collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Customs I want to make/see made  (Read 4308 times)

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Customs I want to make/see made
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »
The wave pattern on Gil's jacket is actually an iron-on decal!  I scanned Skull Shores Gil's board shorts to get the pattern, cleaned it up a little in photoshop, and then printed it out on an iron-on transfer.  Both Slo-Mo and Gil are wearing Heath Burns jackets with new sleeves sewn on.  Thanks for the kind words! :biggrin:
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 12:09:29 PM »
The wave pattern on Gil's jacket is actually an iron-on decal!  I scanned Skull Shores Gil's board shorts to get the pattern, cleaned it up a little in photoshop, and then printed it out on an iron-on transfer.  Both Slo-Mo and Gil are wearing Heath Burns jackets with new sleeves sewn on.  Thanks for the kind words! :biggrin:

Fang-tastic! Great work and love the results!!!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline AllHallowsEve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 01:46:39 PM »
I modified Heath Burns jackets (bought off eBay) to match the other mansters.

They look amazing, that is what I want to do but am really not crafty :(

How do you make the new bit of sleeve?

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »
I used a seam ripper to separate the pieces of the jacket, traced the old sleeve to make a pattern.  Then I cut out the sleeves in a black fabric as close to the original as I could find, and re-sewed the whole thing back together.

It was easier than it sounds!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Boy Doll Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • thatRavie
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
a guy with slightly unnatural color https://flic.kr/p/nuyo1R

The customs I want to make are usually my PR OCs, but big toy companies are always throwing a monkey wrench into my plans and I get frustrated.

Though I have the idea of turning the KuuKuu Harajuku Girls into individualized Hogwarts students. Girls only but still I think it'd be cute.

But before I do any of that...I have to actually want to do anything with dolls again. I decided to take the year off from dolly things

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »
Would like to see a custom catty noir with her fierce rockers shattered makeup effect but spread out more across her body. Also I would like to see more custom howleen without ripping her ears off or changing her species. ( sort of like a kawaii howleen cx )
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline HollowedBone

• Fangtastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »
I'd love customs of the parents, also i want to make a few of my non-human oc's and i'd love to make teen wolf customs using dc superhero girls and eah boys, also vocaloid's into dolls, but i feel like the multiple versions of the vocaloids would make it super hard to choose which one to create... I'd love to see backgrounders as well. I love it. when people take a character we've only seen a few times and turn it into someone who could be on the main cast!
So Much Fabric So Few Dolls!!

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 08:16:30 PM »
Would like to see a custom catty noir with her fierce rockers shattered makeup effect but spread out more across her body. Also I would like to see more custom howleen without ripping her ears off or changing her species. ( sort of like a kawaii howleen cx )

How do you mean? Just a more detailed Howleen? Or more Howleens in general?

I rebodied a Dance Class Howleen onto a G1 Cleo body and loved the end result (Cleo's head is in the process of being rerooted and will go on the Howleen body in the end). I know someone else put Howleen's head onto a Cerise body with great success as well. Slightly grown-up Howleen is a cutie!

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »

How do you mean? Just a more detailed Howleen? Or more Howleens in general?

I rebodied a Dance Class Howleen onto a G1 Cleo body and loved the end result (Cleo's head is in the process of being rerooted and will go on the Howleen body in the end). I know someone else put Howleen's head onto a Cerise body with great success as well. Slightly grown-up Howleen is a cutie!

I'm talking about her same body. Firecracker made a really cute howleen ooak and reroot. Sadly, she got sold a little before I asked and took down the pictures so you will have to ask her for a pic of her. I do agree a slightly grown up howleen is cute c: I currently have 5 howleen from different lines and all I need is ghoul fair and family pack :) ( yes I really wuv that cute pupp :howl: I'm probably going to get some metallic silver paint and paint catty with her same shattered glass makeup effect :D
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2017, 09:38:10 PM »
Now you guys made me want a "Pack of trouble" updated with Clawdia, Clawd, Clawdeen, Howleen, Baker and Weredith (And maybe their mom too) with matching outfits and hair colors :p

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 03:14:57 PM »
I'd love customs of the parents...

Same.  I'm currently working on a custom of Clawdeen's mom.

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Listie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Frankie Stein Fanatic!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2017, 10:18:47 AM »
Dollightful on YouTube has been making a bunch of Pokemon inspired dolls lately. Here's Eevee; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-zdLR9DzU
Maybe she'll do a Tsareena eventually?

I've got a bunch of customs I want to make, but I have trouble finding the motivation to do them. I'd love to make some Harry Potter dolls, but if you want to be consistent with the type of dolls, it's hard to find a line with as many boys as girls (and also has articulation).

