collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Where might I find replacement skullette parts for makeup case?  (Read 441 times)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
I lucked into a Monster High Make Me Over Case at the Goodwill. Currently retailing at Target for $25.99, I got mine for less than 5 bucks. Problem is, it's missing the front skullettes that are the closures for the case.

Can anyone recommend how/where I might be able to get replacement skullettes?
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scary Cute
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
Re: Where might I find replacement skullette parts for makeup case?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:03:16 PM »
I've had a similar problem with operetta's front jacket skulette being missing. It's definitely smaller though kind of a doll ring.
For trade: wonk eye Gigi first wave, catty noir first wave, viperine, geek howleen, orig howleen, MIB orig abbey, sdcc wisp missing earring stand and diary, first wave abbey everything ( broken knee ) but purse, 1600 clawd, first wave operetta ( different ring but everything included, Clawdia first wave.

WISHLIST <3: Fierce rockers catty, Mouscedes, werecat twins first wave, and 13 wishes howleen. Will use money or possibly trade, not looking for them in box since that will be even more expensive.

REASONABLE TRADE/BUY OFFERS ONLY.

Offline DogMom

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 06:17:09 AM »
Lol, yeah, much smaller!

These are more the size of a doll's head, and are the latch pieces that keep the whole thing closed/secured. I'm thinking I could find a creative solution, I couldn't turn down the thing, especially when the manager marked it down another couple bucks when I pointed out the latches were missing! So I paid maybe $4 total?

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:57:42 AM »
The only way I figure you could get a replacement is on eBay...I checked Mattel's part store and they don't offer them.  Sometimes that's the only way to get a piece you need...buy it as part of a "Lot". 
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Listie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Frankie Stein Fanatic!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 02:56:45 AM »
Heya DogMom, I take it you're talking about this? https://www.target.com/p/monster-high-make-me-over-case/-/A-14749735
TTPM's review revealed it's made by Just Play, not Mattel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zprokq5-8-4
Here it is on their website; https://justplayproducts.com/products/monster-high-monster-fy-makeup-case/
I would try their 'contact us' link & ask if they offer replacement parts. Bear in mind, you might not be eligible as you bought it second hand. I wish you the best of luck, though.  :)

Offline DogMom

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 08:07:36 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Listie, that is exactly the case! It never occurred to me that it'd be a MH licensed product and not made by Mattel. I will check it out!! Thank you!

And Wuv, thanks for the ebay idea! I haven't checked there yet.

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »
Are they decorative or are they the actual latch? Either way you might be able to macgyver something with a couple of doll brushes, hot glue and... Uhm... Stuff

Offline DogMom

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »
Are they decorative or are they the actual latch? Either way you might be able to macgyver something with a couple of doll brushes, hot glue and... Uhm... Stuff

Ameyal, my thoughts exactly! MacGyvering! That's a GREAT idea about the doll brushes, certainly I have a BUNCH of them laying around. But somehow…there's never one at hand when I actually NEED a brush?!?!   :biggrin:

The skullette IS the latch, so that is the problem.

Update is, I called the company (thanks Listie!) and while they don't sell to consumers, only B2B, they are going to send me a replacement skullette (I only asked for one, not three, lol). So I have one case that'll have both skullette latches, and then I can MacGyver on the other one!

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 07:29:25 PM »

Ameyal, my thoughts exactly! MacGyvering! That's a GREAT idea about the doll brushes, certainly I have a BUNCH of them laying around. But somehow…there's never one at hand when I actually NEED a brush?!?!   :biggrin:

The skullette IS the latch, so that is the problem.

Update is, I called the company (thanks Listie!) and while they don't sell to consumers, only B2B, they are going to send me a replacement skullette (I only asked for one, not three, lol). So I have one case that'll have both skullette latches, and then I can MacGyver on the other one!

That's good news! Even with just the two latches, it should still hold fairly well, I should think.

Good on the company for being willing to send replacements, too!

Offline DogMom

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 08:42:47 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

YES! One case is now complete (once I get the replacement skullette latch), so I just have to macgyver one case. It's kind of a weird design, these latches just pop right off.