collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Ameyal's stuff (Miraculous Inspired)  (Read 2165 times)

Online Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Ameyal's stuff (Miraculous Inspired)
« on: May 15, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »
Mini custom, but I want to share :p
I know it's not something new and other people have done this before, but still...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I got budget Daring(The EW two pack was never available in my zone).

I'm not going to pretend It wouldn't have been better a "normal" release of him, but since he is basically half the price of the other guys, I'm  not going to complain. Plus, he is actually kind of nice looking. If you only want him for a display piece, there is really no need to customize him. I was fairly surprised that he actually has a waist joint, something the regular guys don't have.

A little parenthesis. The budget line cut Briar but has Ashlynn, and I find it interesting how the girls get a fabric skirt while Daring gets a fabric shirt. It would have been a bit more interesting if this was a swinsuit line and they gave him molded trunks so he would be more redressable, but oh well.
Another thing I found interesting is the translation... in spanish(And portuguese, I think), EAH is the
place where Princesses are Brave.

Here he is with all his stuff. Again, I'm glad the crown wasn't molded into his head, and the addition of the mirror was nice of them. But then again, the lack of articulation means he can't actually use it :p

Anyway, I wanted Daring to have more articulation, and my options were:
Another EAH guy
Liv Jake
Articulated Ken
Articulated Disney prince
My Scene guy
Descendants guy.
Mansters(Deuce or Jackson)

Of all of them, I had to eliminate some because they were very unique(I only have one Liv Jake), too expensive to replace(ALL of the Descendants), definitively not compatible, either because a different skintone or way too different bodies(The Mansters and my Articulated prince are too pale, the MS guys are too big and have a weird neck peg) so that left me with Ken and EAH.
I thought he was the same skintone as Alistari, but they're not. Alistair is more of a peachy tone, while Daring is more tan. He's a perfect match for a standard Ken.

And so, Daring was given a new body.
Please do note, that while the skintone is nearly perfect, the neckhole of Daring is a bit smaller, so you need some work to fit him in his new body(... or heat the head, something I didn't do, but that might also make the hair piece a bit loose) and he looses some articulation. He can be posed to see to the sides(carefully) but having him look up and down will be more challenging.
I do neew to find something to combine better with his silly shirt, or at least make him something long sleeved.

But he looks so much better! The only other con is that he ended up a bit taller than the other boys, but not by muc... just about half an inch, it is still beliavable, specially since he is older than the other boys.

Charming Family Picture! (I don't have Darling, so I'm going to pretend she's the one who took the picture)

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:19:00 PM by Ameyal »

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
Re: Daring's new body
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
Nice!  When you say standard Ken, do you mean Fashionistas Ken?  I know so many Ken dolls have little to no articulation.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Online Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 03:02:15 PM »
Nice!  When you say standard Ken, do you mean Fashionistas Ken?  I know so many Ken dolls have little to no articulation.
Oh, sorry, yes, it's a Fashionista body(I think...) by standard I meant is a caucasian blonde Ken, no collector, Ryan, Blaine, A.A. etc. (Although I think Ryan is the same skintone)

Offline EvilCupcake

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »
Kala is still legless, but my budget Daring has a new body!
If anyone is curious all you need to give Daring a little bit more movement
is (cutie) Ken Fashionistas body. Colour match and proportions are perfect!

In my case it was Ken fashionistas cutie. :)

Online Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
Kala is still legless, but my budget Daring has a new body!
If anyone is curious all you need to give Daring a little bit more movement
is (cutie) Ken Fashionistas body. Colour match and proportions are perfect!

In my case it was Ken fashionistas cutie. :)
Oooh, so it was you who made the body swap first, I couldn't find it before, thanks for the inspiration!

I also had no idea that Fashionistas had names :p

Also, out of curiosity, what did your Daring ended up wearing?

Offline EvilCupcake

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 01:54:31 AM »
I found a pair of white Ken shoes and blue jeans, that match Daring's original look really well, but still need to fix something other than this sleeveless shirt. In other words, he's dressed similar to yours, but with blue t-shirt under the one he came with. :)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:14:18 AM »
Great body swap.  He looks so much better with regular legs and jeans and shoes.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 10:36:40 AM »
He looks awesome, Ameyal! :D
:brr: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :brr:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Online Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 07:12:56 PM »
Thanks!
I was sorting through my guys and decided another body swap

I had two Dexters and several baity Jacksons, so I thought what the heck and switched them. I'm not sure I like how Dexter looks in the MH body, although is probably because the clothes now look huge(I would adjust them if I had another set), but I definitively like how Jackson looks. The bigger body makes his sharp features look more appropiate.

I also gave Daring a jacket.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 06:55:14 AM »
I just bought a WTMH Deuce just for his body, and maybe I should try putting a Dexter head on him.  Reboot Deuce has a more muscular body, so he might be able to wear EAH clothes better?
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline snowblossum

• Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 07:26:51 AM »
Thanks!

