collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Shriek wrecked movie? Help?  (Read 415 times)

Offline AllHallowsEve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Shriek wrecked movie? Help?
« on: August 18, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »
Hey I'm not sure where to put this but can anyone help, there is a lot of shriek wrecked dolls and when I looked it up online there is mention of a movie but I can't find it anywhere, did it not happen or am I missing it?
Or was there never a movie and they just randomly did a set like that just because they did?

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Shriek wrecked movie? Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
There's no movie, but I do think there were weird stop motion 'webisodes'.
"America's Most Trusted News Source" Fail At Reporting Today's Date

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 02:04:32 PM »
Hey I'm not sure where to put this but can anyone help, there is a lot of shriek wrecked dolls and when I looked it up online there is mention of a movie but I can't find it anywhere, did it not happen or am I missing it?
Or was there never a movie and they just randomly did a set like that just because they did?
Shriekwrecked was a themed novelty line like Freak du Chic and Sweet Screams. You're right that there should have been some supplemental media, though.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 06:46:24 PM »
Imagine all the fun with pirate-talking!!! And sea shanties! Oh the missed opportunities, Mattel!!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »
Even though Sweet Screams didn't have any episode presence, they did have some for Freak du Chic, didn't they? I would have liked to see some for Shriek Wrecked, since it's one of my favorite MH lines, even though it's part of the reboot. It has my favorite Lagoona. <3

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »
Even though Sweet Screams didn't have any episode presence, they did have some for Freak du Chic, didn't they? I would have liked to see some for Shriek Wrecked, since it's one of my favorite MH lines, even though it's part of the reboot. It has my favorite Lagoona. <3
Yep. Sweet Screams had a piece-together storybook sold with the dolls in lieu of journals, Scarily Ever After had books, too, and Freak du Chic had three webisodes. Gloom 'n Bloom had a webisode arc fused with Monster Exchange.
Shriekwrecked is the first novelty line, now joined by Garden Ghouls, with no canon support. G2, everybody!
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 02:55:29 PM »
Yep. Sweet Screams had a piece-together storybook sold with the dolls in lieu of journals, Scarily Ever After had books, too, and Freak du Chic had three webisodes. Gloom 'n Bloom had a webisode arc fused with Monster Exchange.
Shriekwrecked is the first novelty line, now joined by Garden Ghouls, with no canon support. G2, everybody!

There were some stop motion episodes but they were really bad.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 04:54:23 AM »
So I went looking for Shriekwrecked info, and found about a 10-minute animated clip that gets through how the ghouls turn into fish/maids, and meet Posea, and then have fish/maid swimming practice, with 3 tiny little mermaid creatures. So there wasn't anything further?
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 05:42:09 AM »
So I went looking for Shriekwrecked info, and found about a 10-minute animated clip that gets through how the ghouls turn into fish/maids, and meet Posea, and then have fish/maid swimming practice, with 3 tiny little mermaid creatures. So there wasn't anything further?

That was Great Scarrier Reef and it had a whole line of accompanying mermaid dolls.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »
Dayna Treasura Jones is like a giant blank slate.  No personality, no background, the barest minimum of any information about her.  She's barely even a cypher.  She may have been the biggest casualty of the transition from Gen 1 to Gen 2 because she never even got a chance to be a real character.  And she'll likely never get another doll, it bums me out because in person, her design is very cute and with just a couple more details she could have been something special.
I make the dolls Mattel won't.