collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Reboots, Remakes, and Revivals oh my!  (Read 4641 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: Reboots, Remakes, and Revivals oh my!
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »
I know it's a bit different than the other things mentioned in this thread, but the original did come out in 1997... I'm eagerly awaiting the Final Fantasy VII Remake. I love everything I've seen of it so far, and I cannot wait to play the first game in it. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
I think the Final Fantasy VII remake was the beginning of the hype train for me, lol.  My sister is afraid it's not going to work, but Square puts a lot of heart into anything Final Fantasy VII, especially when it comes to pleasing fans.  I need to get a PS4 before it comes out, but the Switch has my attention right now.

I think people expecting it to be just like the original will be disappointed by it, but from everything we've seen and learned about it, (which at this point honestly isn't too much) I really think I'm going to enjoy it. I mean I still get goosebumps watching the E3 2015 reveal trailer, to this day. :lol:

It will be, in the very least, something to drool over graphically. XD

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline CoolCoxi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bad Box Hair
  • The Coolest Coxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 06:27:17 AM »
What about 90s fashion?  I really miss baggy pants and big chunky heels.  I had this one pair of shoes, platform sneakers with a big chunky heel that were shiny white with two silver stripes on each side.  I miss those shoes. *sigh*  Plaid flannel shirts do seem to be back in style lately though.  I am feeling the 90s nostalgia.

90's fashion has definitely made it's comeback. I don't think you have been seeing some the HUGE platform boots making waves right now. I've been thinking of getting a pair myself, but they so expensive. Chokers, iron-on buttons, over size shirts are everything in the teen market right now. But! As quickly as it came, it is coming slowly out of style, and trust me, by 2020, 00' fashion will be back. I've already seen on a few millennial fashion stores. They're calling it the "Early internet culture "or something. I'm so stoked for it.
And as for plaid flannel shirts, ehhhh... I have one. It's pretty popular among the girls at my school. But, and I don't mean to be rude, I stopped wearing mine after I heard that it's like, a stereotype that lesbians wear flannel a lot. I am gay, but in the closet, mostly, stepping out. I just like, didn't like the idea that my clothes were screaming that I'm gay to other people. Not everyone likes that here.  ^^;
So for me flannel shirts are bit of a cheap entry level start into true 90's fashion. But the 90's have had it's run, fun while it lasted.

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 06:49:30 AM »
I know it's a bit different than the other things mentioned in this thread, but the original did come out in 1997... I'm eagerly awaiting the Final Fantasy VII Remake. I love everything I've seen of it so far, and I cannot wait to play the first game in it. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
I think the Final Fantasy VII remake was the beginning of the hype train for me, lol.  My sister is afraid it's not going to work, but Square puts a lot of heart into anything Final Fantasy VII, especially when it comes to pleasing fans.  I need to get a PS4 before it comes out, but the Switch has my attention right now.

I think people expecting it to be just like the original will be disappointed by it, but from everything we've seen and learned about it, (which at this point honestly isn't too much) I really think I'm going to enjoy it. I mean I still get goosebumps watching the E3 2015 reveal trailer, to this day. :lol:

It will be, in the very least, something to drool over graphically. XD

I agree, it's really not going to be the original with new graphics and voices, but that's what people are expecting.  There's going to be changes and cuts, even though they say they want to stay true to the original experience, and they will as long as they keep the core storyline aspects.  And I know there were some translation errors, like Tseng's survival, that needs to be addressed.

I've seen people saying if it has any nods to anything else in the VII universe, (Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Dirge, Advent Children), they won't play it, but it's canon so I expect some nods towards at least Crisis Core.  I loved it, and would love some acknowledgement of it.  I also kind of hope/expect they show
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline desdisques

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Fashion Pack
  • Tall doll lover
    • View Profile
    • Dollulus
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 02:48:01 PM »
1. It makes me feel old!
2. I'm not really into the Disney stuff but I might watch some Nickelodeon remakes.
3. I also feel some level of grumpy old man-ness with changes they make on these things. I know it's silly because of course they are going to change things, but can't help the feeling.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:34:56 PM by desdisques »

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 03:55:33 PM »
1. It makes me feel old!
3. I also feel some lovely of grumpy old man-ness with changes they make on these things. I know it's silly because of course they are going to change things, but can't help the feeling.

(shakes fist) "You kids get off my lawn!"

The ultimate Grumpy Old Man quote...   :haha:
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline desdisques

• Fashion Pack
  • Tall doll lover
    • View Profile
    • Dollulus
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 04:37:00 PM »
1. It makes me feel old!
3. I also feel some lovely of grumpy old man-ness with changes they make on these things. I know it's silly because of course they are going to change things, but can't help the feeling.

I'm like.....back in my day Littlest Pet Shops had normal sized heads and eyes! Back in my day we had real animation, only Toy Story was CGI.

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »
1. It makes me feel old!

I'm like.....back in my day Littlest Pet Shops had normal sized heads and eyes! Back in my day we had real animation, only Toy Story was CGI.

Ahhhh...real animation...I remember it well!! lol
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Shuga

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Too busy playing with my dolls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 12:43:52 PM »
Anyone else notice Betty Spaghetti got rebooted? xD

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 03:32:06 PM »
Anyone else notice Betty Spaghetti got rebooted? xD

I saw some toys in TJ Maxx yesterday! I was like "....huh! Nice surprise."

I wish Mattel would reboot Ello.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 11:55:22 AM »
I haven't been following this thread really, but I saw Wonder Woman with my dad and sister the other day. My dad's a Wonder Woman fan but he thought it was too long (old man lol), but my sister and I LOVED it! Soon as the credits started to roll my sister turned to my dad and said "THAT WAS SO GOOD!"

Of course some jackass spoiled the ending in a comment thread of a meme page I follow on FB (of all the places, right??) but I still enjoyed the ride. :)

My new life goal is to someday be as hot as Gal Gadot

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Voltageous
  • Voltage!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toybox
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 06:21:01 PM »
I haven't been following this thread really, but I saw Wonder Woman with my dad and sister the other day. My dad's a Wonder Woman fan but he thought it was too long (old man lol), but my sister and I LOVED it! Soon as the credits started to roll my sister turned to my dad and said "THAT WAS SO GOOD!"

Of course some jackass spoiled the ending in a comment thread of a meme page I follow on FB (of all the places, right??) but I still enjoyed the ride. :)

My new life goal is to someday be as hot as Gal Gadot
She sure is kickass isn't she?! Girl crush lol. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully tomorrow we'll go.

Another remake...The Mummy, again. I love the remake with Brendan Fraiser and have not seen good reviews online about this newest one.

I have been pretty skeptical the last few years where toys have been concerned. Remade LPS were a letdown with their bobble heads. I liked Puppy/Kitty in My Pocket better then too. Some things I wish I would've jumped on when they were remade like PJ Sparkles and Cupcake Dolls. It amazesme that Teddy Ruxpin is/has made a comeback, at least I thought so.

Main Wishlist* Dolly Wishlist*LPS Wishlist*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone in Rocky Balboa. "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal