collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Simply's Brag Zone  (Read 3452 times)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: Simply's Brag Zone
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 08:18:48 AM »
I look forward to updates from your adventures!  Pics of the Ghoul Twins abroad?!
Lisa
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 12:21:41 AM »
I look forward to updates from your adventures!  Pics of the Ghoul Twins abroad?!
Lisa
Haha probably! I'm definitely taking my camera so I won't have to resort to only phone pics, and I plan on doing a lot of customizing, which I'll be sure to put in my Customs thread. Only issue right now is I don't think I can fit all the dolls I hoped to bring on the initial trip, so I need to go through and find out who's going back to storage until my next US visit :c
I've actually started making some wefts and got quite a few sewing patterns, so I might let those two be my models for the time being!

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 06:37:42 AM »
Lisa
Haha probably! I'm definitely taking my camera so I won't have to resort to only phone pics, and I plan on doing a lot of customizing, which I'll be sure to put in my Customs thread. Only issue right now is I don't think I can fit all the dolls I hoped to bring on the initial trip, so I need to go through and find out who's going back to storage until my next US visit :c
I've actually started making some wefts and got quite a few sewing patterns, so I might let those two be my models for the time being!

Sounds good! It's always a balancing act - time, money, space, energy, supplies, scheduling. LOL!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 04:04:18 AM »
Update!

I know the prices look scary, but it's Swedish crowns, which is around 10x USD when looking at the price. The Abbey doll was $10.45 and the Ghoulia outfits were $5.75, which is normally more than I like to pay, but a steal here in Sweden! There was also a Frankie outfit pack from the same line marked down to 49:- also, but I passed on it.

To give a comparison, the other dolls I saw in the store were:
Ghouls' Night Out Rochelle and Lagoona - 269:- ($31.59)
Boo York Luna Elle and Mouscedes - 399:- ($46.85)
Gloom and Bloom Venus - 299:- ($35.11)
Monster Exchange Lorna and Marisol - 299:- ($35.11)
Sweden (and apparently most of Europe) have ridiculous prices, it's kind of upsetting.

I also saw 13 Wishes Twyla and the Scarah and Frankie from the Freaky Fusion line, but I didn't see a price for them. There was a hidden paper showing 229:- ($26.89) for the FF line, but it might have been cheaper. I'll have to get a price check next time I go back (maybe the other Scaris Abbey will still be there)!

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 08:33:19 AM »
That fashion pack is a super-great find, congrats!

(our prices are similarly ridiculous here, I sympathise!)

Offline pinkbird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fangtastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2017, 03:52:56 AM »
Ooh that fashion pack is awesome. So is Scaris Abbey. Great finds. :D

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 12:32:55 PM »
Thanks to SweetScreams for unlocking this!

So the other day I went to Tuesday Morning and picked up Dead Tired Cleo and Draculara for $8 each, and an Electrified Draculaura for $7! Not sure why that one was cheaper than the older line, but great prices anyways, so I yoinked them. Unfortunately didn't get pictures of them (had to put them in storage since I'm staying somewhere temporarily and am trying to bring as few items here as possible), but I'm very excited that I found them!

Last night I was browsing Facebook Marketplace and got the deal of the century!

All these for only $30! The listing only had the Ghoulias and I even asked if by any chance they had other dolls they were looking to sell and was told Ghoulias were all they had, so the Frankie was a nice surprise. I still can't believe I got them, Ghoulia is my absolute favorite and given how impossible it is to find her, I'm blown away that I got 6 of them in really good condition for less than $5 each!

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »
Quote from: Simply Indescribable link=topic=13908.msg297259#msg297259 date=1511123575
Last night I was browsing Facebook Marketplace and got the deal of the century!
[img width=600 height=450
https://i.imgur.com/QkDxlgu.jpg[/img]
All these for only $30! The listing only had the Ghoulias and I even asked if by any chance they had other dolls they were looking to sell and was told Ghoulias were all they had, so the Frankie was a nice surprise. I still can't believe I got them, Ghoulia is my absolute favorite and given how impossible it is to find her, I'm blown away that I got 6 of them in really good condition for less than $5 each!

Yay! Ghoulia! I absolutely love her, too, and don't have as many of her as I'd like! $30 is such a steal! Great find!

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 04:46:46 PM »

Well if you insist!  Picked up from Tuesday Morning today.

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2018, 11:43:28 AM »
Thanks for unlocking, SaelaVe ♡

After getting auction after auction sniped from me by someone who only joined in the last minute, I finally landed one!

Super excited for it, it's got quite a few that I don't yet have that I really wanted (my first Vandala and Purrsephone!) and lots I wanted duplicates of.

There's a few other lots I've been looking to buy off Facebook (and one with a fantastic lot that posted in my area but is actually in the next state almost 3 hours away that I'd be willing to work with to buy but she won't get back to me, super frustrating!) that I'll update with if I get them.

I didn't get everything in this lot since at the last minute, the seller's daughter decided to keep a chunk of them, including (of course) the Gilda, but I got a sizable amount from these (plus a not pictured Gigi) for $60.

I'm probably going to be done buying dolls after these ones I'm looking at now, it's more than enough to work on customs with!

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 05:19:29 PM »
Ignore the last post, I am a liar.

I stopped at a garage sale on a whim, where someone was selling dolls for $2. A guy who was there before me bought a few I would have taken, and I didn't grab the Bloodgood in time before another woman took her, but what a haul!

I have one final(?) box showing up on Tuesday that I'm very excited about, and can't wait to post here c:

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 03:23:47 PM »

There's some noticeable pieces missing (like the bee girl is missing a shoe and a wing) and there's a few funky torso swaps, but this was such a steal given the amount of them and the condition!