collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Embed Flickr photos?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Sirenamber

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Oooh shiny pretty!
    • View Profile
Embed Flickr photos?
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:17:08 AM »
Not sure where to put this but it does affect my customs thread. So thanks to photobuckets blackmail I've switched to Flickr but I have only figured out how to post a link to my photostream. Is there a way to embed photos directly to the thread? I'm having trouble finding that option.
As an aside, mods, will we be updating our posting  code to exclude the photobuckets option or include other options? I'm sure something like that is a process that takes time.

[Moved to Site Support.  Though this affects your ability to post photos of customs, the question itself is not related to customization.  ~SaelaVe, Customs Mod]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:18:38 AM by SaelaVe »

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Embed Flickr photos?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:25:14 AM »
You definitely can embed photos from Flickr.

Go to Flickr and click on the image in your Photostream.  You'll see an icon in the bottom right corner of the image window that looks like a curved arrow pointing to the right.  Click on that to open the Share window. 
Click the "BBCode" tab, choose the size that you would like to post from the drop-down menu, and copy the code in the field.
Paste the code here and you're golden. :)

Offline Sirenamber

• Creative Kitty
  • Oooh shiny pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 02:17:53 PM »
THanks ėll give it a whirl!!

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »
What about a script to automatically embed Instagram pics. A couple other boards I'm on automatically turn them into a picture the same way this board turns image links into images without having to mess with BB Code. It even shows the account the picture comes from and the caption underneath. I found a mod for it.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4059
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:05:36 PM by Wardah »
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline NsMHdolls

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:30:24 AM »
Does anyone know how to embed flickr pics from a mobile device? There is nothing that says "BBcode" on my device. Thanks in advance!
I am now taking commisions for Custom dolls, ponies, handmade ponywear and doll clothes, and handmade pet hooded coats!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »
Does anyone know how to embed flickr pics from a mobile device? There is nothing that says "BBcode" on my device. Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, the BBCode option doesn't exist on either the mobile website or in the Flickr app... but there is a way around this.

Go to your Flickr photostream on your mobile device.  Open up the settings menu (it usually appears as three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the window) and select "Request desktop site".  This will allow you to view the website on your device exactly as it appears on a PC.  You can then use the BBCode method that I described above.

Now, I use an Android device, so depending on what type of device you use it might be a little different.  I believe that on Apple devices you have to tap and hold the Refresh icon and then select "Request desktop site".  So you might have to Google how to do it on your particular device.

There is a Share option in the app, but it doesn't allow you to post BBCode.  It's more useful for sharing the image directly with other social media sites and apps such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

Offline NsMHdolls

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »

Unfortunately, the BBCode option doesn't exist on either the mobile website or in the Flickr app... but there is a way around this.

Go to your Flickr photostream on your mobile device.  Open up the settings menu (it usually appears as three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the window) and select "Request desktop site".  This will allow you to view the website on your device exactly as it appears on a PC.  You can then use the BBCode method that I described above.

Now, I use an Android device, so depending on what type of device you use it might be a little different.  I believe that on Apple devices you have to tap and hold the Refresh icon and then select "Request desktop site".  So you might have to Google how to do it on your particular device.

There is a Share option in the app, but it doesn't allow you to post BBCode.  It's more useful for sharing the image directly with other social media sites and apps such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! It worked perfectly!
I am now taking commisions for Custom dolls, ponies, handmade ponywear and doll clothes, and handmade pet hooded coats!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
Oh good!  I'm so glad that that worked for you. :D