit and you need some filler material that can be carved and sanded after setting.  When I was working in a toy modelmaking shop, and we made resin castings of the original clay sculptures, sometimes the castings would have air bubble holes or other flaws, and we would use zap-a-gap to fill them and fix the flaws rather than try to cast a perfect resin copy every time.

Just another tool in the ol' craft toolbelt.

Offline Mia_darling

• Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 06:39:59 AM »
I don't have the siblings yet but if Kelpie and Alivia are the same size as the new Howleen and she's close in size to the old Howleen, perhaps Kelpie could fit on a Twyla body? I don't know if it's all reboot Twyla or just electrified, but Kelpies head looks like maybe it would be close to electrified Twyla's color? And Alivia looks close to maybe Lorna? Thought he body sculpt would be an issue.

That's only if they are already little sister sized or close as evidenced by a new Howleen.

As for the others- Ebbie, Pharrah, Pawla, and Fangelica- I was thinking, though they aren't articulated, I wonder if they'd fit the bodies of the  EAH forest pixies? If so, some toning may have to be done but they already came in blue, pink, and brown bodies!

But I still wouldn't know what to do with poor Lux. And Sandy and Weredith and Packlyn are just plain odd to me :/

Offline RevengeSeeker

• Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »
When do we get to see pics? Hehe

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 05:47:50 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wow, thanks Kara! I imagine it's another thing requiring respirator-wearing?

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 07:46:29 AM »
You don't have to, but I would advise spraying zip kicker in an open area.  The smell disperses pretty quickly but it is a bad smell.