collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: New dolls! Ballet Ghouls and Transforming Ghouls revealed  (Read 3169 times)

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
Re: New dolls! Ballet Ghouls and Transforming Ghouls revealed
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 05:25:20 AM »
I love the mini petas an want each and every one of them, I'm glad they're not blind and you can get whoever you want! Hopefully they'll do the others too! (Or at least Perseus, Shiver, Rhuen, Sir-Hoots-a-lot and... uh.... Venus' plant whose name escapes me at the moment. )

Chewlian.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 06:35:02 AM »
Those are not ballet shoes  :annoyed:

Take that weird piece for Clawdeen, repaint it, and it could be used as a backpiece for a Thronecoming getup for Cerise. Clawdeen looks so childish with her eyes and her hair like that ...

That is an excellent idea!

Offline astranova

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 08:34:17 AM »
I think that Transforming Ghouls 2.0 are better than first Draculaura doll. Ballet Ghouls is fine too. Better than first reboot dolls.

Offline WinterwolfR

• Fashion Pack
  • I love purple!
    • View Profile
    • LnRworks shop
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 08:56:53 AM »
Even though I like wolves I don't usually like clawdeen's dolls to much but this one is actually kinda cute :) I may get her. The other ones seem very un-monster like to me so I don't know about them...
At LnRworks I sell doll clothes, dolls, earrings, baby clothes and tote bags. Plus shipping for doll clothes and earrings start at $2.50! https://www.storenvy.com/stores/736707-lnrworks

Offline bewilderness

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Ponies and Monsters, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Camp Crafty
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
I might get the Cleo doll.  I like the accessories she comes with.  The minis with pets are cute but I don't collect the minis.  The only other thing I want is Clawdeen's shoes, but unless I can find her cheap on clearance I'll have to pass.  I'm not a fan at all of painted-on clothes. :/
Pony patches and MH & EAH sewing patterns on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiddendoors
Blog: https://campcrafty.wordpress.com

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 10:30:10 AM »
First of all, why would the ghouls go ballet? It just doesn't make sense. Those are definitely not ballet shoes either ! Molded tights, excessively plastic accessories, and why would zombie Moanica be into ballet anyway?! I don't see Cleo ballet dancing either. They can barely justified Draculaura.. she probably got bored of who knows what century and decided to do something with her life other than study high school over and over again, but still not much sense.
But of course shame on me because I want Moanica  :redface: even though her tutu is such a fiasco, her tights are molded, her accessories are so much plastic, her shoes are clearly not ballerina shoes and her ballerina shoes have spikes. Yes, I feel like such a low hypocrite right now, so please don't look at me  ^^;
Good thing Requiem made a ballerina pattern that includes shoes, so I might give it a go someday

The gimmicks on Draculaura and Clawdeen are a pass for me. I just can't get interested in this type of gimmicks as they seem to barbie-ish for me. It's not like an Astranova floating station or Frankie's recharging station which I enjoy and are not barbie-ish at all  :facepalm: :nuts: :rolleyes:

As for the minis I'm still waiting to see if there's a way to get Avea and Ghoulia here, so I don't want to even see them, because if I end up liking one, it will just prolong the suffering.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Online Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 02:58:56 PM »
I'm confused why they did the shoes that way. Lagoona's dance class doll was ballet and she definitely didn't have those Tim Burton bedposts for shoes.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 04:35:25 PM »
First of all, why would the ghouls go ballet? It just doesn't make sense. Those are definitely not ballet shoes either ! Molded tights, excessively plastic accessories, and why would zombie Moanica be into ballet anyway?! I don't see Cleo ballet dancing either. They can barely justified Draculaura.. she probably got bored of who knows what century and decided to do something with her life other than study high school over and over again, but still not much sense.
But of course shame on me because I want Moanica  :redface: even though her tutu is such a fiasco, her tights are molded, her accessories are so much plastic, her shoes are clearly not ballerina shoes and her ballerina shoes have spikes. Yes, I feel like such a low hypocrite right now, so please don't look at me  ^^;
Good thing Requiem made a ballerina pattern that includes shoes, so I might give it a go someday

It's rare but it is possible for a high school to have a ballet class as a physical education option.

The shoes might not be accurate for ballet but they remind me of something on those Russian artist BJDs or in a Lady Gaga video. Tbh they are really avant garde in a way that's reminiscent of pre-reboot MH.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline FangedPisces

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 06:52:57 PM »

Take that weird piece for Clawdeen, repaint it, and it could be used as a backpiece for a Thronecoming getup for Cerise. Clawdeen looks so childish with her eyes and her hair like that ...

