collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: If I won the lottery...  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
If I won the lottery...
« on: July 27, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »
Unfortunately for a lot of us collectors, we don't have hundreds and hundreds of dollars in disposable income to splurge...But if you did, what are some grails that you'd spring for?

Recently while browsing the interwebs, I came upon the news that Steiff is making a limited edition bear for the Sailor Moon 25th Anniversary. Sailor Moon was my jam growing up. I watched it every day. And the bear's adorable. LOOATIT!

So of course I'm interested. Then I see the price...

"43,200 yen (about 387 US dollars)"

I should have expected that, since Steiff makes high-quality collectible bears, but it still hurts, damn it. XP

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
Re: If I won the lottery...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 05:45:06 AM »
I would definitely complete my vintage & MOD Barbie collection by getting some of the dolls and playsets I've really wanted, like Barbie Goes To College, and also some of the Color Magic dolls...like this one:

I'd also like to get a few more Momokos:

I have one and she was one of the first fully articulated fashion dolls I bought.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline bewilderness

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Ponies and Monsters, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Camp Crafty
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 06:10:16 AM »
I'd get SDCC Ghoulia.  I neeeeeeed her boots.  There's still a few MH/EAH dolls I need to complete my collection so I'd pick up those.  There's a few Pullip dolls I want and a couple of BJDs.  I also want a few Momoko dolls.  And though they're not dolls, there's a few ponies I still need to complete my MLP G1 and G3 collection.  The G1 ponies are mostly harder to find ponies, like the TAF babies.
Pony patches and MH & EAH sewing patterns on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiddendoors
Blog: https://campcrafty.wordpress.com

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:39:12 AM »
The Xander/Laslow/Peri Fire Emblem pin set is the thing I want most in this world.  I've only seen one listed, at $280. :cry:  But the true lottery goals would be to build a house where I could devote actual space to my collections, and finding a bunch of artists to do a bunch of different art pieces to decorate my walls.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 08:05:21 AM »
A complete collection of Sailor Moon Pullips. 🌙 *sigh*

...Aaand Spring Unsprung Kitty Cheshire. She's literally the last expensive doll on my EAH list.

...Oh, and that life-size, 6+ foot Deadpool action figure from NECA. XD Seriously, who DOESN'T want that?

Offline Claire

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 09:56:40 AM »
For Pullips for me, it's Prunella (though she's more manageable than others I want), Pere Noel (SHOULDA GOT HER WHEN PULLIPSTYLE HAD HER IN STOCK UGGUU), Isolde, and the original release Rozen Maiden Kirakishou.

Nemesis, when I bought that Kitty, I got pissy at Walmart since NONE of the local stores had her and every time it said she was in stock online, she mysteriously was out of stock whenever I put her in my cart. :hmm: I ended up getting her from a reseller on eBay, and of course I wasn't happy about paying over retail...But seeing what people want for her now? Hoo boy XD I'm glad I only paid around $35 for her MIB. I hope you can get her someday, she's a beauty!

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 10:37:34 AM »
Toy R Us had a give-a-way for a life size Wildforce Red Ranger years ago.  I just happened to walk into the store (back then I had no reason to be in a TRU.  MH wasn't a thing back then, and I wasn't a toy collector.) and BAM! life size power ranger staring right back at me.  I entered to win, but of course I didn't :cry:  The following year, they had a Ninja Storm made.  That one I didn't know about until years later.  I somehow managed to get the Ninja Storm Ranger on Ebay, but Wildforce eludes me.  Most people refuse to ship because it has to be freighted and it's expensive as hell.  I only managed to get Ninja Storm because the seller didn't know what he was doing (nor did I as it was my fight time buying a 6 foot tall item XD) and sold it to me before researching how to ship it.  So finding what I want in an area I'm willing to travel to is near impossible.  If by some miracle the seller is willing to ship, the shipping price is usually in the hundreds, and the item itself gets pretty high, so that means I'll never own this particular grail. 

My Ninja Storm Ranger always looks so sad because he's all alone:(  He needs his brother!