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2017, 01:38:58 PM »
Dollightful on YouTube has been making a bunch of Pokemon inspired dolls lately. Here's Eevee; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-zdLR9DzU
Maybe she'll do a Tsareena eventually?

I've got a bunch of customs I want to make, but I have trouble finding the motivation to do them. I'd love to make some Harry Potter dolls, but if you want to be consistent with the type of dolls, it's hard to find a line with as many boys as girls (and also has articulation).
Well... boys are really the main "problem", but EAH, Descendants and MH are sort of compatible, which gives about 9 diferent guys. (bit more if you also include MyScene guys, Jake from Liv and Hasbro Prince... well Kristoff...) you would only need to chose which girls you like with them better(I personally like the Descendants the most)

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »
They're showing "inside out" on tv and now I want customs of the emotions :p

Offline catwater

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Call me Claire.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr Blog
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 09:34:21 PM »
Aaah I have so many of these ideas, but I've been slacking so much with customizing lately....

My main goal is to make Dipper and Mabel customs from Gravity Falls. I actually have at least their heads already!! I wanted them to be cartoony, more child-like, and 1/6 scale to fit with my other dolls, so I'm using the Disney Animator mini heads and pure neemo xs bodies. (I've tried at least one faceup on Dipper but I'm still figuring out the right style...)

I saw someone use a Strawberry shortcake head rebodied onto an EAH body to make Star Butterfly but I can't for the life of me figure out where I saw it. It looked amazing though-- she had the right face shape and lots of space to draw her cartoony eyes.

I'd also love to make Astrid and Hiccup from HTTYD-- and a poseable Toothless to go with them, but that seems like so much work, and I've never tried to make a poseable art doll myself.... I think Merida would be a good base for Astrid but I'm stumped for Hiccup-- he has such a distinctive nose I guess I'd have to sculpt it myself.

Anyway it's fun to plan all of these customs (even if realistically I won't follow through lololol) I still have so many unfinished projects....

Post Merge: November 05, 2017, 05:44:36 PM

Update: I FOUND THE ARTIST

I don't think they ever finished making her but here's the post I saw at least.... I think it's spot on for a base!!

littleflowers19 on tumblr
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:44:36 PM by catwater »
InstagramCustoms Thread ♦  EtsyTumblr!Flickr

Turquoise Overload by Claire Atwater, on Flickr

Offline HappyCrover

• Wonky Eyes
  • Princess Bee!
    • View Profile
    • Happy Crover Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »

I want slug girl  :cry: sweetheart
"Can you find it in the field?"
I'm Princess Bee and I'm trying to make cute custom dolls!! Let's be friends~

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
    • Mistakenolive's Wall o' Stuff on Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2018, 01:03:50 AM »
That Star is spot ON!

I want slug girl  :cry: sweetheart

I've done eyestalks like that with my andalite custom. If you use sugru you can make them poseable. :D

I want to see a Rainbow Quartz made from a DC Superhero Girl doll. It would require a full body repaint though (unless there's a character in DC that has mauve skin?) and that might be a bit much.. right now. My finished projects to WIPs ratio is at least 10 to 1 D:
♥♡♥

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 07:05:07 AM »

My finished projects to WIPs ratio is at least 10 to 1 D:

This is me 100%.  I just finished Gory Fangtell, and have a box full of partial projects leering at me... ^^;

Offline biofreak659

• Glue-Seepage Head
  • Lab Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 11:38:25 AM »
My wip list is so long...

I have a  bunch of mh characters I want to revamp (despite most of them not being vampires, teehee). Like, if I were given the concept, how would I design the character?

I'm also want to make some of the parents and teachers, plus some classic Universal monsters (Spectra's cheekbones inspired me to turn her into Countess Marya Zaleska and now I can't stop thinking of ideas). And I want to make a few Castlevania characters, and some ocs, and a Blade, and a fancy kiss repaint/diorama for Apple and Darling (because Mattel are cowards and won't release a cute picnic set), and a Kankuro from Naruto for my sister, and I still need to finish my super serious 1/6 T.E. Lawrence custom...

Long story short I need to spend less time thinking of ideas and more time making them.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2018, 08:38:32 PM »
I have a couple of old school strawberry shortcakes, I sooo wanna try that Star! (And maybe Marco)

I want to see a Rainbow Quartz made from a DC Superhero Girl doll. It would require a full body repaint though (unless there's a character in DC that has mauve skin?) and that might be a bit much.. right now. My finished projects to WIPs ratio is at least 10 to 1 D:
Killer Frost has a veeeeery light blue skin, but I think it's close enough for a custom.