collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: So, I Ordered A Kiyomi Doll From Amazon, Received The Doll In A Foreign Language  (Read 601 times)

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
The seller didn't pre warn anyone about having a foreign diary or a foreign box for that matter so I'm a little irritated by that but now I can't even read her diary because I can't read the language.  I have no way of contacting the seller to let them know they should let people know ahead of time about that issue.
I also get annoyed when you order something on the American amazon and you don't see any advertisement from a seller for their location outside the US then you find out your item is coming from China or the UK and the wait time for your item will be a while.

The diary reads on the front like this:

dagboken tillhor:/ denne dagbog tillhorer: Taman paivakirjan omistaa:/ denne dagboken tilhorer:

MONSTER HIGH

Kiyomi Haunterly

then it continues from there the last paragraph is kind of long so I skipped it.

I went to the page that talks about their reviews and you can ask a question about the sale or talk about the item you received but it's mostly for returns and what not.  I wanted to tell the seller about the foreign item.
 It's not a huge deal I mostly skim through the diary but I still wanted to be able to read it at least.

Anyone know what language it's in?

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Google Translate suggests it might be Finnish.

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Google Translate suggests it might be Finnish.

Wow thanks.

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish/Danish.

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
Same thing happened to me last week...I don't care since the doll is for a custom.  I think Amazon got some unsold international shipments in their warehouses to clear out.
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Same thing happened to me last week...I don't care since the doll is for a cuI stom.  I think Amazon got some unsold international shipments in their warehouses to clear out.

I see that would make sense, I did have a thought that it might not have been done on purpose.
It was a third party seller through amazon so I thought maybe they didn't know it was a foreign doll.

Thanks to people who translated.

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
I'd be glad if I got a foreign language doll.
ISO Cupid and operetta's rings.

Offline taffeta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
We get a lot of Scandinavian dolls as end of line here in the UK because of the EU. I guess they're around still. Also even the normal release in the UK tend to have English and other languages so not proper diaries. I don't actually care about the diaries as much as others do, maybe because of the fact they're often pretty bad here - but I actually find it interesting seeing how different languages do things ;)

Some of the EAH Scandinavian doll boxes are awkward though. Let's just say there's a word in I think it's Swedish that is a word which appears a lot on EAH boxes but really shouldn't be on boxes being sold in the UK...because in English it's not a polite word and definitely not one you'd want to see on a box for a toy aimed at girls...

Just saying ;)

I understand the frustration at not being able to read the diary. I don't understand the issue with a foreign box, but maybe I'm just used to that...
我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
I understand the frustration at not being able to read the diary. I don't understand the issue with a foreign box, but maybe I'm just used to that...

I think it's exciting! I've gotten a few of the generic "European" release dolls that had profiles in English, Spanish, French and (I think) German and it was really neat to look at the differences. Since I debox my dolls, the text on the boxes or diaries doesn't really make a difference to me.

Though, I have to admit, if I bought a doll from a particular release in a language that matched the doll, I might have a hard time deboxing just for that reason (eg: Marisol in Spanish, Kiyomi in Japanese, etc.)

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scary Cute
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I don't remember if I got my Kiyomi new or not, but I don't need the diaries; if I have it, are you interested in having or even trading it? Or are you fine with just reading the diary online?

Online Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA

Some of the EAH Scandinavian doll boxes are awkward though. Let's just say there's a word in I think it's Swedish that is a word which appears a lot on EAH boxes but really shouldn't be on boxes being sold in the UK...because in English it's not a polite word and definitely not one you'd want to see on a box for a toy aimed at girls...

Just saying ;)

I believe I know which word you mean. It means "The end". But yea it's awkward for english speaking folks.

If you guys need something translated from swedish, you can ask me. I am swedish so I wont have any issues translating things.
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
I don't remember if I got my Kiyomi new or not, but I don't need the diaries; if I have it, are you interested in having or even trading it? Or are you fine with just reading the diary online?

I'll just read the diary online if I want.  Thanks for the offer on the trade though.  I'll probably just keep it as something interesting, even if it's frustrating. :P  Sorry about that.  :lookround: