collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: It Movie, 2017 Who Has Seen it? Thoughts and Opinions *Spoilers Alert*  (Read 398 times)

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
I saw the movie today and I thought I was going to be disappointed but I really enjoyed it.  There were a lot of things that happened in the new movie that didn't happen in the old movie/tv mini series so you don't have to worry about knowing what happens next.  I was a little creeped out when one of the boys was in that room filled with clown statues.  I heard some reactions too from people in the theater when that scene occurred.

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: It Movie, 2017 Who Has Seen it? Thoughts and Opinions *Spoilers Alert*
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:52:27 AM »
Ok.. i just saw this last night mag. (putting my thoughts under spoiler just in case)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:03:58 AM »
One thing I wanted to know is in It's lair the floating kids were they dead?  I didn't know if they were like Beverly where they were sort of zoned out because of the dead lights and have been for a long time.
 I had a thought that even if Georgie was up there why didn't Bill at least wait for his body to come down so they could bury him properly.  Another thought which I think is the more obvious answer is that It ate him.  I wasn't actually expecting them showing It tearing Georgie's arm off but I was really impressed at that at the same time.  Sorry if that sounds gruesome.  I just mean they weren't afraid to go to that level.

Offline roseprincess1

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 07:29:29 AM »
One thing I wanted to know is in It's lair the floating kids were they dead?  I didn't know if they were like Beverly where they were sort of zoned out because of the dead lights and have been for a long time.
 I had a thought that even if Georgie was up there why didn't Bill at least wait for his body to come down so they could bury him properly.  Another thought which I think is the more obvious answer is that It ate him.  I wasn't actually expecting them showing It tearing Georgie's arm off but I was really impressed at that at the same time.  Sorry if that sounds gruesome.  I just mean they weren't afraid to go to that level.

ahh.. yah i think the floating kids were supposed to be in comas or catatonic..
I think i need to see it again cus wow its realy full of stuff.. but it was still good.
And no its not gruesome.. it is a horror m ovie and i was impressed that t hey had the spine to show it.

Offline 8BrickMario

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:37:18 AM »
I think it does quite admirably. Touches like updating the timeframe so the sequel will have the heroes as adults in our time, and their fears being changed from Universal monsters, and the eerily anachronistic mishmash of Pennywise's design are all great ideas. The kids are great, and set quite a challenge for their successors in the sequel, and there are some great scenes and setpieces. The miniseries is definitely a lot easier to watch, and has more cult charm than terror, due to budget, story, and Tim Curry being funnier than he should have been.

Overall, the fact that this follow-up to a beloved precedent is getting praise and is even being regarded as the better adaptation is very impressive. Most reboots and remakes don't get half as much favor as the originals.

Also, IT visits Derry every 27 years. This movie came out 27 years after the miniseries.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:55:59 PM »
I think it does quite admirably. Touches like updating the timeframe so the sequel will have the heroes as adults in our time, and their fears being changed from Universal monsters, and the eerily anachronistic mishmash of Pennywise's design are all great ideas. The kids are great, and set quite a challenge for their successors in the sequel, and there are some great scenes and setpieces. The miniseries is definitely a lot easier to watch, and has more cult charm than terror, due to budget, story, and Tim Curry being funnier than he should have been.

Overall, the fact that this follow-up to a beloved precedent is getting praise and is even being regarded as the better adaptation is very impressive. Most reboots and remakes don't get half as much favor as the originals.

Also, IT visits Derry every 27 years. This movie came out 27 years after the miniseries.

Yep I found that out too, it's really neat.  I was also surprised, given that this was a remake that it as good.  I've seen a few remakes so far and they weren't really that good in my opinion.  I actually feel like I liked this version of It better.  It also explains the detail of "they/we all float".  That wasn't really explained in the mini series.  I just assumed the dead bodies of the kids floated in the sewers.  I actually sort of felt bad for It when he was crying because the kids were beating him up.

Offline skirracorvus

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »
My mom adores Stephen King but I've never read his works...but this movie makes me want to start! I watched the original It and I usually love 80s movies but I could not follow the plot at all towards the end. So now I want to read the book and see the miniseries.

The new movie was one of the scariest horror movies in my opinion, probably because you care so damn much about those kids. And yes that opening scene was a super intense way to start the film and set the tone. But I also found the movie to be one of the funniest! It was a great feeling laughing and screaming in the theater with everyone. I like how they got into many of the characters' backstories, including that of Pennywise.

Bonus: the scenes with the creepy manor outside were filmed in the town next to me, so we could visit the set :D

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 02:03:28 PM »
My mom adores Stephen King but I've never read his works...but this movie makes me want to start! I watched the original It and I usually love 80s movies but I could not follow the plot at all towards the end. So now I want to read the book and see the miniseries.

The new movie was one of the scariest horror movies in my opinion, probably because you care so damn much about those kids. And yes that opening scene was a super intense way to start the film and set the tone. But I also found the movie to be one of the funniest! It was a great feeling laughing and screaming in the theater with everyone. I like how they got into many of the characters' backstories, including that of Pennywise.

Bonus: the scenes with the creepy manor outside were filmed in the town next to me, so we could visit the set :D

Wow that's awesome.

Offline roseprincess1

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »
So when do we get the next one!!??
also.. i kinda  love that its set in the 1980's heh.
Generation X fighting the forces of interdimensional  evil!
hehe

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:38:09 AM by roseprincess1 »