collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 487 times)

Offline Vogue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: May 25, 2017, 06:10:01 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Eve, I'm 27 and I'm originally from Canada, but now I live in California. I've been working at Blizzard Entertainment for almost 3 years as of this June.

I started collecting Monster High dolls probably around mid to late 2011. I happened across a display at a store one day and I immediately fell in love with them, as the whole concept appeals to me a heck of a lot. My favourite character for the longest time was Operetta, but when Skelita popped up she immediately became my new favourite. I absolutely LOVE her design.

For reasons I honestly cannot remember, I stopped collecting for a little while. But the last few months I found myself having to go to the hospital quite often and my boyfriend got me the Zomby Gaga doll to try and cheer me up because he knows how much I adore Lady Gaga. Needless to say it worked, and after that it completely reignited my love for Monster High and the urge to get some of the newer characters. I have moved quite a few times since I started collecting so the majority of my dolls are still in storage, but I would say I have close to about 20 or so as of right now.

I also started collecting those adorable Minis as well, and this site has been great for finding info on them as well as anything else to do with MH as a whole, so I'm glad to be here and it's very nice to meet you all. :)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 06:44:32 AM »
Welcome and how sweet of you boyfriend to get a doll. I would rather a doll instead of flowers any day.

Lucky you to trade in the Canadian weather for California. Who is you favorite character?

Offline Vogue

• Stiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »
Welcome and how sweet of you boyfriend to get a doll. I would rather a doll instead of flowers any day.

Lucky you to trade in the Canadian weather for California. Who is you favorite character?
Thank you for the kind words! I absolutely agree with you. :D

I honestly can never decide, almost every character has a place in my heart. But I probably have to say lately it's a very close tie between Skelita and River Styxx. They're both too cute!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time doll enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:14:01 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, Vogue! :D

Okay, I have to ask... what do you do at Blizzard?  I'm thoroughly intrigued. lol  I'm a massive game-addict and Blizzard is one of my favorite developers so, you just made a fan. lol

That is such a cute story about how you got Zomby Gaga and how she reignited your love for MH. <3  I love collectors' tales like that. ^.^

We're really glad that you've joined us here and can't wait to chat and get to know you better. :hug:
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline Vogue

• Stiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, Vogue! :D

Okay, I have to ask... what do you do at Blizzard?  I'm thoroughly intrigued. lol  I'm a massive game-addict and Blizzard is one of my favorite developers so, you just made a fan. lol

That is such a cute story about how you got Zomby Gaga and how she reignited your love for MH. <3  I love collectors' tales like that. ^.^

We're really glad that you've joined us here and can't wait to chat and get to know you better. :hug:
Aww, hello! Thank you very much. I'm an artist on World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm. Raids and dungeons, and lots and lots of hero skin concepts are the majority of what I do, but I dabble around in other stuff in those games as well. :)

Offline TheQueenofKawaii

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • TQoK Studio
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 12:07:03 AM »
Aww, hello! Thank you very much. I'm an artist on World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm. Raids and dungeons, and lots and lots of hero skin concepts are the majority of what I do, but I dabble around in other stuff in those games as well. :)

Okay, you are my new favorite person.  Hello and welcome to the forums.  Even though I don't have a computer capable of playing the games (being that my computer is 10 years old), I'm obsessed with checking out the new characters designs and lore updates with each new Overwatch event.   The skins are always a delight and I love seeing the flow of fanart and fan ideas that pop up when the cool character skins come out. 

Anyway, if you need any help feel free to poke me and I will do my best to help.  I don't bite and I won't "fangirl" at you.  I'm here to help any collector the best I can.
Check out my etsy shop for cute custom doll outfits.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TQoKStudio

Offline Vogue

• Stiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »

Okay, you are my new favorite person.  Hello and welcome to the forums.  Even though I don't have a computer capable of playing the games (being that my computer is 10 years old), I'm obsessed with checking out the new characters designs and lore updates with each new Overwatch event.   The skins are always a delight and I love seeing the flow of fanart and fan ideas that pop up when the cool character skins come out. 

Anyway, if you need any help feel free to poke me and I will do my best to help.  I don't bite and I won't "fangirl" at you.  I'm here to help any collector the best I can.
Thanks so much, hello to you as well. That's really kind of you to say. :) I certainly don't mind any fangirling - it comes with the territory and I love people being so passionate.