collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: So, I Ordered A Kiyomi Doll From Amazon, Received The Doll In A Foreign Language  (Read 510 times)

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
The seller didn't pre warn anyone about having a foreign diary or a foreign box for that matter so I'm a little irritated by that but now I can't even read her diary because I can't read the language.  I have no way of contacting the seller to let them know they should let people know ahead of time about that issue.
I also get annoyed when you order something on the American amazon and you don't see any advertisement from a seller for their location outside the US then you find out your item is coming from China or the UK and the wait time for your item will be a while.

The diary reads on the front like this:

dagboken tillhor:/ denne dagbog tillhorer: Taman paivakirjan omistaa:/ denne dagboken tilhorer:

MONSTER HIGH

Kiyomi Haunterly

then it continues from there the last paragraph is kind of long so I skipped it.

I went to the page that talks about their reviews and you can ask a question about the sale or talk about the item you received but it's mostly for returns and what not.  I wanted to tell the seller about the foreign item.
 It's not a huge deal I mostly skim through the diary but I still wanted to be able to read it at least.

Anyone know what language it's in?

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Google Translate suggests it might be Finnish.

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Google Translate suggests it might be Finnish.

Wow thanks.

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish/Danish.

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
Same thing happened to me last week...I don't care since the doll is for a custom.  I think Amazon got some unsold international shipments in their warehouses to clear out.
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Same thing happened to me last week...I don't care since the doll is for a cuI stom.  I think Amazon got some unsold international shipments in their warehouses to clear out.

I see that would make sense, I did have a thought that it might not have been done on purpose.
It was a third party seller through amazon so I thought maybe they didn't know it was a foreign doll.

Thanks to people who translated.

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
I'd be glad if I got a foreign language doll.
For trade: wonk eye Gigi first wave, catty noir first wave, viperine, geek howleen, orig howleen, MIB orig abbey, sdcc wisp missing earring stand and diary, first wave abbey everything ( broken knee ) but purse, 1600 clawd, first wave operetta ( different ring but everything included, Clawdia first wave.

WISHLIST <3: Fierce rockers catty, Mouscedes, werecat twins first wave, and 13 wishes howleen. Will use money or possibly trade, not looking for them in box since that will be even more expensive.

REASONABLE TRADE/BUY OFFERS ONLY.

Offline taffeta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
We get a lot of Scandinavian dolls as end of line here in the UK because of the EU. I guess they're around still. Also even the normal release in the UK tend to have English and other languages so not proper diaries. I don't actually care about the diaries as much as others do, maybe because of the fact they're often pretty bad here - but I actually find it interesting seeing how different languages do things ;)

Some of the EAH Scandinavian doll boxes are awkward though. Let's just say there's a word in I think it's Swedish that is a word which appears a lot on EAH boxes but really shouldn't be on boxes being sold in the UK...because in English it's not a polite word and definitely not one you'd want to see on a box for a toy aimed at girls...

Just saying ;)

I understand the frustration at not being able to read the diary. I don't understand the issue with a foreign box, but maybe I'm just used to that...
我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
I understand the frustration at not being able to read the diary. I don't understand the issue with a foreign box, but maybe I'm just used to that...

I think it's exciting! I've gotten a few of the generic "European" release dolls that had profiles in English, Spanish, French and (I think) German and it was really neat to look at the differences. Since I debox my dolls, the text on the boxes or diaries doesn't really make a difference to me.

Though, I have to admit, if I bought a doll from a particular release in a language that matched the doll, I might have a hard time deboxing just for that reason (eg: Marisol in Spanish, Kiyomi in Japanese, etc.)

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scary Cute
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I don't remember if I got my Kiyomi new or not, but I don't need the diaries; if I have it, are you interested in having or even trading it? Or are you fine with just reading the diary online?

Online Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA

Some of the EAH Scandinavian doll boxes are awkward though. Let's just say there's a word in I think it's Swedish that is a word which appears a lot on EAH boxes but really shouldn't be on boxes being sold in the UK...because in English it's not a polite word and definitely not one you'd want to see on a box for a toy aimed at girls...

Just saying ;)

I believe I know which word you mean. It means "The end". But yea it's awkward for english speaking folks.

If you guys need something translated from swedish, you can ask me. I am swedish so I wont have any issues translating things.
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
I don't remember if I got my Kiyomi new or not, but I don't need the diaries; if I have it, are you interested in having or even trading it? Or are you fine with just reading the diary online?

I'll just read the diary online if I want.  Thanks for the offer on the trade though.  I'll probably just keep it as something interesting, even if it's frustrating. :P  Sorry about that.  :lookround: