collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 10
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Price Check for a lot of older MH dolls  (Read 250 times)

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
  • Hiya, Puddin! Miss me?
    • View Profile
Price Check for a lot of older MH dolls
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:21:24 PM »
I hope this is the correct forum for price checks.  ^^;

I'm planning to sell a lot of my collection, but I've been out of touch with the community for quite a while, so I'm not sure what these ghouls are going for nowadays. Any feedback would be much appreciated!  :)

Pictures can be found here if needed, but all dolls are complete and have excellent paint application as I am a VERY picky collector.

http://s420.photobucket.com/user/Wicked_Wonderland/library/Other%20Toys/Monster%20High?sort=3&page=1

Playsets:
Dead Tired Lagoona's Hydration Station with Lagoona doll.
Never used. Accessories still in packaging.

MIB Dolls:
Dead Tired Spectra
Operetta
Spectra (first head mold and gradient)
Dot Dead Gorgeous Lagoona
13 Wishes Frankie
Sweet Screams Abbey

Loose Dolls:
Headmistress Bloodgood with Horse
Create A Monster 3-Eyed Ghoul (includes official torso set)
(original release) Meowlody and Purrsephone
Forbitten Love Draculaura
Forbitten Love Clawd
Sweet 1600 Draculaura
Dawn of the Dance Draculaura
Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia
Dawn of the Dance Cleo 
(original) Holt Hyde
(original) Venus
(original) Torelei
(original) Howleen
Dance Class Gil
Zombie Shake Rochelle
Dance Class Lagoona
Dance Class Robecca 
Dance Class Operetta 
Gloom Beach Cleo
Dead Tired Ghoulia
Dead Tired Draculaura
Dead Tired Clawdeen
I <3 Fashion Scarah
School's Out Clawdeen
School's Out Lagoona
Dot Dead Gorgeous Draculaura
Frights Camera Action Operetta
Frights Camera Action Draculaura
Sweet Screams Frankie
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:32:50 PM by WickedWonderland »

Offline WickedWonderland

• Stiff
  • Hiya, Puddin! Miss me?
    • View Profile
Price Check:
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »

merging similar posts - Melissa, Monster Discussion mod
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:36:00 PM by WickedWonderland »

Offline monsteleon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check for a lot of older MH dolls
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:03:37 PM »
Hi! In the past year or so, I've both bought and sold a number of MH dolls, and I'm happy to share with you what I've learned.  What a doll will sell for doesn't always depend on condition.  I've seen (and bought) perfect dolls with all their accessories sell for less from a seller with a low feedback number, not rating, just number, than sellers with higher numbers of feedback.  Also, sellers who tend to sell their dolls for reasonable starting bids and shipping have more followers, so even though the dolls might start out low-priced, a bidding war may occur and the doll sells for a lot more.  If you do not have high feedback numbers, the bidding wars can work in your favor as sometimes bidders will give up and reconsider your auction.  Due to all these variables (and others like which dolls are sought after right now), values can often be all over the place, but a few of the dolls you have listed below are consistently sought after and usually command decent prices.  I've listed the range of what I've seen, but of course, you'll want to take more than just my word for it!  :biggrin:

Sometimes you can get higher prices listing items for a reasonable, but slightly higher than the auction prices, Buy It Now price.  A lot of buyers don't want to fool with auctions and will pay a bit more to bypass one through Buy It Now.

Playsets:
Dead Tired Lagoona's Hydration Station with Lagoona doll.
Never used. Accessories still in packaging. - I have no idea what this playset would be worth, but I bet it could bring a nice chunk of change.

MIB Dolls:
Dead Tired Spectra - can still be found in some Walgreens, I wouldn't expect to get more than $10.
Operetta - there was a time the original release Operetta couldn't be found for less than $30 MIB, but I've noticed her popularity's waned recently. My guess would be $15.
Spectra (first head mold and gradient) - I've seen sold prices between $20-40.
Dot Dead Gorgeous Lagoona - another that hasn't held her value, $10-15
13 Wishes Frankie - $15-20
Sweet Screams Abbey - the Sweet Screams line is still pretty popular, maybe $25-35.

Loose Dolls:
Headmistress Bloodgood with Horse - still popular and not easy to find complete, if you list it Buy It Now, you might get $20.
Create A Monster 3-Eyed Ghoul (includes official torso set) - also popular and hard to find, I'd try starting bid at $14.99 and see what happens.
(original release) Meowlody and Purrsephone - prices vary widely, anywhere from $15-$40 based on comparable condition.
Forbitten Love Draculaura - prices vary widely, anywhere from $10-$30 based on comparable condition.
Forbitten Love Clawd - Clawd is still desirable in any release, I'd try $20.
Sweet 1600 Draculaura - isn't all that popular recently, maybe $10-15 if the hair is really good.
Dawn of the Dance Draculaura - since this doll is harder to find in good condition, I'd try between $25-30.
Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia - when I bought mine last year, prices were pretty high, but lately I've noticed the price come down.  I'd try $20, $25 with brush and stand.
Dawn of the Dance Cleo - maybe $10
(original) Holt Hyde - Holt is still sought after, and if he has his ring, I'd list it for at least $40.
(original) Venus - $15-20
(original) Torelei - all original with stand, pet, and diary, in excellent condition, Toralei can still fetch between $25-30 loose.
(original) Howleen - might bring in $20 if complete
Dance Class Gil - none of the Dance Class dolls seem to have held their value much, but Gil is harder to find and therefore sells for a little more, you could try Buy It Now $20.
Zombie Shake Rochelle $10-15
Dance Class Lagoona $8-12
Dance Class Robecca  $6-8
Dance Class Operetta  $5-8
Gloom Beach Cleo - $5-10
Dead Tired Ghoulia - pretty common, between $8-15
Dead Tired Draculaura - pretty common, between $8-15
Dead Tired Clawdeen
I <3 Fashion Scarah - I just bought one NIB for $30, so loose & complete, maybe $15-20.
School's Out Clawdeen - still pretty sought after, maybe $20.
School's Out Lagoona - between $12-15
Dot Dead Gorgeous Draculaura - not sure
Frights Camera Action Operetta - between $8-15 depending on condition and included accessories
Frights Camera Action Draculaura - around $5
Sweet Screams Frankie - still pretty popular, but prices have come down quite a bit recently, with stand, diary, and pet, maybe $15.

Hope this helps!

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Scary Cute
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check for a lot of older MH dolls
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »
Wow, if you are interested in selling I could possibly buy the meowledy and purrsephone original release. ( assuming they have everything or close to everything ) I'm not sure if this will help but I've recently bought a howleen for $5 and she was missing: earring, backpack, pet, stand brush, diary.
For trade: wonk eye Gigi first wave, catty noir first wave, viperine, geek howleen, orig howleen, MIB orig abbey, sdcc wisp missing earring stand and diary, first wave abbey everything ( broken knee ) but purse, 1600 clawd, first wave operetta ( different ring but everything included, Clawdia first wave.

WISHLIST <3: Fierce rockers catty, Mouscedes, werecat twins first wave, and 13 wishes howleen. Will use money or possibly trade, not looking for them in box since that will be even more expensive.

REASONABLE TRADE/BUY OFFERS ONLY.