collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Adventures of the Ghoul Squad [E6: Rock and Roll Will Take You to the Rooftops]  (Read 5733 times)

Offline textsfrommh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
Re: MH: Adventures of the Ghoul Squad [E5 (?):*Loud Organ Music*; *A Cat Yowls*]
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2017, 11:50:01 AM »
I don't understand the point of the youtube series if the franchise is basically dead?
are we sure its dead?
I mean im 99.99% convinced EAH has gone the way of the dodo till someone proves me wrong .. but are we SURE monster high is gone?

They're still maintaining their social media sites, and announced some new dolls for 2018, so no, not dead... just resting.

I just hope Mattel are smart enough to capitalise on the series and release some new dolls of the returning characters in their new outfits.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: MH: Adventures of the Ghoul Squad [E5 (?):*Loud Organ Music*; *A Cat Yowls*]
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2017, 12:08:14 PM »
Also I like how Torelai (& the guys, at least Gil, right, I don't remember) is the only one in her original outfit. A doll they'd probably not rerelease keeps her outfit.

Also I don't quite like the new voices for either Torelai or Operetta.
"America's Most Trusted News Source" Fail At Reporting Today's Date

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2017, 01:17:41 PM »
I don't understand the point of the youtube series if the franchise is basically dead?
are we sure its dead?
I mean im 99.99% convinced EAH has gone the way of the dodo till someone proves me wrong .. but are we SURE monster high is gone?

They're still maintaining their social media sites, and announced some new dolls for 2018, so no, not dead... just resting.

I just hope Mattel are smart enough to capitalise on the series and release some new dolls of the returning characters in their new outfits.

I do hope this will help increase interest in the dolls again because the webseries seems to be doing decently so far.

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2017, 04:00:41 PM »
Okay, Tora actually looks pretty cute in this style.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2017, 05:00:16 PM »
Phantom of the Cavern? For real?
Ok, the acoustics are important for her, but a cavern full of diamonds... Ok, I give up. I need to understand and accept that logic stopped driving at least a year ago
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2017, 09:27:59 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r57d9lIHwI

I do like that some times, some ghouls are out of action.

Offline Claire85

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2017, 09:56:14 AM »
So is she not the Phantom of the Opera's daughter anymore? Or do they think that a cavern full of diamonds makes sense?
Cause if it's acoustic's she's looking for.. The cavern is going to be super echoy and awful for acoustics.

They could have made her the "Phantom of the Abandoned Movie Theater". At least it would make more sense both origin and acoustic wise.

Also, not a huge fan of her voice.. Toralei's isn't awful, but Opy's is not the best. Hard to pin point why.

I guess Toralei can't turn into a cat? Was waiting for it when Clawdeen turned into a wolf and Lala into the bat.

But like Morieris said, I am glad that not all of the main ghouls are there on a mission all the time.

Offline sliami

• Monster High Arena
  • Create a Monster
  • RUN THE GHOULS
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2017, 08:55:16 PM »
Also I like how Torelai (& the guys, at least Gil, right, I don't remember) is the only one in her original outfit. A doll they'd probably not rerelease keeps her outfit.

Also I don't quite like the new voices for either Torelai or Operetta.

Through some ninja-level freeze framing, I found that Toralei's gotten a new voice (that is, not America Young) in Paloma Rodriguez--a bilingual voice actress (ENG/ESP) who describes her range as "very young to mid-30s". Sparse IMDB page, but this profile says she's been doing VO for 4 years--newer than a lot of VAs who've been with the series. She also played Maya in Killer Instinct (yeah, I also went "Who in what?", she's a lady in a decent fighting game) for the PS4.

Cindy Robinson is still on as Operetta, though--maybe she's doing a new thing like Derryberry is.

If anyone would like it as proof, here's a snip of the VA roster for this episode:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:01:52 PM by sliami »

Offline Soulspice

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2017, 11:12:19 AM »
The spanish from Spain version LAS AVENTURAS DE LAS MONSTRUO-AMIGAS has so many flaws!!!
When they realize there's diamonds everywhere, the rendering is not done and there's none.
Around Venus' mouth you see white parts, and at the end Operetta directly has no mouth.
In the Abbey episode, when she was throwing ice to the volcano, we could even see some rendering text message on the screen!
This is getting ridicolous. How dare they upload episodes that way???

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »
Holy cow, that's egregious. 
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-AF2zazDs

Looks like we're getting Rochelle this week! I think her new voice is okay, but her new outfit is so lovely.

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2017, 08:25:39 AM »

Looks like we're getting Rochelle this week! I think her new voice is okay, but her new outfit is so lovely.

No more Scaris? Anyway I love the outfit too! I wonder if we'll get a doll with her wearing it? :biggrin:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2017, 10:44:47 AM »

No more Scaris? Anyway I love the outfit too! I wonder if we'll get a doll with her wearing it? :biggrin:

There's no more monster world so it's just her hiding in Paris now.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
That's impressively unimpressive so far on a character and voice standpoint but we shall see!

Offline SpaceCadet

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
"Et tu?"? Rochelle can't even speak French properly? Or maybe she's going for Latin?  :P

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram

Offline textsfrommh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
I really liked this episode. Cleo being Spider-Man, Abbey being delightfully blunt as usual, and I really liked Cassandra Morris' take on Rochelle's voice. I actually think its better than Erin Fitzferald's Rochelle voice.

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+149)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
:roch:  Yay, Rochelle!  :roch:

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Cute episode, although I'm kinda disliking the "let's find guys who we can use" instead of "Let's help people who need our help" like they did with Gil.

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
Aww, Operetta's new look is so cute! I was afraid they might screw her up somehow (Operetta was my first MH doll so she has a special place in my heart <3 ) but I really like that design! Maybe we'll get an (articulated!) doll of her? *crosses fingers*