collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: intro from a Monster High Lifer  (Read 353 times)

Offline GhouliasBFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
  • #MonsterHighforUnlife
    • View Profile
intro from a Monster High Lifer
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:17:22 AM »
i bought my 1st MH doll in 2010.  Mattel has had their claws/fangs in me ever since my 1st glimpse of the early lines (DOTD, wave1) on the shelf at the only TRU store in my part of central US. 7 years later, i amassed 100's of dolls, several playsets, a zillion ziplocks of fashions/accessories & a handful of minis.  Ghoulia is the 1st doll I bought for me & i'll collect new (& old) MH releases until...Forever ;) (or until there is literally zero space left inside my spare bedroom) i read quarterly reports at Mattel's site & saw MH sales cool way down in 2015, young mh fans may have aged out & the reboot (even news/glimpes of it) was a very impassioned experience for some collectors, so that rumors of discontinuation persisted even as exciting new versions of dolls & characters & playsets & vinyls continue to hit toy shows & retailers across the globe.  my interest/love of MH has never waned & never will.  i love making time to admire my monsters & toys (much more than taking time for middle aged matters like taxes, laundry & pt job)  i'm so excited to get the Origins 2 pack  Ghoulia & Cleo, SDCC excl (i hope!) & Garden Ghouls #MonsterHighforUnlife

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
Re: intro from a Monster High Lifer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 08:59:16 AM »
Welcome!  Just curious, how old are you?  I'm in my early 50s but I've always loved fashion dolls.  Ever since I was little.  I still have my childhood dolls and have expanded.

Ghoulia is one my faves too, along with Cleo!  Do you have a fave of her?
Or one that you're still trying to find?

We would love to learn more about you!  Hope you enjoy your time here.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline neon_jellyfish

• MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
Welcome to Arena!

I only have sig Ghoulia (planning to get FF and also Origins and Love's Not Dead 2packs, though), but I love her as a character! World needs saving? Leave it to Ghoulia!

Do you collect other doll lines / toys / things?

Offline hathorcat

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 02:01:02 PM »
Welcome to the MH Arena - that sounds like an amazing collection! I hope you have a great time here :)

Offline GhouliasBFF

• Recently Deceased
  • #MonsterHighforUnlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:11:57 PM »
@Wuvmykitties: Hello & thank you for the wonderful reply :) I am early 40's, SO hard to choose a fave...maybe SS or Lab Partners Ghoulia, highly anticipating new generation version of her!  I love my BY Cleo the most & my grail Cleo would be I <3 Fashion, but I'm a bit too frugal to buy her ;)  I only managed to retain 2 Cabbage Patch Kids from childhood.  You're lovely, Lynda, let's keep in contact!

@neon_jellyfish: Thank you for the amazing welcome! Oh you just named all the best Ghoulias! YES she can definitely save the world with the power of her BRAAAINSss. I also collect Funko, vintage SSC & a few Barbie, Living Dead, Pullip, Once Upon a Zombie, some Disney & Star Wars toys & a few Tonner bjd.  EAH too.  Oh I got some DC Super Hero Girls (i strive for maximum nerdiness)

@hathorcat: Thank you so much!  Yes...the size of MH collection keeps my credit score healthly ;)  I'm so happy to become a member of MHA :)

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 12:51:11 AM »
That's an impressive dolly portfolio!