collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: New movie special: Happy Howlidays Ghouls!  (Read 911 times)

Offline textsfrommh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
New movie special: Happy Howlidays Ghouls!
« on: August 16, 2017, 12:03:02 PM »
The title of the next MH movie special has been revealed: Happy Howlidays Ghouls!

Hachette books have listed the upcoming tie-in books. https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/none/monster-high-fall-17-entertainment-deluxe-junior-novel/9780316557306/

Im kinda surprised that after all this time, were finally getting a Christmas themed MH movie. I wonder if well see some Christmassy dolls to go along with it?

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: New movie special: Happy Howlidays Ghouls!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »
It says Howlidays, not Christmas, I don't think they'd do that. Probably call it "Givingsmas" or something and "It's about togetherness and family!!" and leave monster religion out of it.

They've kept this under wraps very well, considering.

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 01:22:05 PM »
I swear if the new character isn't the daughter of the Krampus I'm done with Monster High forever.  :biggrin:
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline AugmentedApril

• Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »
Is this real?? Please tell me this is real!!

Offline Listie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Frankie Stein Fanatic!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »
Eh, after EAH Epic Winter, I'm not holding out for anything amazing. I just hope it's got Frankie in it.

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:54:55 AM »
I swear if the new character isn't the daughter of the Krampus I'm done with Monster High forever.  :biggrin:
whats a krampus?

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »
whats a krampus?
The most basic description would be "Christmas monster/demon who comes after the kids on the naughty list", but there's more depth to it. He's mainly a European figure, but there was a horror movie about him a few years ago.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »
It's one of those 'Ghoul Squad' things...So it's probably likely it'll have that new horrid animation that the series has. I'm not a fan of it :(

Also looking at the cover, if the 'Howlidays' title wasn't there you wouldn't even be able to tell it was a holiday themed book. :/ Why not give them festive outfits or a freaky snowman or something?

Offline monsteleon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »
I want to make sure I'm not missing something because from what I see, the book is based off of the Adventures of the Ghoul Squad series not a new movie.  Is that what everyone else is seeing?  I would love a new movie, especially a howliday themed one, but to me it looks like it will just be an episode of the YouTube show.  Please tell me I'm wrong.  :blush:

Offline textsfrommh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 02:05:54 PM »

Also looking at the cover, if the 'Howlidays' title wasn't there you wouldn't even be able to tell it was a holiday themed book. :/ Why not give them festive outfits or a freaky snowman or something?

Pretty sure that's just a mock cover until they complete the final artwork.

Post Merge: August 17, 2017, 02:07:35 PM

I want to make sure I'm not missing something because from what I see, the book is based off of the Adventures of the Ghoul Squad series not a new movie.  Is that what everyone else is seeing?  I would love a new movie, especially a howliday themed one, but to me it looks like it will just be an episode of the YouTube show.  Please tell me I'm wrong.  :blush:

It's confirmed that there's a 45 minute long movie which accompanies the Ghoul Squad series, it looks like Happy Howlidays might be it.

https://www.awn.com/news/mattel-creations-announces-new-monster-high-digital-series
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:07:35 PM by textsfrommh »

Offline Mad_Malady

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 07:51:01 PM »
Yay!

Howlidays is just a play on holiday. That could mean any holiday.

Maybe that's how they celebrate Halloween?

Still, it's fun to think about Christmas themed dolls.

Reindeer girl! Or a Dawndancer. But some other deer girl be better with red/green pointed deerskin style fringed skirt & bells on her ankles or shoes. I feel like Dawn dancer's stock outfit is patterned in a way that already makes me think of "ugly" Xmas sweaters.

How cute would an Abbey in a snowman inspired outfit be?? Puffy skirt of a snowball on suspenders paired with a puffy vest snowball that velcros fully in front, and a cozy snowball hat helmet that covers her head & has a little panel that goes over her nose & moth with carrot nose & coal smile. Corncob shoes. 

Someone needs a boa inspired by lighted garland. Oh! If each doll came with one & then Treesa would be a tie in(no new Treesa needed but an outfit that comes with a winter themed pixie) ; they decorate her with the boas. And also their accessories could be very ornament like, to adorn Treesa.

Post Merge: August 17, 2017, 07:53:54 PM

If it's winter holidays it should be inclusive or fictional tho.

Someone else want to assign the rest of the winter holidays to characters?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:53:54 PM by Mad_Malady »

Offline AllHallowsEve

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 01:43:29 PM »
Interesting

Offline monsteleon

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 05:57:36 PM »

Pretty sure that's just a mock cover until they complete the final artwork.

Post Merge: August 17, 2017, 02:07:35 PM

It's confirmed that there's a 45 minute long movie which accompanies the Ghoul Squad series, it looks like Happy Howlidays might be it.

https://www.awn.com/news/mattel-creations-announces-new-monster-high-digital-series

Thanks for the clarification!  :biggrin: