collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 512 times)

Offline Kalico

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: March 25, 2017, 10:18:58 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Kalico and I'm new to the Arena. I'm a 26 year old artist from the midwest usa. I like drawing animals, nature, fantasy, and science fiction. I'm really easygoing and I like to promote a creative atmosphere. I stumbled across this forum while looking at pictures of Monster High dolls and I though it would be a cool place to chat with others that enjoy MH dolls too. I have been collecting dolls since November 2014. I think it's funny that I have mostly liked animals and dragons more than dolls, but they finally reeled me in!

The characters that first made me want to collect MH are Avea Trotter and Sirena von Boo. I really like the creativity that went into designing them and those caught my monster eye. My favorite lines so far are the Freaky Fusion and Haunted series. Some of my other favorite character designs include Toralei, Spectra, Skelita, Jinafire, Elle Eedee, and Lagoona. I like how there is a lot of diversity and different body types including the centaurs and mermaids. I also collect various Ever After High, Pokemon, and My Little Pony.

In the future I will try to post some pictures of my collection, I have around 80 monsters trapped in my closet. I'd like to get into customizing my dolls at some point, I have some cool ideas planned. The Arena looks like a fun place to hang out and bounce ideas around and I look forward to chatting with fellow monsters. See you around!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time doll enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:46:22 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, Kalico!

I would love to see your collection some day.  Eighty dolls!  Wow!

We're so glad that you've joined us and we hope that you love it here as much as we do! :biggrin:
:leaves: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :leaves:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline Kalico

• Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 04:47:35 PM »
Thank you SaelaVe! I'm happy to be here. :)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »
Welcome what type of customizing would you like to create?

Offline Kalico

• Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »
Thanks snowblossum! I would like to try repainting faces, sewing clothing, and making extra accessories out of apoxie sculpt and different materials. I'll have to do more research on what materials to use, but customizing some dolls looks like a lot of fun!

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 04:39:52 AM »
Thanks snowblossum! I would like to try repainting faces, sewing clothing, and making extra accessories out of apoxie sculpt and different materials. I'll have to do more research on what materials to use, but customizing some dolls looks like a lot of fun!

Being an artist you will have great skills and creative skills. Looking forward to seeing your customs