collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Any New 28 Inch Dolls?  (Read 558 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Any New 28 Inch Dolls?
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:19:35 AM »
Do you think we are going to get any new 28 Inch Dolls this year or has Just Play totally replaced MH with Descendants? Last year we got both MH and EAH (as well as the usual big Barbies). Are we going to get Descendants and MH and Barbie or is it going to be just Descendants and Barbie?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:04:01 AM by Wardah »
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Any New 28 Inch Dolls?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »
I don't expect to see any this year.  My sister absolutely loves them, though she's missing the two Beast Freaky Friends from last year.  With the way MH is selling, and disappearing, I expect very little in the way of gimmicks for Christmas.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
I don't expect to see any this year.  My sister absolutely loves them, though she's missing the two Beast Freaky Friends from last year.  With the way MH is selling, and disappearing, I expect very little in the way of gimmicks for Christmas.

EAH was pretty much in the same situation last year but there was still a 28 inch Tea Party Maddie so I'm hoping for at least one. Maybe an established character instead of just something random?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:01:18 PM by Wardah »
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 11:37:58 AM »
An established character would be really nice. Depending on who it was.

At least it probably won't be Ari at this rate. Only because it looks like she's been put on the back burner.

Offline taffeta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »

EAH was pretty much in the same situation last year but there was still a 28 inch Tea Party Maddie so I'm hoping for at least one. Maybe an established character instead of just something random?

How well did they do in the States? That Maddie is still in stock and discounted at Smyths here, as are 2 of the other dolls and we never got Skelita as far as I know :/. THey are expensive so I wonder at how well they sold...
我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 05:58:01 AM »
I have the original two MH 28" ghouls, but got them on ebay because I missed seeing them in-store. Thankfully got them for close to retail.

I don't recall seeing Skelita in-store when she came out…she might've been snapped up quickly.

My local TRU had plenty of 28" Maddies, and only a few were still left the last time I went, but they were half-off. I resisted successfully. But if I saw a Skelita, well, I can't promise she wouldn't come home with me….

I would, however, like to see a 28" with articulated knee joints so they could sit properly. I realize the size/weight makes that possibly difficult, but still, a ghoul can dream….

Since there are a number of ghouls/girls out, a MANSTER 28" doll would be super cool!! Who would be a good one? Deuce? Holt? Billy? Clawd?
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Mad_Malady

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
Oh yeah! Like a My Buddy /Kid Sister set!

I'd love it to be 2 new characters.

Twins!

With her skirt & his top being a match & her top & his pants matching.

Same hair colors, but opposite distribution.

A mishmash of monster features just like they've been doing with the big dolls.

Knees yes! With the way Gooliope crumples under the weight of her head, I like to have her kneel a lot. The big doll being able to kneel would be amazing.