collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

June 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Customs I want to make/see made  (Read 4071 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
Customs I want to make/see made
« on: July 26, 2017, 11:14:43 AM »
Have you ever had an idea or seen something and just "I MUST HAVE A DOLL OF THAT!" I'd love for you to share those with us here. We can drool together and maybe brainstorm.

I just had this happen to me on tumblr. I have to make a doll of this, but I really don't know where to start. Which base should I use?

Posted by arengarci on tumblr.

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Customs I want to make/see made
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:46:09 AM »
Wow, that's a fantastic design!  I see her as a Pullip in my doll-minds eye.

I really wish there were Star vs the Forces of Evil dolls styled like KuuKuu Harajuku dolls, with the articulation and detailed, swappable outfits.  Unfortunately, I have way too much on my custom plate right now to attempt something like that.
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »
Wow, that's a fantastic design!  I see her as a Pullip in my doll-minds eye.

I really wish there were Star vs the Forces of Evil dolls styled like KuuKuu Harajuku dolls, with the articulation and detailed, swappable outfits.  Unfortunately, I have way too much on my custom plate right now to attempt something like that.

That would really be perfect. I've seen customs of Star on EAH dolls and it always kind of misses the...oddity. like the EAH girls' bodies are just too real for Star.

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 12:28:56 PM »
Oooh, that is pretty!

Star, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Adventure Time... I think their cartoony proportions and faces don't translate wll into a "normal" doll, they would have to be special made
I have seen several customs of Marceline and some of Princess Bubblegum, but they all look weird, and not in the "cartoony" style weird :/

I would love to see more super heroes, specially with "civie" clothes and then a super hero change. Spider-Gwen would be a dream come true(I kind of wanna make one using DCSHG Supergirl as a base) and Power Rangers too! I have seen Sailor Scouts and other random characters, but I would love me some Power Rangers, specially if they are the originals(Again, I kinda want to make them using a mix of Descendants girls with EAH guys.

Oh! OH! And The Legend of Zelda ones!

Online Konzern

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 12:39:39 PM »
Fire Emblem for me!  Tibarn http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Tibarn would be a dream custom, emphasis on dream!  :lol: Xenoblade Chronicles as well.   

I've seen some beautiful ones of many characters, some work and some just look wrong, as Ameyal said.  And some I've been shocked to find are Monster High under everything, the customizers did such a good job that the base is almost impossible to tell.  Others, well, just impossible to pull off.  ^^;

Oh, how could I forget Fatal Frame!  I've seen a few awesome Silent Hill based ones, and Fatal Frame could be epic!  Sae, Chitose, the Kusabi from II, Miyako, Itsuki, Miku, Mafuyu, Rei, Kei, Yashuu, Kyouka, the Kuze handmaidens, Blinded, the maidens from V with both living and dead forms, Ose's living and dead forms, Ren, there's a lot!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:51:55 PM by Konzern »
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »
Ameyal, love your idea of civvie to superhero dolls!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline bewilderness

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Ponies and Monsters, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Camp Crafty
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 10:25:38 AM »
I just want some Harry Potter dolls. XD  Eventually I'm going to turn some EAH/MH/Descendents into Hogwarts students.  Jackson can be Harry Potter, Apple can be Luna, Dexter can be Neville.  I'll have to have a redhead made that can double as both Sparrow Hood (because I NEED a Sparrow doll) and as Ron Weasley.  Holly can be Ginny.  And I want to turn a bookcase into Hogwarts for them.
Pony patches and MH & EAH sewing patterns on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiddendoors
Blog: https://campcrafty.wordpress.com

Offline clonecommander

• Fashion Pack
  • Undersized clone commander at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 11:09:51 AM »
Already in the planning stages: Cortana (using Kiyomi as the base as she is a perfect color match to the base blue of Cortana)

Concept only stage: All of my car-inspired characters for Motor City High (The characters can shift between a car and a human form, some named characters are Fiona Ferrari, Cory Vette, Carol Shelby, Marty McLaren, Dee Lorian)

I have a slew of concepts for characters for video game characters for Pixel High, I plan on making some 'non-human' characters too, including an Arbiter character (that's gonna be tough...... Figuring out how to turn a human into a Sangheili. Okay, an Elite for those not as familiar with HALO)

I also want to, at some point, create original BJD-type 1:6 scale figures of my OCs from my Star Wars fanfic.
Got clones? I've got over one hundred... How many do you have?

"I'm not short, I'm compact!"

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Customs I want to make: turn Holt Hyde into a Jack Frost/ice elemental type; make a Daughter of the Grey Aliens; give Pearl&Peri legs; make the Headmistress' (adopted?) son, Jack; make a flower fairy for my EAH court. I have the bases and supplies for most of those ideas, now I just need the courage!

Rayedelsol, I think Draculaura would actually make a great base for that Tsareena custom.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 03:56:56 PM »
I just want some Harry Potter dolls. XD  Eventually I'm going to turn some EAH/MH/Descendents into Hogwarts students.  Jackson can be Harry Potter, Apple can be Luna, Dexter can be Neville.  I'll have to have a redhead made that can double as both Sparrow Hood (because I NEED a Sparrow doll) and as Ron Weasley.  Holly can be Ginny.  And I want to turn a bookcase into Hogwarts for them.
I want something similar, but only about making Hogwarts uniforms without making them HP characters(Specially if I make the Fantastic Beasts dollhouse on MyFroggyStuff)

I also want to make fairy tale characters for Descendants/EAH:
Son of the Blue Fairy(An Alistair for Descendants, a Invisibilly for EAh), Children of Aladdin/Jasmine(Hunter and an animator Jasmine), Son of Kronk and son of Merida. For EAh, I want Daughter of the Pea Princess, Daughter of Rose Red and Son of Snow White, etc.

Ameyal, love your idea of civvie to superhero dolls!
I kinda stole the idea from the Ladybug/Marinette and Adrien/Chat Noir dolls :p
It's kind of hard to believe that no other dolls have done something like that before(Althought I think the Adora/She-ra recent doll counts too)

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 10:04:39 AM »
I've always wanted a team of Power Ranger dolls.  I know they made Kimberly, Trini and Aisha way back, but that was never enough for little completionist justkitter XD  I wanted EVERYONE.  Besides, I was never happy with the doll articulation I had growing up.  I fell in love with the G1 MH bodies, so I'm really excited for two of my favorite things to meld into one awesome thing!

The other thing I'd love to have one day is an Organization 13 uniform for a MH doll.  I would really like a custom set of all the members.....but that is super unrealistic.  I don't have that kind of money, and I'm afraid that they wouldn't live up to what I had in mind.  Those uniforms are really detailed and I can't imagine they'd shrink down too well.  I'd settle for just one uniform that kinda covers the identity of the doll wearing it.  That way I can just imagine it being anyone/everyone LOL

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 10:19:38 AM »
I've seen some pretty cool customs of Hook/Killian from Once Upon a Time and if I had the skills I'd make one of my own. I'm still dreaming of the day where Tonner makes a Once Upon a Time line, they'd get all of my money :p There are some neat little statue figure things that have been released, and Killian's looks pretty good so I'm planning to get one. My goal is to sneak him into the nativity scene at Christmas and see if my family notices :p

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 10:36:28 AM »
Most of the customs I want to see made are EAH and MH characters or backgrounders:  Johnny Spirit, Eyera, Jacko Lantern, maybe a slight variation on Zori Weatherbolt, Hopper Croakington, Sparrow Hood, and a few others whose names escape me.

Since I'm on vacation next week, I'm hoping to start work on Hopper, Johnny Spirit, and maybe some others. 
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
I did the headband for an EAH Star (vs. the forces of evil). It's the red horns, right?

Also, I've rearranged my priorities and I think I'm going to do a Lurantis custom now instead of the Tsareena one. Purely because I found some awesome leggings/tights on etsy that will work well ^.^

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »
I just realized I want something much more simple... Guys rehaired with weird colors!
I don't think I have ever seen an Alistair/Dexter/Hunter with blues, pinks, red, greens or even yellow hairs!

Offline Knightfire

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »
Ooo, I hadn't thought of doing a Lurantis doll. I kinda want to design one now, myself!  ^^;

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
Ooo, I hadn't thought of doing a Lurantis doll. I kinda want to design one now, myself!  ^^;

I'd love to see it, too. Go for it ^.^ I'm not going to have the money to do it until the middle of the month, but I think this will be awesome

Offline AllHallowsEve

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 03:11:32 PM »
I didn't know where to put this but does anyone know if it's possible to get the monster High varsity jackets like the one Heath Burns comes with for the other guys?

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 06:47:06 PM »
I modified Heath Burns jackets (bought off eBay) to match the other mansters.

I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 09:50:32 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ooh, nice! Is the Gil sleeve treatment from the wave shirts?

I think you may have started a trend!

Also, I noticed DGRequiem has new jacket patterns in her etsy shop. Includes the Thriller red jacket for mansters! Dunno if a varsity jacket is included in the pattern, tho.
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis