collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Doll Collector Stand-Up Comedy  (Read 415 times)

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
Doll Collector Stand-Up Comedy
« on: October 30, 2017, 05:59:17 PM »
Why the heck isn't there a stand-up comedian just for the doll collector community? I think it would be hilarious. They could joke about all sorts of things- box hair, head tags, Mattel, articulation, glue head, the mrketplace... they could be gimmick characters, like "Intern at Mattel" or "Doll Designer who designed (some line)" or "(Ghoul character) doll" so much material there.

Post a few jokes in a doll collector comedy routine, please. I don't care if you don't think your jokes are funny; someone will find them funny.

"I got Black Carpet Cleo today. ...Yeah. She came with a stand. Y'know. And a hairbrush. I know, thank god, right? That's just what I need, another hairbrush. Let's put that with the other seventy billion, right? What am I supposed to do with all these things? Use them as earrings? Melt them down and pave my driveway? ... I got some tack, wallpapered my bathroom with them? Great, used up about half my supply. ... You wanna know a cool trick for getting rid of all your doll hairbrushes? Watch this- get a doll, mess up her hair, and go "man, I really need to fix your hair" All your hairbrushes will disappear. Every single one. You won't see them for weeks. They hear that and scatter like cockroaches. "What's that? She needs a brush? Uh, sorry, man, I got this thing I need to be at, and uh- bye!"

"You wanna hear a funny joke? Reasonably priced HooDude Doll."

"Why do reboot Monster High dolls fail Speech class? 'Cause they lack articulation."
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
Re: Doll Collector Stand-Up Comedy
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:59:11 PM »
I wholeheartedly agree, and will share this gem of doll related humor with you: [Link removed for language.  ~SaelaVe]

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry about the language.  ^^; I hadn't seen the clip in a while and forgot that there was swearing.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:57:48 AM by writtenhuman »

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree, and will share this gem of doll related humor with you: [Link removed for language.  ~SaelaVe]

Poor Pat from Two Best Friends Play Louis CK. I f only he'd lived next door to one of us, we could have told him about eye putty and airbrushing and makeup or we could've directed him to a youtube video that would've helped him out. I'm picturing someone from the MHArena going "Oh, just give it here" and returning in ten minutes like "Here, jeez" and he's like "What the- how did you do that?!?"

(P.S Thank you for replying; I'm really not sure why this topic isn't taking off. Is it offensive in some way?)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:38:02 PM by Melissa »
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 10:38:41 AM »
You wanna know a cool trick for getting rid of all your doll hairbrushes? Watch this- get a doll, mess up her hair, and go "man, I really need to fix your hair" All your hairbrushes will disappear. Every single one. You won't see them for weeks. They hear that and scatter like cockroaches. "What's that? She needs a brush? Uh, sorry, man, I got this thing I need to be at, and uh- bye!"

OMG!  :haha: :haha:

"Why do reboot Monster High dolls fail Speech class? 'Cause they lack articulation."[/i]

:clap:

It's a fun idea. Hope we have more jokes to share!
I know I came up with one or two over my collecting run, but can't remember them at the moment. Will totally share if I do.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 12:33:15 PM »
What do you call someone who sells spare doll parts? An arms dealer.

Funny things doll customisers say:
- "Could you get that bag of bodies out of the cupboard?"
- "I'll be there in a minute, I'm just decapitating a vampire!"
- "Hey, can you see a grey hand anywhere? I dropped it."

That's all I can come up with for the moment. Sorry they're not funnier.
Love the one about the reboot dolls lacking articulation :L

Offline catwater

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Call me Claire.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 11:50:30 PM »
Lmao personally I prefer doll collector memes over standup comedy. Here's a few gems

I will also say, being a doll customizer who is not very open about her hobbies and personal life, even with her friends, has made for some interesting interactions.
Once I forgot I was letting a recently decapitated faceup dry on my desk and my roommate noticed

RM: "Why is there a Barbie head on a pike?"
Me: "....."
Me: "She's there as a warning for the others"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:53:07 PM by catwater »
InstagramCustoms Thread ♦  EtsyTumblr!Flickr

Turquoise Overload by Claire Atwater, on Flickr