That's what I really dislike about the reboot. They all look immature at best, void of all cerebral activity at worst. Their expressions are perpetually saying "...hu?" or "... lookit the purty lights..."
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Beast Friends
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 07:56:58 PM »
Ooh... I definitely want Moanica. *_* And Clawdeen is going to be a must-have for me! She reminds me of the Ghouls Rule dolls a little bit, with all the emphasis on her monster “scaritage”. X3 Cleo is cute, too... it’s nice to see mummy wrappings that aren’t the same color as her skin.

Both Lalas are kind of... average. I feel like she’s been getting the weakest releases since the reboot (with the notable exception of her Party Hair doll). She’s almost always wearing a modern-ish looking, hot pink and black dress with a generic “spooky” print. It seems like they’ve completely ditched the goth-loli-esque style she started out with... or at least REALLY watered it down. :(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:00:33 PM by Nemesis »

Offline nassib

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »

That's what I really dislike about the reboot. They all look immature at best, void of all cerebral activity at worst. Their expressions are perpetually saying "...hu?" or "... lookit the purty lights..."

Vapid
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Carrehz

• Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:40 AM »

Vapid

Yessss!! This is what bothers me so much about G2.. one of the things I love best about G1 is that they don't look blank and stare-y, and they all look different.. even the dolls that do share headmolds (i.e. Catty/Toralei, Cupid/Ghoulia) look different from each other. Now they all have the same face, and it's a blank, vapid face to boot. :( It's just disappointing.

Offline RodimusKnight

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
Just about the Ballet shoe thing. It looks like they were more interested in trying to mimic the appearance on doing on-point ballet shoes, without remolding the feet into that position, which when they remold the feet the tend to mold the shoes on those feet.

Mostly for me, I do like the outfits on them though. I'm a little disturbed by the molded tights on Cleo just because it's on her usual molded wraps. It looks weird.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
Tbh, other than the molded tights and new faces, the ballet dolls remind me of something we would see during G1.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »
Yup, Clawdeen and Crescent are included as well:

Offline Carrehz

• Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 06:28:12 AM »
Yup, Clawdeen and Crescent are included as well:

YES!!! aaa they're so cute!!

I wonder how much it'll cost me to import these, lol.

Offline nassib

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2017, 04:27:08 AM »
Tbh, other than the molded tights and new faces, the ballet dolls remind me of something we would see during G1.

Lagoona Dance Class probably

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 10:27:04 AM »

It's rare but it is possible for a high school to have a ballet class as a physical education option.

The shoes might not be accurate for ballet but they remind me of something on those Russian artist BJDs or in a Lady Gaga video. Tbh they are really avant garde in a way that's reminiscent of pre-reboot MH.
I really do like the look of them.. I mean.. im not sure what there is to dislike.
Lots of acessories?
lots of articulation?
(if i am not mistaken these even have waist articulation ala special edition lala)
They are even going to have stands and brushes.
I think they will be a really nice addition. (Just put monica up to order for crying out loud!)
As for moanica not being into it.. well we have really only seen ONE side of her personality. I like that she might be more diverse.
I mean she really does care about her zomboys(remember the "no im not mad at you any more, your still my zomboyz" from electrified?).
I think its cool to include her.. and COME ON.. its a CROWN made out of INTERNAL ORGANS whats not to like!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:29:19 AM by roseprincess1 »

Offline Pawsome

• Home Ick
  • Ex-lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2017, 06:38:54 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I really do like the look of them.. I mean.. im not sure what there is to dislike.
Lots of acessories?
lots of articulation?
(if i am not mistaken these even have waist articulation ala special edition lala)
I think they will be a really nice addition. (Just put monica up to order for crying out loud!)
As for moanica not being into it.. well we have really only seen ONE side of her personality. I like that she might be more diverse.
I mean she really does care about her zomboys(remember the "no im not mad at you any more, your still my zomboyz" from electrified?).
I think its cool to include her.. and COME ON.. its a CROWN made out of INTERNAL ORGANS whats not to like!

This. This is the kind of positivity I want to hear. Just because it's post-reboot doesn't mean it sucks. This Ballet line is going to be fantastic; I will be hunting down Moanica as soon as she comes out!  :biggrin:
Instagram: bobbyhashobby

Offline nassib

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »

Lots of acessories?
lots of articulation?

Oh I am getting Moanica, I think the doll is gorgeous haha I just think that she shouldn't have been made a ballet dancer, but now that she is, I will totally get her LOL
She's sadly out of stock on amazon now. I didn't know they come with stands! And the painted legs are not that big of a problem as the daughter who saws sells beautiful stockings and as I said before, Requiem did a ballet pattern including shoes, so I might even get 2 Moanicas, so I can leave one as is and one with a different ballet wardrobe

Nassib09, on Flickr