collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[21] 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: I'm Getting Nefera De Nile (signature G1)  (Read 651 times)

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
I'm Getting Nefera De Nile (signature G1)
« on: May 18, 2017, 05:56:07 PM »
So every so often I check amazon for certain G1 signature dolls, which I really want but are way too much money, usually overpriced I think.  One of those dolls is Nefera De Nile.  I remember when G1 Monster High first came out and I got word of it I think through the MLP Arena but in an off topic section or something.  I went to the website and saw some of the webisodes and was hooked.  One day I went to the mall and went to Target and wanted to see the dolls in person.  At the time the first wave of dolls was pretty much done which was the signatures for pretty much the same characters you see in the webisodes.  I saw signature Draculaura and Nefera.

I remember at first I didn't like Nefera, because of her bad attitude so I picked Draculaura.  Some months later I decided Nefera was pretty cool but by then she wasn't in stores anymore and I think she was probably priced around $100 which I thought was too much for a doll that was probably originally $20-something.

Long story short I checked amazon this week for Nefera and the cheapest I found was $78.90 new in box, from a third party seller.  I've been seeing $200 -  $400 mostly for starting prices.  The seller is at 100% feedback so I couldn't pass that up.  As soon as I could I bought an amazon gift card and got the doll.  It also said she has 3 available before I bought this one.  After shipping she was $83.39 and yes she charged me $5.49 for shipping.  She wasn't fulfilled by amazon but I feel like if something is charged past a certain amount the seller should offer free shipping.

It's estimated she'll arrive by Saturday and they need signature confirmation which is smart but it's so annoying, because I have to wait for the mail to arrive before I can do anything.  I'm a little worried about the condition.  Even though the seller did say she was new in the box, I wonder how banged up the box will be since it's probably been sitting on a shelf since who knows how long.  Granted I do plan on taking her out of the box but I hope the doll won't be banged up too.

So yeah I realized I spent a lot but I have never seen Nefera on amazon priced that cheap so I'm very happy.

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Getting Nefera De Nile (signature G1)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:00:13 PM »
Congratulations, Majesty! Have fun with her!

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:44:09 PM »
Congratulations Majesty! Nefera is a stunner! How fitting to get such a statuesque ghoul from (ahem)...Amazon.

:haha:
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 10:41:49 PM »
Congratulations Majesty! Nefera is a stunner! How fitting to get such a statuesque ghoul from (ahem)...Amazon.

:haha:

Well said

It is so exciting to get One doll you want so so bad

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »
Congrats Majesty!  Will this be your first Nefera?
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 03:14:11 PM »
Congrats Majesty!  Will this be your first Nefera?
She's actually my second.  My first was Boo York Nefera but when I downsized my collection again I got rid of her but I later regretted it.  I can always buy another one if I really wanted to.  I have the Boo York Nefera MH viny too.  I stare at it and it makes my regret worse. LOL.  If I could choose though I'd rather have the signature one.

Thanks on the congrats everyone. :)  I received her in the mail today and despite the fact that it said signature required they still delivered it.  Nobody was home, everyone was working so I expected to see a note on the door.
I'm happy that I got the doll today instead of having to wait for another delivery attempt or in worse case having to pick it up at the post office

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 03:56:16 PM »
Cool!  There's nothing like getting a new doll in the mail.  It's almost like Christmas. LOL
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 07:52:34 AM »
So I unboxed her today.  She's so tall compared to my other monster high dolls.  Is she the tallest?
I mean besides the frightfully tall ghouls.  Also, I noticed her legs are loose.  Like if I move them back and forth they seem more flimsy than they should be.  I looked under her dress at the leg joints and they seem to be connected properly.  Is this normal with this doll?