collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Garrett Sander on Monster High  (Read 2295 times)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: Garrett Sander on Monster High
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I love the MM 5-pack! Don't have it yet…someday! But yeah, a Fraidy Hawkins set would have been SOOOOOO cool!!!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 05:36:08 PM »
Wow so according to Garrett we were supposed to get a Seth doll! :mad:

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »
I knew it! Darn it Mattel :(
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline bewilderness

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Ponies and Monsters, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Camp Crafty
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
I would've loved a Seth doll. :/
Pony patches and MH & EAH sewing patterns on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiddendoors
Blog: https://campcrafty.wordpress.com

Offline Cece

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
Aw man, a Seth doll would've been a first day buy for me. Maybe if we're lucky he'll get a release like the Ghoulia and Cleo set.

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »
Man, what a bummer, I really like his original concept design too.  I should be finishing my own custom Seth this week.
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 10:19:16 PM »
I love when he reveals these details.  Elle's body parts were originally designed for a CAM add-on pack.  I always loved the creativity of the CAMs.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 09:53:08 AM »
Just to update with images and included a link to his instagram so you can see the rest of the images there :)

Quote from: Garrett Sander
It's #mhmonday!! And here's everyone's favorite #zombieghoul #GhouliaYelps!! And her pet owl #SirHootsALot . Ghoulia was designed with the rest of the first wave, which is why she was in the original webisodes too! So it was so fun to see the fan reaction to her knowing she'd be coming along the next season!!! She released in spring of 2011 (which meant she was out right before Xmas 2010). #funfact: Ghoulia is named after one of my co-workers who helped work on the original Monster High Pitch: Julia Phelps! Another fun fact: Sir Hoots A Lot's original name was Brains, we were going to have that be the only word Ghoulia would say - like old times zombies - but that name was already trademarked so Sir Hoots A Lot was born! In the end it made Ghoulia a better character not saying any words. I do love her so much! I love her style, getting to put her in comic inspired clothes later on to continue to show geek shriek style was always so fun! The last pic is Ghoulia from the Monster High 6 pack where we re-released the Ghouls in their original looks! There will definitely be more Ghoulia showing up in future mhmondays!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BY6EpXmhQVI/?taken-by=garrett_sander

Happy #MHMonday #ghouls and #mansters! This week brings you Monster High’s very own #HybridMonster #NeighthanRot! Half #Zombie half #Unicorn all #Manster! 😉 Neighthan starred in #FreakyFusion where he and his Hybrid friends started at Monster High. His design stayed pretty close to his original design. His sweatshirt became a baseball tee. With a graphic inspired by vintage anatomy drawings. His pants have a graphic “muscle fiber” print on one leg and his shoes lost the black. He was was our first mh boy with long hair (and a rooted tail!). He was really fun to design. The zombie details on his body are one of my favorites! Subtle but really nice. We also toned down the black around his eyes to be more gray so he didn’t look so sinister haha! His horn was originally black, but got lost in his hair so it was changed to blue, which makes it stand out nicely and I think worked out better! Seeing something in 3D always helps and makes you adjust things you didn’t see in 2D. #funfact the original movie idea had our Ghouls going back to the 50s! But we wanted to take a look back at the beginnings of Monster High and get to meet #Robecca’s Dad #HexiciahSteam!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZeQKptBpFb/?taken-by=garrett_sander

Happy #MHMonday everyone!! Since this outfit reappeared in #adventuresoftheghoulsquad I thought I’d share her original design from #BooYorkBooYork and since you’ve seen a #CattyNoir design before I am also including the original design for #SethPtolemy! #Funfact: In the very beginning of designing the Boo York Boo York line Seth was supposed to be a doll! There were going to be two two-packs: Deuce and Cleo and Catty and Seth! Unfortunately the catty and Seth set was dropped early on, we used the Catty design for a Three-Pack, but Seth never got a doll. I really loved his design too. He was so fun to work on. But at least he got to come to #unlife in the movie! I love this outfit on #Catty! It’s pretty much exactly as it was designed! Some of the binding changes to stitch detail, but that usually happens when changing to doll scale. Her shattered pink holofoil jacket is my favorite piece!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZwYWPqnmq_/?taken-by=garrett_sander

