collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Goals & Small Steps - A Weekly Check-In to Move Forward  (Read 2958 times)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: Goals & Small Steps - A Weekly Check-In to Move Forward
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
neon_jellyfish, I like your water rules! Lagoona would be proud!  lol

I also like the doodling idea - kudos for reclaiming your creativity, it's a muscle that needs attention like any other….

I'm happy to report I got the dog laundry done at the laundromat yesterday! Woot!

So my goals for this week include:

1) Catch up on dishes and laundry (last week was feeling tired and under the weather, so things got a bit out of hand, lol)
2) Chalk paint a small bookcase (maybe formerly was a CD/DVD shelf unit? Found it in the alley, perfect shape and just needs cleaning/painting) and put it in the bedroom for doll display
3) Finish chalk painting the small stool and also do the lap desk

Have a lovely week!
Lisa
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »
Ha! Work ended up consuming all available time and attention last week, so last week's goals roll over to THIS week!

1) Catch up on dishes and laundry
2) Chalk paint a small bookcase (maybe formerly was a CD/DVD shelf unit? Found it in the alley, perfect shape and just needs cleaning/painting) and put it in the bedroom for doll display
3) Finish chalk painting the small stool and also do the lap desk

In other small goal news, I DID get my Battat pony out of our storage unit and actually took a few pictures! Here's one!
Mojo & Simone by Lisa, on Flickr

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 01:27:01 AM »
That's awesome photo, DogMom! The pony has perfect size for MH dolls!

I managed to doodle everyday, I've been using great book - One Zentangle A Day by Beckah Krahula. Second Half of the week was migraine fest, so other goals remained untouched and transferred to this week. I'll continue with water and doodling, but we'll be visiting my cousin's family for weekend, so I don't think I'll be able to do much else...

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2017, 05:29:31 AM »
I hope your family visit is enjoyable, neon_jellyfish! Sorry to hear about the migraines, that's sucky.

BTW - that Clawdeen is one of the 17" ones - so the pony is BIG. He's sized for the Our Generation dolls, the Target version of American Girl.   :biggrin:

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2017, 09:42:18 AM »
I hope your family visit is enjoyable, neon_jellyfish! Sorry to hear about the migraines, that's sucky.

BTW - that Clawdeen is one of the 17" ones - so the pony is BIG. He's sized for the Our Generation dolls, the Target version of American Girl.   :biggrin:

Wow, that's one big pony!

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2017, 11:52:47 AM »

Wow, that's one big pony!

Yes! I sent that pic to a friend, her hubs saw it and thought the Clawdeen was the 11" size, he said the pony seemed bigger in the pic without a rider, lol. Then she told him it was one of the 17" dolls!

Offline Sarkans

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 03:48:58 AM »
Wow, DogMom, your pony is so lifelike, maybe with the exception of the hooves. Especially his eyes are amazing!

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 04:50:35 AM »
Having a bad week, auntie Migraine and auntie Insomnia are prolonging their stay... But I decided to participate in Inktober 2017 challenge, it's about making and posting one ink drawing every day of October. Also, I'm washing my windows tomorrow.

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2017, 08:53:52 AM »
Wow, DogMom, your pony is so lifelike, maybe with the exception of the hooves. Especially his eyes are amazing!

Thanks, Sarkans - I agree, those white hooves are weird. I kinda wonder if he wasn't supposed to have white on the 'hair' area, above the hooves, and the factory mis-applied the white? Yes, they will eventually get repainted to be more realistic.

Having a bad week, auntie Migraine and auntie Insomnia are prolonging their stay... But I decided to participate in Inktober 2017 challenge, it's about making and posting one ink drawing every day of October. Also, I'm washing my windows tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about the migraine/insomnia, neon_jellyfish! That sucks! The Inktober challenge sounds intriguing - is there any particular size specification, like with art cards?

My goals for this week:

1) Catch up on dishes and laundry (a-gain!)
2) Organize my work stuff into labelled files
3) Rearrange the bedroom dresser area - move dog bed to new location, put in small shelving unit, organize dolls on it

Onward!   :biggrin:

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2017, 03:41:41 AM »

Sorry to hear about the migraine/insomnia, neon_jellyfish! That sucks! The Inktober challenge sounds intriguing - is there any particular size specification, like with art cards?

