collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Halloween  (Read 320 times)

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is me in all my .........errrrrrrr.....glory?
    • View Profile
    • Notrenlim Phoenix Tradition
Halloween
« on: October 18, 2017, 05:37:59 AM »
So who is doing what for Halloween?

We are hosting a Halloween party at our house. It is going to be so clawsome. I am busy making so many decorations. From giant spider to the floating candles in the Harry Potter great hall.

Also we are making our own costumes. Well when I say we, I mean hubby and I. He is going as a Genie and I am going as Cruella De Vil. My dress is almost finished. It is looking so fangtastic.

What are you dressing up as?
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:31:28 PM »
I'm trying to find the time to work in my costume. I've never been fond of the day of the dead celebration, but given the reboot, my little to none free time and combined with a bit of nostalgia y want to dress as Skelita and decorate my work place as something related. The rest of my work area needs to be decorated as a haunted movie theater so I need to go to the craft store yesterday hahaha
If I can't make the Skelita costume then I'll settle for an extra from the Bond : Specter movie. One of those from the day of the dead festival/parade that doesn't really exists but looked so good in the movie hahaha
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 03:22:11 PM »
Trying to redocorate my room since it looks like a bunch of empty acrylic paints and scattered dolls  ^^;
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:03:39 AM by modernmonsterhigh »
ISO Cupid and operetta's rings.

Offline nodesire

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 03:35:57 PM »
I plan on going as Mabel, since I'm already a brunette and one of my customers at work told me I should go as her. I bought the Mabel dress Hot Topic had along with one of the sweaters. I also bought the blue Ariel dress and the bow.

My neighborhood is super into Halloween. We have a haunted house, a house that gives out cotton candy and popcorn, and a ton of awesomely decorated houses. People come in go carts to trick-or-treat. Last year one of the guys in my group of friends went as Jack Skelington, on stilts! Everyone wanted to take pics! It felt like I was one of the handlers at Disneyland.

I've also been bringing in some of my dolls in to decorate my register. People (more of the women) really dig them.

Offline dragonlady

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 04:19:17 PM »
I have to work but am going to wear the Galaxy makeup to keep in the spirit (hopefully I get it right!). Then I'll be making popcorn hands for the trick or treaters (clear plastic gloves with candy corn for nails and filled with popcorn and adorned with plastic spider or bat rings) and unwrapping caramels for the caramel apples, yum!
Rock Lobstah!

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
Halloween isn't really a big deal here, so I've no plans at all. Some friends had a costume picnic earlier this month, but I was busy and couldn't make it. I haven't had a good Halloween dress-up in a while now, unfortunately. ^^;

We don't get trick or treaters, and none of our friends really do Halloween the way it's done elsewhere, so mostly I just enjoy the photos online from friends back in the US.

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is me in all my .........errrrrrrr.....glory?
    • View Profile
    • Notrenlim Phoenix Tradition
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 12:13:17 AM »
Halloween isn't really a big deal here, so I've no plans at all. Some friends had a costume picnic earlier this month, but I was busy and couldn't make it. I haven't had a good Halloween dress-up in a while now, unfortunately. ^^;

We don't get trick or treaters, and none of our friends really do Halloween the way it's done elsewhere, so mostly I just enjoy the photos online from friends back in the US.

Halloween isn't celebrated here in South Africa either. However We do and because of us our friends do and we have a kick ass party. Our street is even starting it's own trick or treat this year for the kids. My point is, if you want a Halloween party or day, then you have one, even if you are the only person doing it. Everything starts with one person.  ;)
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z

Offline Pawsome

• Wonky Eyes
  • Ex-lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 06:47:22 AM »
In my neighborhood, about half the houses decorate for Halloween (although a dozen are using those lame light projector things this year...), and one house is notorious for having elaborate, spooky mazes. We truly go all out here; people actually come out of their houses to celebrate. Seriously, the neighbors are never out except that night.  :shrug:

As for myself, I didn't decorate this year, but I will be dressing up and going out with my sister. :tackleglomp:
Instagram: bobbyhashobby

Offline SweetScreams

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 09:57:16 AM »
Halloween is a thing growing in sweden, so not many decorate their houses here. But I'm decorating lots at work (I'm a school librarian) and I'm also having a couple halloween quizzles with cool prizes for the teens, like 'Nightmare before christmas' figurines and scary books :-)

I was hoping top do a halloween murder mystery game at home with friends, but haven't had the time to plan anything, so maybe next year :-)