I had two Dexters and several baity Jacksons, so I thought what the heck and switched them. I'm not sure I like how Dexter looks in the MH body, although is probably because the clothes now look huge(I would adjust them if I had another set), but I definitively like how Jackson looks. The bigger body makes his sharp features look more appropiate.

Just use straight pins to adjust the fit of the clothes and that way you get the look you want and don't sacrifce the outfit

Online Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 10:57:09 PM »
I just bought a WTMH Deuce just for his body, and maybe I should try putting a Dexter head on him.  Reboot Deuce has a more muscular body, so he might be able to wear EAH clothes better?
Oooh, I hadn't thought of that!
Sadly, that particular line hasn't appeared in my city :c but once I get him, I'll totally check that. If their skins aren't compatible, I might try that with Alistair to get more variety.

Thanks!

Just use straight pins to adjust the fit of the clothes and that way you get the look you want and don't sacrifce the outfit
But that will get the clothes full of little holes(I think) :/

I'm going to use this thread for my new customs(However many that might be)
Like I said, I was checking my baities and since I have several Deuces, I decided to try to customize one of the heads... or at least experiment a bit.

I'm giving Deuce green hair to make him the Son of the Sea Witch(Maybe?)
I'm only punching holes with a huge needle and then rooting the yarn with a smaller needle with a knot method. I don't know how effective it will be, but hey, experimenting. I got the inspiration from here:
http://www.nonaptime.com/2015/06/experiment-rerooting-with-yarn/
And I say inspiration because there are not instructions or anything on how to do it >_>
Again, I'm doing it "on the go", so I have no plans and no pattern :D :p

Online Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Ameyal's stuff Part 2: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »
A new custom has arrived!
Meet ... uhm... err... ...
The nameless Scarecrow...
Remember my experiments trying to make a little brother? Yeah, neither did I, until I found the body long abandoned, and decided to finally do something about it
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,8483.0.html < The thread in question.
I basically reshaped an Operetta into a boy-esque shape, but being my first time, I made lot of mistakes and burned some of the plastic. (Also wow, he wasa a WIP for a year D: )

Most of the process was the same as for my Hoodude:
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,7485.0.html

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:32:31 PM by Ameyal »

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Ameyal's stuff (06/25 Scarecrow Little Brother)
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 04:09:31 PM »
He is *adorable*, and I love the backstory you gave him! He turned out really, really well, his stitched smile and the hemp knots are great details!

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 06:20:21 PM »
He was super scary looking until you gave him clothes!  He looks great and I love the backstory, very creative!

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »
I thought from the original image of naked operetta that I wasn't going to like whatever would become of it, but I LOVE him!  He looks so earnest and reminds me legitimately of the original illustrations of the Scarecrow and Scraps the Patchwork Girl from the Wizard of Oz books.  He could practically be their son.  Great job!
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 07:12:24 PM »
Oh that is terrifying in all the right ways!  Great job, Ameyal! :D
:brr: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :brr:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Online Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 08:42:16 PM »
I modified the last of his backstory, mainly his powers, and now he has a crush on Twyla, who he can see eye to eye.

He is *adorable*, and I love the backstory you gave him! He turned out really, really well, his stitched smile and the hemp knots are great details!
Thanks! I have to admit I gave him the stitch smile because I cut a mouth *before* tighting the neck, and made him look like he had a perma jawdrop.

He was super scary looking until you gave him clothes!  He looks great and I love the backstory, very creative!
A friend of mine asked me why was I making a voodoo doll :s hahaha
thanks!

I thought from the original image of naked operetta that I wasn't going to like whatever would become of it, but I LOVE him!  He looks so earnest and reminds me legitimately of the original illustrations of the Scarecrow and Scraps the Patchwork Girl from the Wizard of Oz books.  He could practically be their son.  Great job!
Thanks! I wasn't sure I would be able to pull this one, but I'm very pleased with the result. And I *love* the effect of the felt, I might try a scarecrow girl or a raggedy dolls(I can't think of anything else)
I hadn't seen those ilustrations, but now I'm obligated to make a similar outfit for him! I think he can also pull a double duty and attend EAH as the son of the Scarecrow :p

Oh that is terrifying in all the right ways!  Great job, Ameyal! :D
Thanks!

Now, as pun names go, I just don't want to make a "Scare" "Crow" one, so I'm thinking naming him either Gustraw(Gustave) or Haydrien(Adrien)

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »
I vote for Haydrian; that is supremely clever!
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Online Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 10:14:28 PM »
I vote for Haydrian; that is supremely clever!
I think I'm gonna go a step above and steal completely the name of Chat Noir and name him "Haydrien Agreste" :p

I got a MtM Barbie and a Liv Jake, one thing led to another, and now I have a MtM Ken, because Jake's head looked HUGE next to Barbie.
They are insanely fun to pose(Although I need to make a yoga outfit for Ken)
I don't want to give them proper names in case I decide to use the bodies for other characters, but I'm very pleased with them for now :D