collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Newbie collector--excited to meet more MH fans!  (Read 660 times)

Offline sarahj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
Newbie collector--excited to meet more MH fans!
« on: September 24, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »
Hello! I'm Sarah.

Personal:

How old are you? 27

Where do you live? State, Country? Indianapolis, IN (US)

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? I'm a massage therapist. :)

Who are the important people in your life? My family, husband, and my spoiled rotten corgi

Dolls:

How long have you been collecting? Just within the past couple months -- I don't have very many dolls yet, just the cheerleader versions (the slimbox ones) of Draculaura, Frankie, Clawdeen, Lagoona, and Cleo.

What made you want to collect Monster High dolls? I've collected dolls on and off for most of my life, but always talked myself into getting rid of them because I felt like a weirdo... Finding a community of other collectors feels so validating! I also love the aesthetic of the Monster High universe. I've always had interests in gothic and supernatural things, and these are definitely the dolls I wish I had had growing up. But I think it's better to be a collector as an adult because I definitely wouldn't have been able to afford them as a kid. :P

Tell us about your collection!

Right now I just have the aforementioned Monster High dolls and a Snow White doll.

I love finding things to make into props and accessories. I hope to one day build a dollhouse or standalone rooms. I've been using a bookshelf for makeshift rooms--which works fine, but I'd like to create something more portable.

I would also love to learn how to make doll clothes, but I'm not sure if I would have the patience for it.

I also sometimes like to make things out of polymer clay, and I'm always looking for new ideas there.

Draculaura is my favorite of the ghouls. I would happily go in halvsies for two-packs that include a Draculaura that someone doesn't want.

The MH Ghoultalk podcast is what brought me here! I love the podcast. You all just seem so cool and smart and fun. :)

This seems like such an inclusive and open-minded community. I'm excited to meet you all!   

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie collector--excited to meet more MH fans!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:24:05 PM »
Welcome to MHArena! Hope your collection grows! I would love to see your clay creations :) I used to do that but I wasn't too good lol. If you would like to go halves I'm thinking of getting a two pack with moanica and draculaura but mostly for the moanica hehe. I think the pack's  going for $16-$18 so maybe you can pay $7-$8 for the draculaura?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:10:46 AM by modernmonsterhigh »
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 10:43:15 PM »
Welcome to Arena! We're happy to have you here  :hiya:

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, sarahj! ( ^ ω ^ )

You are not a weirdo at all for loving dolls.  You just have an uncommon hobby.  Same as us! :biggrin:
So welcome.  We are glad to have you here to share in this wonderful, uncommon, and immensely satisfying hobby with us. :hug:

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."