collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Simply's Brag Zone  (Read 5373 times)

Online Sweet Bats

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Simply's Brag Zone
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:18:06 PM »
I got a lot of good finds this past week so I decided I'd finally make a thread to document them. Also if anyone really really wants any of the dolls I picked up, I may be willing to sell (unboxed) for the price I paid + shipping. I get the dolls to repaint later, so I'd feel bad if I wiped a doll someone's been searching for!

First off, tonight!

All for $9 each! I'm glad I found a sale Lorna, and this is the first I've seen a Haunted doll in store, much less two! WalMart also had Posea and Kala for $13 each, but I got some from a friend with a 5 Below near her. Now if Peri and Pearl were in there…

Feb 28/March 1 - Hit up a few Tuesday Morning stores
Brand Boo Students, two of each Batsy, Isi, and Kjersti, $10 each (probably my favorite line, I can't resist them!)
Great Scarrier Reef Toralei and Lagoona, $8 each
Gloom Beach Clawdeen, $8 (two more for $5 each at a WalMart)
Monstrous Rivals Draculaura and Moanica, $15
Ghoul's Beast Pet Lagoona, $8

And due to my lack of restraint, I'm likely heading back to grab the Frightfully Tall Clawdeen they had for $15 (Edit 3/6: I bought it).  The main tall doll I'm waiting for is the Shriekwrecked Gooliope, but TRU still has it full price. All the dolls aside from MH seemed to be on clearance.

However, I found a $10 Freak du Chic Gooliope hiding at another WalMart, that was an exciting find! Certainly made up for not finding a good deal on the other one.

And though it was quite some time ago, I'd say some of my most exciting finds were $4 BYBY Operetta and $8 Scarnival Skelita. Love both of them!

None of my friends really care so I've always had to contain my excitement. No more!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:06:40 PM by Simply Indescribable »
Etsy - Custom Dolls - Customs Thread - Resource: Blank Doll Heads
Formerly known as Simply Indescribable

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: Simply's Brag Zone
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 02:50:55 AM »
Big congrats on your haul and shopping good fortune! Thanks for such a good rundown on what you got and where!

I also swung by a Tuesday Morning yesterday (Sunday), also got Brand Boo Students Batsy & Kjersti (sadly no Isi, maybe I need to go back and look some more now???) - they ARE fun! They also had a number of Great Scarrier Reefs, I got the only Posea. And one lone EAH Farrah. With a STAND!

Have you decided who's getting a makeover first???
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:21:14 AM »
Big congrats on your haul and shopping good fortune! Thanks for such a good rundown on what you got and where!

I also swung by a Tuesday Morning yesterday (Sunday), also got Brand Boo Students Batsy & Kjersti (sadly no Isi, maybe I need to go back and look some more now???) - they ARE fun! They also had a number of Great Scarrier Reefs, I got the only Posea. And one lone EAH Farrah. With a STAND!

Have you decided who's getting a makeover first???
Thank you! I'm very excited about them, and especially now that I have a place to share!

I actually had started on a Dance Class Lagoona I got from an eBay lot quite some time ago. Unfortunately I had purchased a sealant that didn't grip the pencils well, and by the time the proper sealant arrived, I was far too busy to start it up again. So I have a poor faceless Lagoona waiting for attention, but it's likely going to have to wait until after I move. After that, no idea, but I've got plenty of used dolls that could use some cleaning up and TLC that would make nice candidates for faceup practice!

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 03:27:12 AM »
Isn't that the truth! Time, money, resources. The eternal equation.

Good luck with your move!
Lisa

Offline Claire

• Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »
The Walmart I work at never seems to have anything good on clearance. ;____; Some of the Barbie Fashionistas were $5 but none that I really wanted, and I did see the blue dress holiday Barbie for $9 but by time I was considering her she was gone. Everyone else always finds such good deals. Congrats! <3

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
The Walmart I work at never seems to have anything good on clearance. ;____; Some of the Barbie Fashionistas were $5 but none that I really wanted, and I did see the blue dress holiday Barbie for $9 but by time I was considering her she was gone. Everyone else always finds such good deals. Congrats! <3
It took quite a few WalMarts to find anything good, the closest one to me only had Gloom Beach Draculauras (even though Brickseek said they should have had Venus as well, which is what I was looking for), and most of the stores didn't have any dolls at all in their clearance. Hopefully something pops up near you soon!

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 01:52:04 AM »
Yoink. Score!

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »
The stores where I live never price down. All the dolls, old or new collections are 34,00. Congrats!

Offline Lions Go Rawr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 02:09:38 AM »
Major congrats on that Frankie! $5 is a steal!
Bring me home in a blinding dream through the secrets that I have seen.
Wash the sorrow from off my skin, show me how to be whole again.
I'm only a crack, in this castle of glass. Hardly anything there for you to see.

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »
Maaaaaan
I thought I was going to get a really good deal today
Someone on FB Marketplace listed like 16 NIB dolls with the price listed as $10, and she told me she was willing to give a bulk discount
Asked how much she'd take for C.A. Cupid, Robecca (Art Class and Dead Tired), Rochelle (Sig, Scaris, Ghoul's Night Out), and Ghoulia (Scaris and Dawn of the Dance)
She said $307 D;
Like I get that she was going off of lowest Amazon pricing, but don't say $10 if you're going to charge $50!

