collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Ahoy, me hearties...  (Read 317 times)

Offline CalicoJack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
Ahoy, me hearties...
« on: June 09, 2017, 09:26:15 PM »
Pirate talk for a pirate name! And I'll quit with it now as a little goes a long way.

Hello, I'm CalicoJack, finally getting around to my intro after signing up a couple months back. Took the plunge because this place is an valuable source of info.

I'm a longtime geek who started buying MH dolls as gifts--I grew up loving classic movie monsters and MH was a fun colorful way I could share some of that. Then I started being proactive picking up extra dolls whenever they went on sale. Before I knew it the collector in me took over and was paying just a little too much for sig Operetta NIB...

So now I've got a nice little doll stash that keeps growing. I've thought about customizing on and off the last couple years, but only recently started, mostly doing simple head swaps. Which is why I've been hitting MH Arena pretty often since it's such a great resource.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
Re: Ahoy, me hearties...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »
Ahoy thar matey!  Harrr! ;)

Welcome to our Arena!  I hope you enjoy it here.

How many dolls do you have?  Got a fave?

Looking forward to learning more about you. :)
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline CalicoJack

• Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
At a guess I'd say I've got about 30 MH/EAH dolls still in the box and another 15-20 loose/bait dolls. Storage is becoming an issue as I keep picking up smashed box deals off Amazon.

My favorite character hands down is Operetta. The rockabilly thing just makes her stand out from the rest. I think I've got 80% of her releases. I'm also a fan of Twyla--she reminds me of Daria which I used to watch all the time. My single favorite doll is probably 13 Wishes Lagoons, her outfit isn't the best but her color scheme is great.

Right now I'm playing around with head swapping the basic Hasbro Disney Princess dolls onto MH/EAH bodies. I want to have them match size-wise & give them actual articulation!

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 01:49:49 PM »
Oh I definitely want to see that!  I'm always doing rebodies, or what some call "hybrids."  I have a Descendants doll head that I obtained on eBay, on a fakie MH body.  I have debated putting the Hasbro Disney Princesses on EAH ones but wasn't sure if they could blend in with the other students.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline ElsaIcySnowflake

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • one with the wind and sky...
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 05:11:16 PM »
Hi and welcome! I don't have a Twyla (yet) but I do really like her:) She's one of my favorites I don't have. I don't know how headswapping the Hasbro Disney princesses will work, but I have all of my Disney classic dolls set up with my MH/EAH ones and I find that they look cute together, at least imo. Good luck customizing!:)
MH: Signature Rochelle, 17" Elissabat, Kjersti, SRM Lagoona, Cleo, 17" Gooliope
EAH: Crystal Winter, Foxanne, WTW Kitty Cheshire

~ElsaIcySnowflake :)
My blog: http://dollsdisneyrollercoasters.blogspot.com/