Inktober is centered around ink drawings, but other than that, it's completely up to you! Size, art style... everything. There's an official list of prompts, but that's there to help with lack of inspiration, it's completely optional. I follow it, because I like comparing how different people see same prompts in different ways, but some people don't follow the list or they make their own list instead. I'm making 12x8 cm cards, because I know I wouldn't be able to make big illustration every day, so it's mostly to help me actually complete the challenge  :)

I have a flu, so no goals for me this week, other than getting healthy again.

Hang in there, DogMom! I swear, dishes and laundry waiting to be done are the only certitudes in this ever-changing universe...

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
Awww, hope you feel better soon, neon_jellyfish!! Vitamin C, bed rest, hydration!

Yeah, the dishes and laundry - ugh. You gotta always be vigilant or I think they breed in the night and there's extras in the morning!

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2017, 06:01:43 PM »
I'm pleased I got my #3 item from last week done! I chalk-painted an alley find shelving unit, a small one that was probably a 90s CD shelf, it's pretty solid. Color is a light taupe, but I left the shelves the original finish, an 'oak' wood. Rearranged small bedroom dressers, put Bella's (dog) bed in a new spot (she loves the new spot!), and put the little shelving unit in place and DOLLS on it! Has enough height for 3 doll shelves inside it, plus some on the top.

Somehow, I always think a storage option will hold more than it actually does??? Anyway, looks great, and am happy to have that done. Had a wonderful Sunday afternoon out on the deck painting, too!

My goals for this week:

1) Catch up on dishes and laundry (still!)
2) Organize my work stuff into labelled files
3) Weather permitting, paint more stuff outside on deck

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2017, 01:28:37 AM »
Congrats on new (or like new again) dolly shelf!

I re-planted my orchids, and I've succesfully kept the water and doodling habits. I didn't touch the necklace though. I'm still not completely healthy, so aside from keeping drawing and drinking water, I only have one goal - put my new bathroom shelf together and 'inhabit' it (there's no storage unit in my bathroom, so everything is in boxes placed on washing machine).

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2017, 02:04:21 PM »
Thanks, neon_jellyfish! Hope your bathroom shelving adventure went well!

It's Sunday but I'm doing stuff today so thought I'd get a head start on the week….one thing I did today was go through a box of financial paper stuff and was able to put most of it into a bag for shredding! Yay!

So this week:
* Get my stuff organized for a local BJD megameet - doll(s), outfits, props, anything for sale

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Create a Monster
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
Hey can I participate?  :biggrin:
It's Sunday but a day before my birthday so I'm not sure if I'll get this done tomorrow :0
I would like to
* Finish clawdeen repaint ( possibly reroot too )
* get 4 essays done for my English class and have 6/10 done before the due date of 11/13/17
* Start my customs thread and finish a small doll room with my poster board and scrapbook paper.

I have to at LEAST get my essays done and clawdeen repaint but the weekend will probably be good for the other one hehe
ISO Cupid and operetta's rings.

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2017, 08:18:16 AM »
I need to update here, haha!
I got a DFit (it's sorta like a FitBit, but cheaper), so keeping track of my steps and progress is more fun! :D
Also drinking more water, I try and down atleast one liter a day.
Been customizing more and more, also gotten back into art. :)
Oh, and I've moved. xD
I do daily v-logs on my YT, too! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3NYp9WXc808blRylO3xsJg

Offline neon_jellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2017, 03:38:18 AM »
Whenever I pick goals for this thread, I never get them done, but I manage to do other things that I didn't plan on doing, hehe.

Bathroom shelving is done and I also reorganized bookshelves and dollshelves.

This week I'm going to make room for my new toaster and get my little window garden ready for winter. I also need to mend some clothes.

I have to think about my water rule, because It's getting cold in here (and my heating has a mind of its own) and drinking water is making me feel really cold, as I'm unable to drink room-temperature water.