collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
[20] 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Ebay complaints  (Read 1150 times)

Offline desdisques

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Fashion Pack
  • Tall doll lover
    • View Profile
    • Dollulus
Ebay complaints
« on: March 06, 2017, 05:43:08 PM »
So I got a cool promo from ebay that was for 500 free insertion fees. But my selling limit for the month was still 100.

I had to call a person and speak to them on the phone (and I'm sure you all know how fun that is!) There is no option for customer service through the internet. After much banter they raised my limit by 75 more items and that is all I really needed. I was happy that they compromised with me, but this system is so ridiculous.

If they have a coding algorithm to strategically send this email, the coding should account for the selling limit and adjust the offer accordingly.

I feel like they waved something exciting in my face and said nope read the fine print, it is not what it seems! Why does ebay even have such low limits? Bandwidth? stopping scammers?

I like ebay because it gets more browsers than any other selling site but their customer service for sellers is really lacking. Do you use ebay? Are there any other sites that get a lot of shoppers I could alternatively use? Maybe etsy now that they let you sell non-handmade items?

I apologize this is ranty, if it belongs better in zombie zone or off topic please feel free to move it.

Offline taffeta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
Re: Ebay complaints
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:47:29 AM »
They never used to have limits. I got stung by this a year or two back because I hadn't been selling very much for a while. I had been a seller on ebay since 1998, so when they were telling me I was 'too new' to list more than x number of auctions I was annoyed and offended.

But it has to do with the resetting feedback % as well. Its all done on recent activity, which benefits power sellers and frequent sellers, but not loyal and honest private sellers who sell sporadically. I had (and still have) 100% feedback on that account going back to 1998, but because the % resets and I haven't sold in a while, I imagine I probably have no percentage at all at present. And chances are I will probably have had my listing numbers culled down again.

Depressing how Ebay has become. It was so much better before it became a commercial business playground. It used to be the place people sold their old stuff to other people, but now it's just like another online store, only bigger.
我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間