Happy #MHMonday Ghouls and Mansters!! Here’s #HauntedRochelle!! Designing the #MonsterHighHaunted line was really fun! We went for a pastel color palette even making blacks grey to give the Haunted school and the ghost world it’s own look. #RochelleGoyle was super fun to work on, this was the first and only time I got to design for Rochelle (she was created by the ubertalented @rebecula13!) She is pretty much the same as the original design, added some contrast stitching on the #fluerdelis in light pink to make it stand out a bit more. Her skin also looked extra clawsomely for her ghostly version! Because she is made of Stone we speckle her skin and making it translucent made it so you could see the “stone” specs floating inside her! #FunFact: the bracelet #Rochelle comes with (and she, #Draculaura, #Twyla and #Clawdeen wear) was originally a part of the story. The Ghouls wore the hourglass bracelets as the #boogiesand would only keep them as ghosts until the sand ran out! The story changed somewhere along the way, but we were too far in production on the toy to change it. But it’s still a cool accessory!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaCT8u1nS8c/?taken-by=garrett_sander

It’s time for #MHMonday!! And this week it’s #Elissabat from #FrightsCameraAction!! It was really fun getting to design her and go a bit darker goth vampire. She is pretty much in almost all black with a nice dark purple accent. #Funfact: the story originally called for Elissabat and #Draculaura to be cousins who looked very similar (you can see the heart on her cheek in the original sketch like Draculaura’s). But the story changed after the head sculpt was already done to resemble Draculaura’s. She’s still a super cute ghoul and your Reigning Queen of the Vampires! I really love the fabrics on her, while dark in color they are soft and shimmery, and I just love how her boots turned out! The only thing we got rid of was the headband, she just didn’t need it her hair looked so pretty without it!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BamZboOHLcS/?taken-by=garrett_sander

Happy #MHMonday!!! I present #ElleEedee from #BooYorkBooYork! #funfact: Elle’s robot torso, lower arms and lower legs first came to life for a later edition #CreateAMonster add-on pack that got dropped. The parts were so gore-geous they just had to be brought to unlife somewhere so I design a futuristic robot girl to join our cast of #Ghouls and #mansters in the #booyork movie! #designing Elle with all the sparkly metallics was so fun! Once we got to the 3D model the necklace just wasn’t working so I changed her belt to be a larger more statement piece and made it silver so it stood out more. Her satellite headpiece was changed to wrap around her ponytail, which made it stay on better and to a metallic blue to stand out better against her purple hued hair. She lost her bracelet, but she really didn’t need it, the shimmer in her skin made her sparkle on her own! I love her cape it’s so pretty and the print turned out so nice! As I was working on her face design I made her iris’ into the photo shutter style, all the rest of her was so unique she needed that special something in her eyes as well! And my absolute favorite part is her speaker-like ears and that her earrings are like earphone jacks and plug in! I also love that we have a steampunk robot and a futuristic robot in the line! Not every robot is built the same!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba4l6D0Hm4t/?taken-by=garrett_sander

It’s #MHMonday!!! Here is #LunaMothews who made her debut in #BooYorkBooYork! It was really fun getting to work on all 3 new characters (well 4 with Seth) and getting to design both their day looks and their gala looks! I was so happy we were able to do Luna’s wing print train and that when next to one another make a skull! The prototype used for the sales photos doesn’t look as nice as what we got in production. The production version has a great sheen to it so it almost sparkles! But you can’t always get the exact fabric/printing for the prototypes. But always nice when it comes out better than expected! #FunFact: her tiara is inspired by #psylocke from #xmens #butterflyeffect when she uses her telepathic powers. And I love that it looks like it sits so naturally and stays in place pretty well since we used the earring holes as the leg-in to hold the tiara on her head! All of her sculpted detail on her body turned out so cool as well thanks to our talented sculptor Adam!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaUqkxUHGNN/?taken-by=garrett_sander

Also, he's posted cute drafts prior and for halloween
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr