collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 3
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: More merchandise please! Who would you like to see more dolls of?  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scary Cute
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I didn't see any similar unlocked topics, sorry if it's been done before!

As the title suggests, what dolls do you feel there isn't enough merchandise of, or has been neglected lately that you would love to see more releases of?

If I only could choose one, my hands-down absolute pick would be Ghoulia. I think she has an absolutely gorgeous face mold, and I'm so discouraged that she seems to have been tossed to the side. I brought up her neglect to a friend who doesn't know really anything about MH, and her reaction was, "They can't get rid of Ghoulia, she's a main character!" (She decorated lots of Monster High cakes and only really knows the mains, and considered Ghoulia to be the face of Monster High branding). While I haven't heard any confirmation that she's being discontinued, her lack of releases is pretty disheartening.

Others I would love to see more of:
Scarah - Love her style and for not having eyes, she's super adorable!
Skelita - Who doesn't love cute skeleton girls?
Honey - What's not to love about her hair? Plus her color scheme is gorgeous.
Operetta - Though not as neglected as some of the others I've mentioned, red and black are my favorite colors, I love 50s fashion, and I love musicals, including Phantom, so I have to include her haha
Gooliope - I know she's pretty new but I hope she gets more than two dolls, she's so cute and I love slime girls!
Robecca - Steampunk has always fascinated me, so I loved her as soon as I saw her.
Wydowna/Iris - I have a weakness for extra body parts (hence why I love Peri and Pearl so much and grabbed a bunch of Kalas), as well as missing features (plus I really like eyes). Come on, only two dolls each, and they're exclusives?

And while it's a long shot, some of the dolls from their own line (like Boo York's Elle Eedee and all the Brand Boo Students) I would love to see more of. They gave the girls introduced in Frights, Camera, Action! a few other dolls, I can dream they'll bring others back! Speaking of dreams, rereleasing CAM sets would make me so happy! I love the three-eyed ghoul especially, but it's impossible to find her for a reasonable price.

Who do you hope to see more of?

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
Re: More merchandise please! Who would you like to see more dolls of?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:03:36 AM »
I'll never say no to more Skelita or Honey, because I love the unique body moulds, but I'd also love to see Wydowna, Iris and Whisp get a few more dolls! I'd be very curious to see how the reboot body handles Wydowna's arm configuration, actually. Pre-reboot, I was always hoping for more Sirena, Vandala, Lorna and Marisol, but I don't think they'll be coming back.

Offline 8BrickMario

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:07:52 AM »
I'd agree to more dolls of any of the forgotten movie characters. I'd also like new dolls of Porter, Johnny, Billy, and Finnegan in some more couple/date packs, as they haven't gotten them yet.
Wydowna would be awesome, but I think she's a noncharacter at this point. She only had two G1 dolls, and zero media presence- perhaps she turned out too scary for them to feel confident using her?
I would love a helmetless Astranova. Please, just one with hair only.
And Skelita and Honey are two of my favorites conceptually, so sure, let's have a few more of them, too.

Logically, though? I'm not sure many of these guys have a chance. G2 seems determined to upgrade everyone's body to the new proportions (Whisp and Amanita and Nefera were finalized beforehand, thus the older body, and Gaga and Skelita aren't part of the main line) and they don't want to make new body molds anymore, so unless they decide to just use the G1 bodies, I'm not sure any of our more unusual characters have a chance.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Online Konzern

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 06:49:23 AM »
I always wanted a Holt/Jackson two pack, but never had too much hope for it.  I also just really want more Holt.  It took years to get his Swim Class/Make a Splash, and even then it was exclusive and shortpacked. 
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 07:55:38 AM »
I always wanted a Holt/Jackson two pack, but never had too much hope for it.  I also just really want more Holt.  It took years to get his Swim Class/Make a Splash, and even then it was exclusive and shortpacked.
I remember that "exclusive" Holt....  :rant: and I still wish they made more of him.  He's one of my fave mansters.  Next time, Mattel, make him more widely distributed, and please don't give him the doe eyes.
(JMO)
Manny should get a re-release.  His SDCC doll is pricey, and it's a shame to waste such a gorgeous mold.  Wydowna should get another release too, and Isi and Lorna.   They are equally cute and have some unique features.  (I can never have enough deer dolls.)

I realize budget constraints may limit the chances of seeing these dolls produced again, but if they can make a new Venus with molded vines, why not recycle the molds for some others?
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 08:14:07 AM »
I agree with all of you.
Would also love to see more Gilda dolls. ♡ And the Freakyear Fusions!

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 08:29:59 AM »
I realize budget constraints may limit the chances of seeing these dolls produced again, but if they can make a new Venus with molded vines, why not recycle the molds for some others?

Thing is, G2 Venus is still as minimal as they could make her- her torso isn't unique, only her limbs. So it's either reuse or never-see-again. And who knows how many of the molds are still available/active for those older characters to be made again? Based on the exceptions we've seen, I think it's unlikely for any G1 bodies to make it into the main line- Gil might prove otherwise, though, but he's still tricky- was he not upgraded because he's not the bulkiest in canon, or merely because Mattel didn't want to make a new mold with his details?
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 09:59:01 AM »
I love Mouscedes King and would love more dolls of our gray mousie ghoul!  Also, more Jacksons and Holts 100%.  They need to bring the boys back to the reboot!
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline KittyCourtz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Stone Cold Style
  • Just a lovable catgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 10:13:18 AM »
Definitely Ghoulia! I miss her! I'd also love more werecats like Catty, Catrine, and Toralei. And how about another Heath doll? We need more guy dolls for sure. Oh, and also Robecca and Honey!

Offline dollcrazed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fearleader
  • So Beguile
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 10:46:35 AM »
PLEASE. I would kill for more Holt dolls. I'm always going to be sad they never made a Holt/Frankie two-pack with the G1 dolls. And I am still holding out some hope for him to show up in the reboot with more dolls, but honestly, at this point... I'd be happy with him getting a mini. Or just showing up in any merch at all.  :cry:

I'd also love to see more of Ghoulia. Like everyone else already said, she has a gorgeous face mold and I feel like if Mattel cared about her more she could have some really amazing releases.

I want to see more of Nefera too. Her dolls are SO stunning to me.

formerly known as sweetface

Offline Evilunicorn

• Down Undah Diva
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 02:09:15 PM »
I have been fascinated by Scarah, her I <3 fashion doll is cute

Mostly I need more Robecca and Jinafire as I feel they won't get many or maybe any reboot dolls besides minis  :huh:

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »
Didn't Mattel say they have "big plans" for Ghoulia? I'm really hoping to see more of her, she has one of the most gorgeous faces, but she's always getting the short end of the stick. I do love me some Moanica, but Ghoulia's always gonna be my #1 zombie girl!

Offline desdisques

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Fashion Pack
  • Tall doll lover
    • View Profile
    • Dollulus
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 04:05:45 PM »
I hope they make another Silvi Timberwolf. She is so cute but I would like her with non-electrified hair too.

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »
I would just love to see more Honey Swamp!

Post Merge: March 08, 2017, 05:27:40 PM

I hope they make another Silvi Timberwolf. She is so cute but I would like her with non-electrified hair too.
I totally agree! I hope we get more Silvi dolls!

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 05:46:46 PM »
*whispers* Honey Swaaaaammmppppp

I'm pretty happy with the Abbey releases, so I hope those continue at a nice rate too.

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Scary Cute
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »
Didn't Mattel say they have "big plans" for Ghoulia? I'm really hoping to see more of her, she has one of the most gorgeous faces, but she's always getting the short end of the stick. I do love me some Moanica, but Ghoulia's always gonna be my #1 zombie girl!
I hadn't heard that, I have a bit of hope now!
I mostly only saw people like me complaining about lack of Ghoulia haha

And yeah, Moanica's pretty but I've seen people worried she and Ari are going to replace Ghoulia and Spectra but…we have five werecats, we can have two zombies and multiple ghosts!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:30:11 PM by Simply Indescribable »

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »
Vandala. Please.

Offline Nemesis

• Beast Friends
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 07:50:45 PM »
Wydowna, PLEASE! She's probably my favorite character, honestly. Also, Kala, Peri/Pearl, Manny, the FF hybrids, and any of the more "monstrous" characters. I always loved it when MH really pushed the limit.

As for the more "normal" ghouls... I'd like to see Honey, Gilda, Isi, Catty, Astranova, and Iris carried over into G2.

Offline roseprincess1

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 08:18:27 PM »
NEIGHTHAN PLEASE!!
and make him and Frankie offically an item!!

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »
Skelita, Robecca and Elle are my favorite girls, I would love to see more of them!
And all the mansters! It would be awesome if they remade Jackson's head to be more like the cartoon, or at least they softened his jaw a bit.
It would be double awesome if they used both types of body to have more diversity