collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Adventures of the Ghoul Squad [Howliday Edition - 10/29 on Nick!]  (Read 12544 times)

Offline Mad_Malady

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
What if that bg ghoul is *actually* Ghoulia?!

That name suits *her* more than it does G1 Ghoulia I think. I'd love a speaking Ghoulia who just moaned an awful lot. Like a Daria vibe reluctant to be friends with anyone and super smart.

The idea to have a feral Angelic is brilliant! What a missed opportunity! It'd be funny if she was trying to bite people all the time. Draculaura was/is a vegan right, and that's why she doesn't bite people. Introducing Fangelica to vegan food & dealing with her cravings could have been fun.

Imagine her tryin to feed on students; zombies are yuck, lol. Abbey walks up to Draculaura with  "bone to poke, er pick," & turns around to reveal Fangelica hanging limp from her back, fangs frozen. They get Heath to free her & Fangelica tries to sink her fangs into *him* and her face thermometers up all red before Lagoona douses her with water. Clawdeen laughs at a soaked and sullen Fangelica, "shake it off' [shakes like a dog]" we all had trouble fitting in; you'll get the hang of it." Abbey's brow shoot up and she rubs the spot on her back Fangelica hung from and everyone laughs.

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
I don't like the animation.  I'm also confused about Draculaura's outfit.  That's her first day of school outfit and sometimes you see her wearing leggings and sometimes not I wish they would keep one thing and stick with it.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
I'm still not fond of the designs for the animation nor the fact that they threw out all G1 canon history and backgrounds, but that said, the story is interesting.
I also like that it's 11 minutes so there's more time to develop an arc as oppose to cramping a set up, rising action and climax/resolution in just 3 minutes (gotta admire their creativity).
Hope to see more soon.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline textsfrommh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
The crossword that requires watching the series to find the answers can be found here: http://play.monsterhigh.com/Static/apps/downloads/MH_Scavenger_Hunt_PuzzleSheet_v1.pdf

Excitingly, the clues reveal that Abbey, Toralei, Venus, and a new character named Thorna are set to appear. I wonder if they'll have their original voices...

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
So I've looked at a bit of the animation...I didn't think there'd be anything I disliked more than the G1 3D animation, and then this comes along...It doesn't look right when their mouths move! It's like they took a 3D model and slapped a moving 2D mouth on it. >.<

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
So I've looked at a bit of the animation...I didn't think there'd be anything I disliked more than the G1 3D animation, and then this comes along...It doesn't look right when their mouths move! It's like they took a 3D model and slapped a moving 2D mouth on it. >.<

This is my huge problem with it. I can get past it because I am interested in what they are doing with the story, but it's not that good.
Also, I hate how they do Cleo's hair. It bugs me sooo much. It looks like a badly placed wig.

Offline Snow_Leopard

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Yeah, so the animation is super awkward, that's a given. But what I can't get past is that in trying to add more action & adventure to the series, they somehow managed to make it more boring. Since all the extra minutes seemed to bring to the table amounted to filler dialogue between Drac & her Dad. I miss the daily scholastic shenanigans like picture days and proms and science experiments gone awry.

I liked the heavy makeup background zombie girl though.
Timeless beauty cast in plastic.

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
Did they drop Ari?

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Did they drop Ari?
I dun think so.. i think its mostly focusing on the core cast and who they find..

Offline RodimusKnight

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
Put me down as not liking the animation, but have interest in the story itself.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting the link!

Yes, it's new and different than the older animation. There's things I like and things that I wish could be different. That said….

I imagine the Ghoul Squad is to compete with all the 'superhero' and action stuff that's a trend now. How about the shout-out to Charlie's Angels with the Ghoul Squad freeze pose?!?! That the ghouls are going to go and find all these new monsters - well, new doll opportunities! So perhaps MH is going to continue….

I too, liked the backgrounders in the classroom! Hope to see more. I really liked Mr. Dracula - am intrigued by there being another grown-up monster in doll form. (could Mr. Dracula and Bloodgood be a potential dating match? Hmmmmmm)

I liked the Fangelica character, but yeah, would like to see more of her storyline, and it does seem weird that her doll is pink, and a small kid rather than a tween as she appeared in the video. Good idea to put the Fangelica head on an EAH pixie body.

"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile

I too, liked the backgrounders in the classroom! Hope to see more. I really liked Mr. Dracula - am intrigued by there being another grown-up monster in doll form. (could Mr. Dracula and Bloodgood be a potential dating match? Hmmmmmm)

You've broken poor Hexiciah Steam's heart T_T

(lol, seriously though I hope Bloodgood comes back and SOON!)
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline textsfrommh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
Did they drop Ari?
I dun think so.. i think its mostly focusing on the core cast and who they find..

I wonder if the series is set before the climax of Welcome to Monster High, and before Ari and Moanica joined the school. We haven't seen Moanica in this yet either, unless they're saving her for a more dramatic episode.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile

You've broken poor Hexiciah Steam's heart T_T

(lol, seriously though I hope Bloodgood comes back and SOON!)

That would be a good fan fiction - a love triangle amongst the faculty!! Who will Bloodgood choose?!?! I doubt Mattel would make it happen, but it could be a really good story….
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Did they drop Ari?

I wonder if the series is set before the climax of Welcome to Monster High, and before Ari and Moanica joined the school. We haven't seen Moanica in this yet either, unless they're saving her for a more dramatic episode.
Now that you mention her... it seems she has gotten a lot of less releases than when they were trying to shove her down our throats as Ghoulia's cheap replacement.
(I do miss when they were trying to make Skelita their sixth ranger)

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High: Adventures of the Ghoul Squad [E2: By The Beautiful Sea]
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2017, 09:50:10 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Overall, very cute, but I wish they'd have explained some details...

I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2017, 02:58:52 PM »

Offline Claire

• MIB Signature Jackson
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
Re: MH: Adventures of the Ghoul Squad [E2: By The Beautiful Sea]
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2017, 08:39:59 PM »
I haven't watched yet, but the Cleo and sand thing for some reason just reminds me of that 'I don't like sand' Star Wars prequel meme. Of course I think of that dang meme whenever sand is mentioned ANYWHERE. :P

IT'S COARSE, IRRITATING, AND IT GETS EVERYWHERE. XD

Really hoping I can get past the rough animation since the storyline seems really cute. ;____;

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2017, 09:56:29 PM »

Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.