collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Cleo and Ghoulia Origins 2-Pack!  (Read 12291 times)

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Cleo and Ghoulia Origins 2-Pack!
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2017, 07:58:33 AM »
Anyone else's Ghoulia has reddish discoloration in her ears, where those cool metallic arm earrings go?

I'm redressing mine, and though she still had the plastic discs supposed to be protecting her ears from the earrings, when I took them off, both ears and a place on her jaw where the earring was touching the face have reddish marks that don't come off easily!

This is not good. Those of you who have unboxed the pair, can you check to see if it's a common issue? :(

Offline Manster Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
Re: Cleo and Ghoulia Origins 2-Pack!
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2017, 11:15:50 AM »
It's not just this two pack that this happens to. It will happen to ANY metallic accessories touching vinyl plastic. During the manufacturing process all metallic plastic are chromed silver, then they add a coat of whatever colour they want to get the desired effect eg a clear yellow coating to make gold, orange for bronze, red for red, green for green, and blue for blue. Unfortunately these colourants leech into the vinyl heads, leading to discolouring. In order to prevent the leeching I give my metallic accessories a coating of clear nail polish. The only metallic colour that won't stain is silver.
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.