collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Help with originals please  (Read 292 times)

Offline AllHallowsEve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Help with originals please
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:37:30 PM »
Hey I am sure this has been asked many times but being fairly new to MH and having spent a long time looking online and watching you tube I am still struggling with how to tell originals. I am particularly thinking Draculaura. Her original pink and white outfit seems to have been released many times I can see the different in box but how do you tell out of of the box the 2008 and 2011(was it?) look almost identical how do you tell? It seems to be the same with original lagoona and Ghoulia they all look very similar :(

Also the 1600 draculaura I know original had tinsel in hair and bag and cake and invitation etc but looking online and I think a lot of people are putting the older accessories with the newer doll I am so confused can anyone help make it a little clearer pictures would help.

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
Re: Help with originals please
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:48:11 PM »
This MIGHT help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZK9JeriMc

I can see the difference in the face of the three releases of the signature Draculaura.

Offline AllHallowsEve

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:53:46 PM »
Thanks for replying but as i said I've watched a lot of these videos and in the box its easy but how do you tell open on eBay and I am sue with a lot they are adding older accessories with newer doll it's so confusing  :cry:

Offline taffeta

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:00:31 PM »
The only way I might know an absolutely original doll is the type of hip joint they have, as they changed it quite early. But my first Lala was Skull Shores I think and she has the same old style hip so that threw me. People here were awesome and helped me figure out who she was but I agree it's hard to tell some versions of the doll apart from a glance out of box.

I don't think I've ever seen an actual original Lagoona since they first came out (I resisted actually buying MH for years xD). The only original dolls I know for sure I have are Frankie (who I rescued, she has issues but I love her anyway), Ghoulia and Jackson :/
我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline AllHallowsEve

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 03:05:10 PM »
Thanks for replying so what would you suggest, don't buy unless very sure?
Can anyone post a real picture of the rerelease 1600 draculaura?