collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

February 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

Author Topic: When Dolls Make You a Little Crazy  (Read 291 times)

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
When Dolls Make You a Little Crazy
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:13:21 AM »
Finally managed to find a complete signature Ashlynn. I had no intention of buying hunter, but then I read her bookmark and her yearbook page and started feeling guilty, so I thought "I'll just look up her bio and put her with her friends!"

"Lots of people are my friends…Apple White, Raven Queen…but Hunter Huntsman is the only one who really understands me."

"Alright, alright, I'll find Hunter and bring him here!" I think I might have said it out loud (but I sure hope not) Then I spent an hour making her a fancy MirrorPad from cardboard, tin foil, gems, and paint chips so she could "talk" to Hunter until he got here.

Do your dolls ever make you feel crazy or do... things? Do you feel compelled to display them with their friends, or change their outfits if you feel that they dislike them, or find something to cover them up if you need to wash their hair and you don't want them to have to be nude? Any little customs like that or rituals that you feel compelled to carry out?

Please tell me I'm not alone... :drop:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:15:01 AM by FangedPisces »
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scary Cute
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
Re: When Dolls Make You a Little Crazy
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 11:26:50 AM »
You're definitely not alone! I've had a few dolls with glue seepage and the whole time I cared for their messy hair, I not only closed the bathroom door so they wouldn't be seen by everyone but I also brought along the dolls who were fine but are friends with the others so they wouldn't feel left out or have to socialize with dolls who aren't their friends (as if they're talking when I'm not there...?). And then I fashioned little toilet paper dresses for everyone while they dried overnight, all sitting side by side in the bathroom as if enjoying a day at the spa.

I also never make outfits for dolls that I don't think the character would dislike (I even have a spreadsheet of fashion styles and colours for every character) and when the dolls have pets, I always keep them together (I have a Twyla clutching Dustin constantly). I bought a Ghoul Talk Catrine from a girl in Germany and she gave me Catrine's phone, because she kept Rochelle and her phone and told me that even though they were apart, they could still talk over the phone (that Catrine is now an OC and I feel bad for the girl's Rochelle because in my head she's calling a phone and nobody is picking up).

And when I watch a movie or TV series...I turn my collection towards my laptop, so they can watch with me and I pretend we're having a slumber party :redface:

Offline Valadomi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
    • Valadomi on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
Yeah I'm right there with you.. practically haven't left the house without my OC since I made a custom of her, and I make sure she's at least relatively comfortable in my bag, and adjust her if she is lying or sitting awkwardly.. she was sitting on the table on the train the other day while I was crocheting her a blanket... also been known to say little things to her, like apologising if she's been squished or something >.< I'm trying my best not to get carried away, but she just seems so real! it's almost weird not to...

I also totally get the outfits thing. She seemed to choose her own hair atm as well. I wanted it long, she wanted it short, so I gave her a buzzcut and tbh I think we both love it ^.^

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
  • Everyday is Halloween!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »
You are so not alone. I talk to my dolls, I apologize if I knock them over, I ask them what they want. I totally have fun with it, and why not? :D

Online modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fearleader
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 07:35:52 PM »
It’s funny when I get new dolls lol. I kind of rehearse in my head asking them if they would like a different outfit or not. Like with my IHF scarah she “wanted” a sweater dress. I even ask them if they want a wig, new hair, or a restyle :3 ( I think I may even make a hospital room for the broken dolls LOL )
ISO Cupid and Holt’s rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 11:31:59 AM »
If I buy dolls in a multi-pack, or even if I get a loose lot on eBay, I have trouble separating the dolls.  I imagine how long they've been together, and that even though they aren't alive, they're somehow bonded.