Then when we discussed unboxed dolls (since she had a Sig Ghoulia), she wanted $90, even though she said it wasn't complete. I'd rather just buy the rereleased 6 pack at that point D;

Good news is I found a good lot on eBay I'm considering grabbing, which I will post if I end up winning <3

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »
It's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here!
I always get sniped in the last seconds of any auction so I'm super ecstatic I nabbed alll of these for $34! Sorry for the poor quality pictures, in the middle of a move and can't get a good photo spot set up.

First up, my Ghoulias and Operetta. Out of attainable/main ghouls, these are probably my favorites. As I mentioned in the thread about wanting more dolls of specific characters, Operetta's color scheme and aesthetic match me perfectly, and I absolutely love Ghoulia's face mold, perfect for an aspiring customizer! Dead Tired Ghoulia's hair got taped a bit in the package, but not that big of a deal to me, they'll be getting some TLC sooner or later. Please ignore Operetta flashing the camera.

While the three above were pretty much the main reason for purchasing the lot, I won't say no to extra dolls! The CAM Witch is missing an arm, but I can probably purchase a replacement. I have an incomplete Casta who might be missing the opposite arm, so if it fits, this might work out. Her fingers are a little bent out of shape, so I'll need to heat and remold those. She also has a small stain on her leg I didn't notice until after I took the picture, but that can be practice with tattoos! Which brings us to probably the main reason I purchased the lot...

CUPID!!!!
Ohhh my goodness I was so excited to see her! I don't even care that she's incomplete, this was such a good price! $34 for 7 dolls, that's like a $5 Cupid! Plus she has that same type of face as Ghoulia, and I adooooore the lacy designs on her limbs. I'm so excited to be working with these in the future!

I have another lot purchased through here coming in the next week or so, and that's of course getting posted as well!

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 03:32:01 PM »
Big congrats on your new Ghouls! Yay! The Ghoulias and Operetta look to be in very nice shape, yes? And that's a very nice Cupid score!!

The first time I saw that CAM witch in a pic, I developed OCD...Obsessive Collector's Desire. Tracked one down, I did!   :haha:
Lisa

Offline monsteleon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fangtastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »
Nice haul! :cool:

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 03:23:07 PM »
And my lot from Abbinormal just came in today!!!

Soooo hype!
I was really really excited for the CAM girls, especially the triclops. One was sent as parts, and I had a torso and upper limbs to complete it. I also just now realized I was so elated that I attached her legs backwards, oops!
I also got a few CAM pieces that aren't pictured, but I'm looking forward to tinkering with them!

Bonus pic
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:52:25 PM by Simply Indescribable »

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 08:31:18 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks like Robecca is losing her head from all the excitement!!! 
:haha:

Congrats on having TWO of the Three-Eyed Ghouls! Are their faceups different? Looks like their eyebrows are different colors? Would you mind doing a side by side pic of them?

I have the head/arms/legs for one, haven't yet identified a body solution for mine yet.

Your background is cool too, a water mural??? And I like the cornrows on (?) Ghoulia.

Nice selection/haul!
Lisa

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 01:45:29 PM »

Looks like Robecca is losing her head from all the excitement!!! 
:haha:

Congrats on having TWO of the Three-Eyed Ghouls! Are their faceups different? Looks like their eyebrows are different colors? Would you mind doing a side by side pic of them?

I have the head/arms/legs for one, haven't yet identified a body solution for mine yet.

Your background is cool too, a water mural??? And I like the cornrows on (?) Ghoulia.

Nice selection/haul!
Lisa
Both Robecca and Elle had their heads removed. A lot of them were customizing projects by the prior owner. One of the ghouls does have a faceup started, which was done by Abbinormal. I'm not sure if the new Ghoulia style was done by her, since she seemed to indicate that the bangs were created by someone else and left the doll with a bald patch.
I've already packed the dolls away so I can't get a side by side comparison shot of the two for at least another two weeks, but the rightmost one has adorable purple blushing and the mouth is open a bit, as well as the eyebrow color being painted over.

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »
Cool! Sounds great, thank you!!!

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 12:02:48 PM »
Cool! Sounds great, thank you!!!
I ended up making one last rummage through my dolls to decide which ones I REALLY wanted to bring for the initial flight (a bulk of my collection is in a 50 gallon container in storage, no way I'm bringing all of them at once!) so I'm able to get a few pics for ya!

There's some adorable blushing inside the ears I missed initially!
And yes, both are coming with me ;)

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 02:43:42 PM »

GAH! Three-eyed Ghoul Twins!!!! Totally in love. Thank you for the pics. Makes me want to find a torso for my ghoul asap. The one with the ear blushing,  was she a partial custom under way?

When do you leave? Good luck with your packing!
Lisa

Online Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 04:45:50 PM »
GAH! Three-eyed Ghoul Twins!!!! Totally in love. Thank you for the pics. Makes me want to find a torso for my ghoul asap. The one with the ear blushing,  was she a partial custom under way?

When do you leave? Good luck with your packing!
Lisa
I think so? Abbinormal mentioned that a lot of these were for customs that she no longer had the time for or something like that. Which I totally understand, they're very time-consuming!

I leave on Wednesday. Thanks! I'm super nervous haha.