collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Cupcake Baking Troubleshoot?(RESOLVED)  (Read 175 times)

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
Cupcake Baking Troubleshoot?(RESOLVED)
« on: September 02, 2017, 07:23:21 AM »
EDIT: I added in melted chocolate and that seems to have been what it needed!

I don't know if anyone else bakes here but I need some help troubleshooting why I can't get a batch of cupcakes to turn out how I want!  ^^;

I've tried a few different recipes with modifications, and this is the one I've had the best results with so far.

http://www.craftycookingmama.com/chocolate-avocado-cake-with-chocolate-avocado-buttercream-frosting/

I'm trying to make a good, rich, chocolate cupcake that's nice and moist. I'll be filling it with a coconut cream and then topping it off with a chocolate ganache sprinkled with shredded coconut and a single almond in the middle. The avocado for the recipe is really helpful in keeping them moist, so I've got that part covered. But I can't seem to get them to taste chocolate-y enough! I've more than doubled the cocoa powder it asks for (after not getting the flavor I want the first time, and of course I made sure to add extra sweetener/liquid as needed to keep the sweetness and consistency), and tried adding some coffee and orange juice to bring out the chocolate flavor. The coffee definitely helped, but still the chocolate flavor feels mild?

At this point I'm wondering if maybe I should try melting down some chocolate and mixing it with the batter to get the flavor I'm looking for, but I'm not sure if it'll keep the same consistency if I do that.

Alternatively, they aren't bad as they are--just not as chocolate-y as I wanted. And with the cream filling and chocolate ganache there would certainly be more flavor to the finished product. So maybe I should just use them as is since I have achieved a more chocolate-y flavor than the original at least? I'm kind of a perfectionist about my baking though...  ^^;

Any opinions/recommendations?

(I'm vegan so if there are any add ins you think of to bring out the flavor, keep that in mind.)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:51:59 PM by writtenhuman »

Offline Quillette

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Cupcake Baking Troubleshoot?(RESOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 05:59:54 PM »
https://www.hersheys.com/kitchens/en_us/recipes/hersheys-perfectly-chocolate-chocolate-cake.html

This is literally the chocolatiest cake I have ever made. I don't see why you couldn't supstitute some ingredients to make it vegan. But as you can see it has half as much cocoa powder as flour. It's a very dense cake, with not much rise, but lots of chocolate flavor.