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »
I was just telling my husband we needed to start playing the lottery. I don't need a whole lot, just $20,000 would do it. That would wipe out all my debts and allow me to get all of the trees removed from our property that are either dead or dangerously hanging over our house. I don't want a lot, just 20-grand.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »
My grail would probably be my wishlist. Signature Lagoona and Skull Shores is the hardest to come by at affordable prices, and Dance the Fright Away Moanica is becoming pretty tricky to find. Amazon's Katana and Frost would also be interesting to get. Again, basically my amazon's wishlist LOL but there are no real grails as I could live without them or buy them when I save for each.
I would rather pay debts, buy a house and pay in advance the daughters' college.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 09:45:39 PM »
If I won the lottery, I'd probably use it to fly my family out to see me rather than buy anything collectible... <_<;

Or get our kitchen and re-flooring renovations done instead of waiting a few years like is the current plan.

But if the condition was "here is money, you can only spend it on toys"... my wish lists are several miles long because there is currently SO MUCH cool merch on the market.

Honestly, I'd probably buy and kit out my first MSD, though. And wait on everything else.

Offline Melissa

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 10:18:45 PM »
If we're talking multi-millions, I would make the neighbors who live behind us an offer they couldn't refuse, because I like all our other neighbors besides the ones behind us (they are obnoxious and their kids are atrociously bad-mannered) and I love our house so I don't want to move, but I don't want them living there. Then I would make that my human-sized doll house. There could be a DCSHG room, a MH/EAH room, a Barbie room, a Pullip room, a Disney room, etc.

There are probably other things I would spend money on before doing that, but that's probably the main hobby-related thing I would do.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 12:04:08 AM »
Then I would make that my human-sized doll house. There could be a DCSHG room, a MH/EAH room, a Barbie room, a Pullip room, a Disney room, etc.

That actually is a cool idea, because if investing in awesome displays and tight security, it could have small guided tours for extra cash now and then  :$$$:
Though with proper setting so I could have access to play with my dolls
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 12:18:52 AM »
I would buy a house with six bedrooms and three bathrooms. 1 master bedroom would be for hubby and I. 1 spare bedroom for when my parents come to stay after they move. 1 room for hubby and whatever he might want it for (plus a big garage, because I already know he really wants that.) 1 room for a library. 1 room for my Pullips. And 1 room for all of my other toy collections. It would also have both a family room and a living room, so I'd have plenty of space for my video games, yarn, and makeup. :lol:

And in the Pullip room, I would have really nice custom shelving with built-in lighting and glass doors.

It's nice to dream... <3

And you know, if you actually play, it *could* happen. My cousin won a million dollars on a scratch ticket a few months ago.

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline Claire

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »
And you know, if you actually play, it *could* happen. My cousin won a million dollars on a scratch ticket a few months ago.

When I worked at Kmart we sold scratchers...A lady won $500...And she said she was just gonna spend it all on tickets all over again.

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 02:02:44 AM »

When I worked at Kmart we sold scratchers...A lady won $500...And she said she was just gonna spend it all on tickets all over again.

Okay, I lied. Your post just made me realise what I'd spend non-budgeted lottery money on:

ROOM GUARDIANS. Anya Boz's stuff is amazing and I'd love one, but the auctions always skyrocket in price.

Offline Claire

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 06:46:46 PM »
I just learned something new! I didn't know they were a 'thing'...I just thought there was that white cat dude that people always use as a reaction image. XD Whenever I wanted the image I'd Google something like 'Weird white cat statue with hands' ^^;

They're awesome. I saw an Arcanine that I would LOVE to have.

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 07:32:57 PM »
Apparently, that little guy becoming a meme is a hilarious and unintended side-effect of the photos used for his auction. XD

But the other room guardians are majestic as all get-out. I love them.

There's a puppet maker who does things in a similar style, called Woodcutter Lee. Her dragon puppets in particular are amazingly cool. Her little animal friends are also neat, but not quite to the same skill level as the Anya Boz ones.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 03:08:51 PM »
OK after googling "ROOM GUARDIANS", I fell in love with the wolves.

If I won the lottery, I'd want to fix up my house.   Then, go on vacation.  Then, buy all the accessories, wigs, eyes and clothes I've been dreaming about for my dolls.  Maybe after that, I'll think about more dolls.  Haha.